HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Dental, Braces & Jaw Surgery

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #61
Master Member

Which dental clinic provides thorough cleaning and not those Wayang touch a bit for 5 mins and charge you above $80 ?
neanea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:14 AM   #62

Whoa, does it hurt? How do you eat?
Doesnt hurt though, cant drink hot stuff, my tongue was scald by the thick wire, i am on liquid diet, those 3 in 1 cereal mix with milo(a little hot water to dissolve the contents) and fill the cup with milk. Only can eat soft boil egg, mash potato, hardest food i can chew so far is sausage; i'll cut into 2cm. haha

i tried to eat spinach, it was caught in the wire, pretty much annoying. This evening went to eat steam boat for farewell dinner, the entire time i was soaking sausages, luncheon meat & toufu, hehe...

Basically the wires gets in the way, i dont know how to floss even when i use floss threader to guide the floss in between the teeth, the lower arch is an obstruction. took me like 20mins to floss

1st dec installed band #7 at the last molar because it is a scissors bite, tilting outwards rubbing against the cheeks and i always have ulcers. a elastic rubber band was "hook" to bring the tooth inwards and securing the rubber band to the TPA.

the dentist also place something ( cement i think) to increase the height of the teeth so that there is space for the last molar to maneuver inwards.

I can barely chew at all cos the teeth are not touch against each other.

Occasionally saliva still drips with i sleep.

worse part is that i'm very sporty person, i stopped exercising for about 2 weeks due lack of food, i get tired or giddy easily.

i'm one of your fan to read your blog Keep them coming.
blyth3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:44 AM   #63

Doesnt hurt though, cant drink hot stuff, my tongue was scald by the thick wire, i am on liquid diet, those 3 in 1 cereal mix with milo(a little hot water to dissolve the contents) and fill the cup with milk. Only can eat soft boil egg, mash potato, hardest food i can chew so far is sausage; i'll cut into 2cm. haha

i tried to eat spinach, it was caught in the wire, pretty much annoying. This evening went to eat steam boat for farewell dinner, the entire time i was soaking sausages, luncheon meat & toufu, hehe...

Basically the wires gets in the way, i dont know how to floss even when i use floss threader to guide the floss in between the teeth, the lower arch is an obstruction. took me like 20mins to floss

1st dec installed band #7 at the last molar because it is a scissors bite, tilting outwards rubbing against the cheeks and i always have ulcers. a elastic rubber band was "hook" to bring the tooth inwards and securing the rubber band to the TPA.

the dentist also place something ( cement i think) to increase the height of the teeth so that there is space for the last molar to maneuver inwards.

worse part is that i'm very sporty person, i stopped exercising for about 2 weeks due lack of food, i get tired or giddy easily.

You said hardest food you can chew so far... so how long have ago was the surgery? When was it?
KuKuBirDx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #64

Nope didnt opt for surgery, if you followed my previous post :p just another alternative way to opt out surgery.

Last edited by blyth3; 06-12-2016 at 12:09 AM..
Old 07-12-2016, 01:44 AM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not an easy decision to do the surgery though. I totally understand.

Took me 5 years to finally take the plunge and I'm going to do it next month. Took me so long to finally decide and I even missed the chance to do it free in the army. I even visited quite a few hospitals and dental clinics to consult last time.

My condition is a little different from most peeps here as what i read was most people here have class 3 deformity right? For my case, I have extremely bad overjet, so bad that 2 orthodontists rejected me when I wanted to do braces 4 years ago.

To sum up, I have a short face + gummy smile(contradicting if u try to think of it), overbite/jet and receded chin. I think class 3 people who did the surgery will look very natural after the procedure, where for my case I guess I still won't look very good after the surgery, but i trust my surgeon that she will do a great job and exceeds my expectations. Definitely will see change for sure still lah.

I will take some pictures before and after the procedure so wait for it guys.

Last edited by lengbebe; 07-12-2016 at 01:46 AM..
lengbebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:59 AM   #66

Took me 5 years to finally take the plunge and I'm going to do it next month. Took me so long to finally decide and I even missed the chance to do it free in the army. I even visited quite a few hospitals and dental clinics to consult last time.

My condition is a little different from most peeps here as what i read was most people here have class 3 deformity right? For my case, I have extremely bad overjet, so bad that 2 orthodontists rejected me when I wanted to do braces 4 years ago.

To sum up, I have a short face + gummy smile(contradicting if u try to think of it), overbite/jet and receded chin. I think class 3 people who did the surgery will look very natural after the procedure, where for my case I guess I still won't look very good after the surgery, but i trust my surgeon that she will do a great job and exceeds my expectations. Definitely will see change for sure still lah.

Yeah man! Good choice and good luck for you! Remember to share some photos here for us! Cheers mate and all the best!
lengbebe likes this.
Old 14-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #67

Wow! Congrats! HAHA if you ever feel lonely during your post-op journey, you can chat with us here man. I wished I had found this chat earlier luh, I was so lonely I ended up talking to myself on my jaw surgery blog instead

You can start trying Ensure milk now. Wahahaha.
lengbebe likes this.
chocobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #68

Awww, so sweet of you! Haha can't promise good post frequency but I'll try. I just went for my braces adjustment today and hoping I can deband soon! I'm having the same elastic band "hooks" you're having now for my once-upon-a-time vampire teeth. Hahaha and I know the feeling of the cement height thingies, because I had them before the surgery and they really annoyed me.
chocobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 11:29 PM   #69

Anyone here know how long the mc will be for upper wisdom tooth extraction per side?
Old 12-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #70

Anyone here know how long the mc will be for upper wisdom tooth extraction per side?
Well, if extra both together, surgery is 5days mc, one wisdom also 5days.

W/o surgery i think its 2-3days.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #71

Well, if extra both together, surgery is 5days mc, one wisdom also 5days.

W/o surgery i think its 2-3days.
Moi already did my wisdom tooth extraction w/o surgery at KTPH. I only get 1 day MC
Old 13-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #72

Moi already did my wisdom tooth extraction w/o surgery at KTPH. I only get 1 day MC
Actually hor, in 2010 i extracted my upper wisdom tooth because i wanna find excuse to escape work. LOL

in 2013, i used the same excuses to extract my lower wisdom tooth, 5 days mc also LOL
Old 13-01-2017, 09:36 PM   #73

Regret

Eventually i QUIT my job last december, to retain my sanity in that circumstances.

Now i regret opting out from jaw surgery, should have just go for the surgery, take 1 month HL and still get paid, and quit my job!. hehe..

anywyay,

I have gummy teeth, now the set of teeth pushed in, the bones at the gum protrude slightly out, at 1st i thought it was ulcer, but so strange, ulcer was in "pain" for like a few weeks, but it doesnt get worse. Verified with dentist yesterday, it was actually my bones.

she suggested that at the end of my braces, i may consider cutting my gums and file the bones away.

wanted to upload pictures here, i guess i do not have enough post count. so share google link for you guys to see

1)Lingual Arch for lower,

2) TransPalatal Arch (TPA),
roof of my mouth

dentist says if i didnt skip any appointments, most likely will takes appox. 1 year before i can remove the wires behind my teeth.

Last edited by blyth3; 13-01-2017 at 10:12 PM..
Old 13-01-2017, 09:54 PM   #74

yesterday my braces bracket popped 3 pcs in total on the left while the dentist was tightening, not because she is not good, but due to significant signs that my teeth shifted, it became not aligned, a little slanted because the teeth were pushed in. resulting biting on one side, the food were indirectly lifting the brackets out.

See pic

nowadays i realised i had to spend on additional things like

1) mouth rinse solution
(In case bad breath)

2) Lip Balm, started buying different brands to try.
(my lips tends to be super duper dry till it bleeds, i even applied when i sleep)

3) floss threader & floss
(im considering getting waterpik, takes too much time to floss when there is wire obstructing behind my teeth)

any recommendation for waterpik?

4) toothpaste, on average, i brush like 4x a day... hahaha...

Last edited by blyth3; 13-01-2017 at 09:57 PM..
Old 13-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #75

I really really love posting in this thread, it;s like nobody knows what im going through eventhough i explained to them. you guys been through the worse than me. i really amused. Dont kick me out of this thread pllllsssss....

i also have trouble pronouncing words like "b" "v"

Pinying "shuang" "xuan" hahah
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.