HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dental, Braces & Jaw Surgery

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 12:24 AM   #496

It wasn't protruding out initially cause the upper and bottom front hits each other exactly but now after a month of brace my bottom jaw begins to protrude.. :/
that is because your bottom teeth was most likely bending inwards, the teeth will naturally try to compensate for it. in any case it sounds like you still have some mild underbite and is a candidate for this surgery..
lovemyself123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #497

Sorry try again i think my mailbox was full
i tried multiple times, i couldn't sent out, probably i am still new to HWZ forum so i am not allow to PM people?

anyway yea, so i have cross bite, clicking joint that i want to correct it. it got worst over the time maybe due to my heavy grinding teeth at night so it become more slanted then before.

if anyone did their braces and jaw surgery there with NTFH surgeon and orthodontics, im very new to them, want to know more of their reviews
xiaostephy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:21 AM   #498

i tried multiple times, i couldn't sent out, probably i am still new to HWZ forum so i am not allow to PM people?

anyway yea, so i have cross bite, clicking joint that i want to correct it. it got worst over the time maybe due to my heavy grinding teeth at night so it become more slanted then before.

if anyone did their braces and jaw surgery there with NTFH surgeon and orthodontics, im very new to them, want to know more of their reviews
i think you need 10 or 20 post to be able to private message pple..
anyway you should ask kukubirdx3 or lengbebe about doing at NTFH because although i did it there my surgeons were from private clinics

what i can help you with is advice of the process etc. does your cross bite have underbite as well? heavy grinding is due to the jaw deformity, i dont think it can worsen ur cross bite but i may be wrong. how old are you? your jaw may still be growing thats why
Old 05-12-2017, 08:29 AM   #499

anyway you should ask kukubirdx3 or lengbebe about doing at NTFH because although i did it there my surgeons were from private clinics

what i can help you with is advice of the process etc. does your cross bite have underbite as well? heavy grinding is due to the jaw deformity, i dont think it can worsen ur cross bite but i may be wrong. how old are you? your jaw may still be growing thats why
Me and leng did the surgery at KTPH though... not NTFH
KuKuBirDx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:20 AM   #500

i'm 26 now, i am not so sure if i have underbite, but my lower jaw was slanted to one side. Xray taken was showing that one side of my bone is long than the other.

just managed to booked appointment in January with the surgeon and orthodontics to review when to start my brace :S

not sure if they are ok, initially i only have appointment for the surgery, so if i didn't call up to ask about my braces, this will be forgotten.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:20 AM   #501

no wonder i can't sent, this will be my 6th post only HAHAHA
Old 06-12-2017, 01:53 PM   #502
Master Member

Any reviews invinsalign vs mbrace?

research says its the same just USA vs SG made lol

Not too keen on metal braces tbh..

Last edited by jayz89; 06-12-2017 at 08:11 PM..
jayz89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #503

no wonder i can't sent, this will be my 6th post only HAHAHA
I can show u some pics of my before after, when u have sufficient post to PM me
Old 07-12-2017, 09:59 PM   #504

that is because your bottom teeth was most likely bending inwards, the teeth will naturally try to compensate for it. in any case it sounds like you still have some mild underbite and is a candidate for this surgery..
Yeah seems like this is the case.. Got myself more ulcers now that all my 8 molars are fitted with metal brackets. But all's well I'm excited to be doing the surgery at NUH! Anyone has prior experience doing surgery at NUH??
fishaye28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #505
Supremacy Member

Any reviews invinsalign vs mbrace?

research says its the same just USA vs SG made lol

Not too keen on metal braces tbh..
Can read about Invisalign in Singapore, and Mbrace in Singapore here
Sapphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.