HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Evolve MMA pricing?

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #61

In the end I left there smiling and telling her. Sorry for all this I know I'm poor, poor enough to only be staying in terrac house .Guess what's her reply? She told me then you shouldnt be in this exquisite club. Joke that the women doesn't even have a single detail on singapore property market pricing
fonz231 likes this.
Ibunbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #62
eyz
Master Member

so??

you want her to hold your balls for you?
eyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #63
Master Member

Both parties at fault.

/thread
jokerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #64

offensive staff at evolve

In the end I left there smiling and telling her. Sorry for all this I know I'm poor, poor enough to only be staying in terrac house .Guess what's her reply? She told me then you shouldnt be in this exquisite club. Joke that the women doesn't even have a single detail on singapore property market pricing

Yeah I had bad customer service from them too.

I bought my jiu jitsu suit abroad but the security tag had not been removed.

Wearing the gi at evolve , I was told to go get the plastic security tag removed in case I could be injured.

The reception guy cut it out for me, but before cutting it out told me to stand by their computer. He then took picture of me with its webcam.

AND then said he would post my pic up on the internet saying I STOLE the uniform.

Needless to say I REFUSED to pay the remainder of my membership dues.

Then I called up the lady working there to complain about this she got defensive about what happened and she said that I still needed to pay the remaining months, I replied WHY SHOULD I?
fonz231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #65

Yeah I had bad customer service from them too.

I bought my jiu jitsu suit abroad but the security tag had not been removed.

Wearing the gi at evolve , I was told to go get the plastic security tag removed in case I could be injured.

The reception guy cut it out for me, but before cutting it out told me to stand by their computer. He then took picture of me with its webcam.

AND then said he would post my pic up on the internet saying I STOLE the uniform.

Needless to say I REFUSED to pay the remainder of my membership dues.

Then I called up the lady working there to complain about this she got defensive about what happened and she said that I still needed to pay the remaining months, I replied WHY SHOULD I?
I'm sorry but am I the only one who finds both of these stories highly unlikely? I train at Evolve and have nothing but positive things about the instructor team at Evolve, and their reputation is for being highly professional.

The reception guy "threatened" to post a picture of you on the internet??? That is very bizarre. Nonetheless, if true you have good reason to be offended.

Very surprised to hear these things about Evolve MMA. My interactions with them have all been positive.
Michael X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #66

I'm sorry but am I the only one who finds both of these stories highly unlikely? I train at Evolve and have nothing but positive things about the instructor team at Evolve, and their reputation is for being highly professional.

The reception guy "threatened" to post a picture of you on the internet??? That is very bizarre. Nonetheless, if true you have good reason to be offended.

Very surprised to hear these things about Evolve MMA. My interactions with them have all been positive.

Your comment comes off as sarcastic.

I hope you are not someone like rixusher.

The guy who posted on this forum earlier who later came out of the woodworks to explain that he in fact worked for EVOLVE.

IT would also help if you were not economical with the truth in your interpretation,
i.e interpreting it as you would like it to sound.

The full sentence should be:

The reception guy "threatened" to post a picture of you IN A JIU JITSU GI WITH THE SECURITY TAG ON THE SLEEVE on the internet???

You find it bizarre? Then you have to explain what or who is bizarre.

He took a picture of me with EVOLVEs computer, in the uniform as stated THEN said he would post it online! That is AFTER taking the picture.

The management at EVOLVE who I brought this up with OVER THE PHONE up never said sorry for this.

They were just defensive! AND tried to get me pay for the rest of my membership AFTER I told them that I would not be going back.
Old 25-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #67

IT would also help if you were not economical with the truth in your interpretation,

The reception guy "threatened" to post a picture of you IN A JIU JITSU GI WITH THE SECURITY TAG ON THE SLEEVE on the internet???

He took a picture of me with EVOLVEs computer, in the uniform as stated THEN said he would post it online! That is AFTER taking the picture.
what is truly bizarre about this story is that there would be a 'security tag' on a bjj gi. i've trained judo and bjj off and on since 2004, in places all around the world, and never once have i seen any kind of 'security tag' on a gi, including at evolve..
heliotropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #68

what is truly bizarre about this story is that there would be a 'security tag' on a bjj gi. i've trained judo and bjj off and on since 2004, in places all around the world, and never once have i seen any kind of 'security tag' on a gi, including at evolve..

As stated earlier the gi was bought abroad. Not at evolve.

Security tags are placed on clothes in the UK where this was bought and in Singapore too.

The purpose of this is to prevent theft .

Mine however had not been removed.

I do not mean to be condescending but you might want to check in a clothes store.
Ask the clerk if there are security tags on the clothes and take a good look.
kvltic likes this.
Old 26-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #69

Which means for your first registration u paid $828.36? which is all the amount that u mentioned add up.?

12 month adult membership is comprised of: (1)enrolment fee:$349 + (2)processing fee: ($99 +7%gst) so $105.93
+ (3)pro rata dues; being $373.43 (that is if you joined on the first day of the month).

then from the next month onwards monthly fees are $373.43 (gst @7% included)

They charged 99 dollars as a processing fee. Guess I had more dollars than cents to not have negotiated why it costs so much to process some papers.
Old 26-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #70

this story about your gi is ridiculous, man. tags on clothes beep when you walk out the door. you bought a gi in uk and it had a security tag on it? not only is that highly unlikely itself, but if it were true, the salesperson would have removed it after it beeped when you tried to leave the store in the uk. also evolve has their own gis with custom embroidery. why would they care if you had a gi that was obviously purchased elsewhere? its fiction.

it's curious that you've been a member since 2010 and this is the only thread you've ever commented on.
heliotropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #71
Arch-Supremacy Member

I've bought stuff overseas where the cashier forgot to remove the tag and it didn't beep when I went through the door.
fonz231 likes this.
lee_tired_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #72

Yup it has happened before. Bought from the store and they didn't take it off, had to go back and have them remove it.
fonz231 likes this.

HWZ lifting Stats

iherb code - SIH278
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #73

Your comment comes off as sarcastic.

I hope you are not someone like rixusher.

The guy who posted on this forum earlier who later came out of the woodworks to explain that he in fact worked for EVOLVE.

The management at EVOLVE who I brought this up with OVER THE PHONE up never said sorry for this.

They were just defensive! AND tried to get me pay for the rest of my membership AFTER I told them that I would not be going back.
Well, I wasn't there so I can't really fairly comment.

In your reply to me, you did mention something about the word "sarcastic", so I can assume you are familiar with this form of humor. Perhaps, just perhaps, the salesman at Evolve that threatened to put your picture on the internet was himself using sarcasm as an attempt at humor.

Either way, I think this is a dead topic. If you say it is so, than it must be.
Michael X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #74

this story about your gi is ridiculous, man. tags on clothes beep when you walk out the door. you bought a gi in uk and it had a security tag on it? not only is that highly unlikely itself, but if it were true, the salesperson would have removed it after it beeped when you tried to leave the store in the uk. also evolve has their own gis with custom embroidery. why would they care if you had a gi that was obviously purchased elsewhere? its fiction.

it's curious that you've been a member since 2010 and this is the only thread you've ever commented on.
this story about your gi is ridiculous, man. tags on clothes beep when you walk out the door.

This story about your gi is ridiculous, man. Tags on clothes beep when you walk out the door.

You bought a gi in the UK and it had a security tag on it? Not only is that highly unlikely itself, but if it were true, the salesperson would have removed it after it beeped when you tried?(poor word choice) to leave the store in the UK.

Also evolve has their own gis with custom embroidery. Why would they care if you had a gi that was obviously purchased elsewhere? Itīs/It is fiction.

FYI its, is a possessive pronoun. Google it.

Besides your grammar could you please try to improve your reading comprehension: I never wrote that they cared about me purchasing a gi elsewhere. Be so kind as to point out where you believe me to have.

Donīt take the corrections personally.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #75

Well, I wasn't there so I can't really fairly comment.

In your reply to me, you did mention something about the word "sarcastic", so I can assume you are familiar with this form of humor. Perhaps, just perhaps, the salesman at Evolve that threatened to put your picture on the internet was himself using sarcasm as an attempt at humor.

Either way, I think this is a dead topic. If you say it is so, than it must be.
A google search of the word sarcasm came up with:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit since its aim is to belittle or hurt someone, and to laugh at their expense; we associate the word 'cutting' with it.

I am sure you would agree that in Singapore this definition holds just as true as anywhere else in the world.

Given that you were not there you are right to say you cannot comment fairly.
I would also add that since you are confused as to the meaning of sarcasm you cannot comment fairly.

You wrote:

Perhaps, just perhaps, the salesman at Evolve that threatened to put your picture on the internet was himself using sarcasm as an attempt at humor.

Now, if you find teasing and bullying others humorous, and unfortunately this is my assumption, then I am saddened.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.