Exercise options during haze

koxinga

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I enjoy running and I would usually run outdoors at least twice a week. Not a gym person and only use it when I am working overseas from hotels.

Dun have any gym memberships here in Singapore. Are the gyms here open during the haze now and what are my options? Can't imagine just bumming around doing nothing at home if this lasts for month.:s13:

donald83

Master Member
Reaction score
Nowadays it is getting so bad that i can smell the haze even indoors.

lee_tired_sheep

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who is Donald? He say bad then bad meh? Can smell then can smell meh? People can say whatever they want online.

Jowa__

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not advisable. later neighbour complain. do something more quiet which doesnt require any jumping.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not advisable. later neighbour complain. do something more quiet which doesnt require any jumping.

lol, learn to land softly!
very important. soft landings = good = pain free knees.
remember to bend your knees and land on the balls of your feet.
when I first started skipping rope and burpees, my neighbour complained of my "boxing". but after practising, no such problem. plus i no longer get knee pain from p90 and insanity work outs.

edit;

also invest in a yoga mat or similar non-slip mat. will help to prevent the floor from getting slippery from your sweat and absorb some impact.

Last edited:

Metalsubzero

Reaction score
Actually hor, yoga mat also no good.. It does help against the floor getting slippery but it also turns sticky.. Maybe my mat chui..

Nowadays i just hiit on the floor without any mats.. Just utilise more space rather den stay in one spot.. Hahaha..

CarlFTC

Reaction score

lol i dun make much noise, if any, at all.

seeking opinions cos after burpee HIIT will still pant and gasp for breath though its indoor.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually hor, yoga mat also no good.. It does help against the floor getting slippery but it also turns sticky.. Maybe my mat chui..

Nowadays i just hiit on the floor without any mats.. Just utilise more space rather den stay in one spot.. Hahaha..

hahaha, yea, have to keep moving around looking for dry spot. I usually shuffle around on a floor cloth to clean as I go.

synapse

Master Member
Reaction score
surprised to hear of people doing jumping exercises at home.. i suppose no shoes right? is it easy ot land wrongly and get injured?

triface

Reaction score
Hm sorry to hijack the HIIT talk, but these few days the haze has subsided temporarily. Do you guys think it's okay to go running? I'm talking about something like 40-60ish PSI and PM2.5.

I run at 5am in the morning when the haze tends to be less severe than the rest of the day. Probably a stupid question, but do you think the smell of haze is a good test? I went running on Monday because the PM2.5 was 61 in my area and there wasn't any smell of haze.

:s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.