HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dental, Braces & Jaw Surgery

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #421

currently in pain and happen to chance upon B9 Dental. wah see the reviews about Dr Raymond very two-sided. some online reviews say good service, make you feel at ease, good advice while others says treats his patient as cash cow, half-hearted responses.... very more inputs or intro others?? will like to find experienced doc to do molar tooth extraction. dun nid rool canel cos so exp

Last edited by onepiecepop; 12-07-2017 at 10:44 AM..
onepiecepop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 05:04 PM   #422

Jaw surgery post op D-6

Hello all! I've finally found strength to start using my computer and phone after 6 days from the date of my surgery. Can anyone who has done the surgery let me know approximately how long did it take for your swelling to go down completely? Been feeling very horrible, tired and useless lately because I can't seem to do anything and all I want to do is sleep. Not sure if its normal because its day 6 post op already. Also, for those that did wear the dressing with the ice packs, when did you take it off officially? Also, is it normal for the bottom right chin and my right side of my neck to feel extremely sore? I'm having a difficult time sleeping as well because I'm so stiff. Would appreciate any advice that I can get. Thanks!
leesubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #423

Hello! Wondering if anyone knows/experienced overgrown gum whereby the gum covers the tooth but not hugging it? It's quite uncomfortable/itchy and bleeds when I try to floss the problem area.

My polyclinic dental appointment is only in about 2 months' time so it'll be really helpful if there's anything I can do in the mean time. I use soft bristle toothbrush, mouth wash and floss daily.

Also, I'm intending to put braces. Will overgrown gums affect whether or not I'm able to put braces/worsen when putting braces? Thanks!
happy3gg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #424

Hello all! I've finally found strength to start using my computer and phone after 6 days from the date of my surgery. Can anyone who has done the surgery let me know approximately how long did it take for your swelling to go down completely? Been feeling very horrible, tired and useless lately because I can't seem to do anything and all I want to do is sleep. Not sure if its normal because its day 6 post op already. Also, for those that did wear the dressing with the ice packs, when did you take it off officially? Also, is it normal for the bottom right chin and my right side of my neck to feel extremely sore? I'm having a difficult time sleeping as well because I'm so stiff. Would appreciate any advice that I can get. Thanks!
I'm 5 weeks post surgery and I still feel my cheeks are a little swollen! I took off the dressing with ice packs after the first week as it didn't seem to help anymore. My bottom chin and lips still feels sore/numb even until now though. It's pretty difficult to smile straight yet too
cliffhan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #425

I'm 5 weeks post surgery and I still feel my cheeks are a little swollen! I took off the dressing with ice packs after the first week as it didn't seem to help anymore. My bottom chin and lips still feels sore/numb even until now though. It's pretty difficult to smile straight yet too
Oh no! Hope your swelling goes down completely soon! I see. How's your diet right now? Don't mind if you PM me your surgeon too?
Old 27-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #426

Anyone has to put a Transpalatal Arch? ( I had my separators for a week, got used to them within a few hours and no pain at all. My first extraction of 2 teeth had completely no pain after extraction but my second extraction of 2 more teeth HURT LIKE A BITCH. I cried and cried and cried zzzzz. Just had the metal molar bands put in today, dentist say have to put Transpalatal Arch.... looks like a torture device to me lol. how the hell am I gonna eat/drink/talk man?
HI!!! how is your TPA? how did you eat? did it hurt a lot? can you talk normally? Im putting mine soon and I'm freaking out

Not only i have TPA, i also have lingual arch(it was placed at the lower part behind the teeh. If u have the time do go through some of my post.

i did share google links in my previous post

There are many things I cant eat. veggie is the worse of all. it can caught in the TPA and dangling there, either i use chopstick to pull it out, or make my way to toilet.

i just pm-ed you..

Last edited by blyth3; 27-07-2017 at 04:06 PM..
blyth3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #427

Recovery experience

Hello all! Just wanted to share my experience regarding my post op recovery.

Cant remember if it was day 8 or 9, but I woke up at around 2am because my nose was bleeding, and much to my horror, I was bleeding continuously for 4 hours straight. At first it was just a constant nose bleed, then I started vomiting as well because there was something stuck in my throat. It was horrible because my nose was blocked, and I was vomiting through my mouth, therefore I practically had no way to breathe and was panicking so much. Found out from my doctor that I was supposed to keep my head down and let the blood come out, and throughout the 4 hours, I managed to pull out about 6-7 blood clots through my nose (which were the same blood clots that were stuck in my throat which I couldn't get out through vomiting). It was quite a shocking experience for me because there was so much blood everywhere. Just want to advice anyone who happens to experience this as well, the most important thing is NOT TO PANIC. Use a cloth with ice wrapped and put it on your nose to help with the nose bleed.

Not sure if I'm really unlucky or something, but on day 12, I developed rashes. It got to a point where it was quite bad because there were red spots all over my body, up to my hands and even onto my face. I consulted my usual GP, and she suspected it was Pityriasis Rosea. It's something like chicken pox, and my surgeon told me it was a viral infection. No idea how I got it in the first place, but my mum suspected it has something to do with the outside food that I had. So please be cautious of what you drink (I had bak chor mee soup and kway chap soup that day) whilst recovering!!! For this infection, it can take up to a month for the spots to fade away as well.

Just wanted to share my experience in case this happens to anyone else as well!!
Old 07-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #428

Fake Braces

Dear all,

If you read my previous post, that i mention that it is fashion trend to wear braces in thailand, those who cannot afford would go for fake ones. there were 2 teenagers pass away due to this.

the craz has spread to singapore already. I saw someone selling fake braces and i urged everyone to educate your friends and family not to purchase fake braces, we dont know the metal composition that were use and i highly suspect that it could mercury, it is extremely toxic. we dont know where the source come from. Please see the link for your reference.

https://sg.carousell.com/thedentalshop/

There is another link that i saw offering dental services @ $300.00. One should not approach these home base unlicensed and unauthorized Dentist, and it is illegal.

https://sg.carousell.com/alesya88/

https://sg.carousell.com/shima271987/

https://sg.carousell.com/dustandfig/

I've wrote to MOH as well as reporting to Carousell to remove the sale but there is no out come yet.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:50 PM   #429

Scuba Diving

Im going for diving on braces next month.

I remember i had toothache when i was taking a flight to thailand.

Now i worried that i might have Toothache when i descend.
Should i buy Moldable Scuba Mouthpiece. sigh~
Old 09-09-2017, 05:34 PM   #430

H all, I'm planning to go for teeth whitening as my current dental clinic only have whitening kit. Any side effect or anything i have to take note of ?

Any good dental to recommend for teeth whitening ?
doran_lum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 11:09 PM   #431
Supremacy Member

the black color filling can be filled using new white color material?
only_lonely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 02:19 AM   #432

hi sideline abit ,

anyone under go general anaesthesia in NDC before .

im tinking of letting nmmy son go for the GA at NDC , becos i bought him to the dentist today and was told he has to extract at least 4 decayed tooth .

The dentist tried to extract his tooth for him , giving him local anaesthesia onli .

He was screaming & kicking ,saying that it was painful ... in the end din extract .

Can pay by medisave for GA @NDC ? i was also wondering my son will be p1 next year , hv school dental services but dunno can tahan till then .

appreciate ur opinion & advises
elaine81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #433
Master Member

My 15yo youngest daughter teeth grinding issue during sleep seems getting worst (more frequent, much louder).
I need to find a solution before it become her social issue in her future.

Sent from my friend's mobile using GAGT
kevinlaikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 05:50 PM   #434

currently in pain and happen to chance upon B9 Dental. wah see the reviews about Dr Raymond very two-sided. some online reviews say good service, make you feel at ease, good advice while others says treats his patient as cash cow, half-hearted responses.... very more inputs or intro others?? will like to find experienced doc to do molar tooth extraction. dun nid rool canel cos so exp

hmm tooth extraction can never be "good service" if you need surgery to open up ur gum, eventually u'll still go through the same pain and discomfort like any of us here, just that the pain tolerance for everyone is different.

Most of the dentist in SG are certified with license. They went through alot of internship to grad with a certain level of experience.

Rather, I'm more caution of those experience doctors because they can to be complacent, they dont care about your well being at all.
Old 28-09-2017, 06:10 PM   #435

the black color filling can be filled using new white color material?
white color fiing is not new, it has been in sg for more than 15yrs.

black filling last longer, i had a white filling when i was 16yrs old, i think about 17yrs old i have to replace the white filling, then change to black filling, it last me at least 10yrs it's so long that i dont need to replace, but my dentist recommend me to replace before i put on braces.

My 15yo youngest daughter teeth grinding issue during sleep seems getting worst (more frequent, much louder).
I need to find a solution before it become her social issue in her future.

Sent from my friend's mobile using GAGT
Im 30yrs this yr, i had a serious grinding and sleep talking issue since young, and i nv really care about it. i'll grind when i am extremely tired, it happens when im too hyper during the day, the grinding issue will gradually go away on its on, perhaps not 100% but lessen as they grow older,

my grinding used to be so noisy that i woke my sister and she slap me to stop my grinding during my sleep... hahaha..

as for sleep talking, i still talks during my sleep, i cant control lei..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.