hungry after gym

Shubi-Dua

Banned
Reaction score
i usually workout after dinner

but after gyming, i feel hungry

shld i eat again or just fast till morning if not my gym effort wasted?

Dreamerific

Reaction score
Your muscles use up muscle glycogen to do work, after a workout, your muscle glycogen will be used and ideally you would want to replenish these glycogen stores from carbohydrates for quicker recovery. Your body will feel hungry to replenish glycogen.

If your workout frequency is high, it'll be wise to replenish your muscle glycogen after gym. If you're consuming sufficient calories throughout the day/week, it shouldn't be that big of a deal if you're not an elite athlete lol.

Why not just simply workout before dinner?

If you eat a full meal right before gym, most of your energy/blood will be directed to your stomach to digest the food, leading to sub-par performance.

Shubi-Dua

Banned
Reaction score
Your muscles use up muscle glycogen to do work, after a workout, your muscle glycogen will be used and ideally you would want to replenish these glycogen stores from carbohydrates for quicker recovery. Your body will feel hungry to replenish glycogen.

If your workout frequency is high, it'll be wise to replenish your muscle glycogen after gym. If you're consuming sufficient calories throughout the day/week, it shouldn't be that big of a deal if you're not an elite athlete lol.

Why not just simply workout before dinner?

If you eat a full meal right before gym, most of your energy/blood will be directed to your stomach to digest the food, leading to sub-par performance.

i reach the gym at about 9pm, so dinner at 11pm is out

no wonder i feel somehow subdue, cos i always eat before gym

galapogos

Reaction score
If you're concerned, just chug a protein shake after your workout and call it a day lor. PWO isn't actually that big a deal if your pre-workout is taken care of.

teckgamer

Reaction score
Don't eat heavy meal right before you sleep. At least 2 hours between last meal and sleeping. I've gotten acid reflux issue because of post work out meal followed by sleeping right away (less than an hour in between)

Shubi-Dua

Banned
Reaction score
If you're concerned, just chug a protein shake after your workout and call it a day lor. PWO isn't actually that big a deal if your pre-workout is taken care of.

i took protein shake after workout but still feel hungry:o

stanleyzrs85

Reaction score
A protein shake is great after a workout, especially at night. Eating a big meal right before going to sleep can cause sleep issues. Acid reflux or not being able to sleep.

soundman

Reaction score
For late workout, I usually have a whey protein shake and add in a scoop or 2 of the meal supplement powder like Herbalife with milk instead of water. Then I will snack on some almonds or banana. Usually this can be quite full for me but if you still feel hungry then I dont know how.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.