dental care yearly routine check

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

dental care yearly routine check

what do ppl do ? polish n scaling?

how much would that be? hundred over dollar?
what is the cheapest price can get?
Old 19-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #2

Should be twice yearly.

Yup, polishing & scaling.

Depends on where you go and how clean your teeth are. Q&M usually ~$100.

HWZ lifting Stats

iherb code - SIH278
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #3

what do ppl do ? polish n scaling?

how much would that be? hundred over dollar?
what is the cheapest price can get?
If you don't mind going into JB, you can do that for RM100-110 (One third the price!)

Loadsa Singaporeans go into JB for dental as well. I do mine at Holiday Plaza, qualified and friendly dentists.
charcoalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
Master Member

If you don't mind going into JB, you can do that for RM100-110 (One third the price!)

Loadsa Singaporeans go into JB for dental as well. I do mine at Holiday Plaza, qualified and friendly dentists.
Is it easy to Book appointment on weekends? How you and the clinic contact? You got malaysian line ar?
Cometdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 09:35 PM   #5

Is it easy to Book appointment on weekends? How you and the clinic contact? You got malaysian line ar?
Better call in advance to make an appointment regardless of weekday or weekends. Their business is pretty brisk.

Lim Dental (Holiday Plaza)
+60 73311858
Old 19-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

o ok. if thailand how much ar? will thailand be cheaper?
Old 19-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #7

o ok. if thailand how much ar? will thailand be cheaper?
No idea leh, never plan a trip to Thailand to clean my teeth before
Old 10-11-2015, 01:48 PM   #8

It is recommended to do dental checkup every 6 months. It is usually scaling and polishing. Filing is required when there is cavity.
Scaling & polishing is about S$100-S$150.
Filing could be above S$100 if it is a complex one.
Health_Wellness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 01:25 AM   #9

Better call in advance to make an appointment regardless of weekday or weekends. Their business is pretty brisk.

Lim Dental (Holiday Plaza)
+60 73311858

U must be crazy to go there

Pls u guys do not know about jb dental infection control standards!
Very unhygienic! Cut my tongue when filling! Never see new instruments in pouch! Sink all dirty with blood stain and lipstick on cup!!!! Poor infection control!

Anyone have visited lim dental in holiday plaza.
Last month was the scariest encounter in my life.
The dentist cut my tongue accidently with the filling device, when i washed my mouth at the basin i realised the sputum was full of dirty debris and blood left. And the disposable cup has lipstick on it they didnt change as i saw the previous patient was a lady! This really let me doubt their infection control!
Do you all notice the dentist changed new instruments and open new bag of tools after every paient?
i realise always when i go to the dentist lie on the chair , the dentist will start to put tools into my mouth , realised that the tools are there and then on the tray already. I went to polyclinic however i saw the dentist take out a bag of tools before using it .
i been to 3 to 4 times never once seen them open a new bag of tools . I wonder did they really sterilised them . How about their handpiece do they sterilised them cos always notice every time patient go in and out very fast. Pretty worried
sbn233y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 07:21 AM   #10

I went to Melaka and had my scaling and polishing done, actually I had my scaling and polishing done in Mar at Woodlands Polyclinic cost me any $50. Polyclinic was fast 15 mins and you are done.

Melaka Dentist is really meticulous, told her I had gum bleeding. She taught me how to floss correctly and use interdental brush to clean in between the teeth. After inspection she did root planning, total cost rm240, about $80 here. After following her advice, I don't have gum bleeding problems anymore.

After that experience, given the chance I never would visit Singapore Dentist anymore. I would go melaka to visit her.

Singapore Dentist is good, but she is better
Konnichiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #11
Supremacy Member

I went to Melaka and had my scaling and polishing done, actually I had my scaling and polishing done in Mar at Woodlands Polyclinic cost me any $50. Polyclinic was fast 15 mins and you are done.

Melaka Dentist is really meticulous, told her I had gum bleeding. She taught me how to floss correctly and use interdental brush to clean in between the teeth. After inspection she did root planning, total cost rm240, about $80 here. After following her advice, I don't have gum bleeding problems anymore.

After that experience, given the chance I never would visit Singapore Dentist anymore. I would go melaka to visit her.

Singapore Dentist is good, but she is better
How much is the tpt charges to and fro Malacca?
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #12

How much is the tpt charges to and fro Malacca?
We need to check our dental only twice a year. So it was a holiday cum dental trip. But my trip is really a Budget trip. If I go for only scaling and polishing it will cost only RM80-100.

I breakdown all the cost of going there, but my trip is really Budget trip. No luxury, but the Dentist I visit is really good. My rear tooth gum have been bleeding whenever I floss for years till I visit her.

Cost breakdown, all in RM
Bus from Larkin to Melaka 20
Melaka to Larkin 20
Hostel stay overnight at Melaka 50
Bus from Melaka Sentral to Hatten Hotel Area and back 4
Total RM100 excluding dental charges and food and beverage.

For Budget trip Sgd100=Rm300 can let u stay in Melaka one night plus 1 hr massage plus dental (only normal scaling and polish).
Konnichiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 12:00 AM   #13

Talking

We need to check our dental only twice a year. So it was a holiday cum dental trip. But my trip is really a Budget trip. If I go for only scaling and polishing it will cost only RM80-100.

I breakdown all the cost of going there, but my trip is really Budget trip. No luxury, but the Dentist I visit is really good. My rear tooth gum have been bleeding whenever I floss for years till I visit her.

Cost breakdown, all in RM
Bus from Larkin to Melaka 20
Melaka to Larkin 20
Hostel stay overnight at Melaka 50
Bus from Melaka Sentral to Hatten Hotel Area and back 4
Total RM100 excluding dental charges and food and beverage.

For Budget trip Sgd100=Rm300 can let u stay in Melaka one night plus 1 hr massage plus dental (only normal scaling and polish).

Have change new sterlised instruments in front of u?
sbn233y is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.