iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh Guardian Pharmacy's just did the online shopping thingy. It's free delivery above $20 or you can have them deliver to a branch which is convenient for you to do your pick up.

Guardian | Guardian Health & Beauty | Leading Health & Beauty chain in Singapore

Wow, that's quite a big change! $20 to qualify for free delivery instead of $120 - and I thought delivery personnel are low in supply.

I am very happy to see more businesses going the way of iHerb... free shipping for orders of $20 and up. :D

But Guardian like nothing much to buy liao leh? Medicine for when you have no strength to get out of the bed? (Would still be a problem answering the door though :s13:)

Duncerblur

Reaction score
I suspect you will get a better deal from iHerb. That packet is organic too! And there is free shipping this month!! :D

But do check those TCM shops out... no harm comparing prices. :)

Careful though - he shou wu/fo-ti is contraindicated with diarrhea. You can also consider getting a small bottle of capsules and just opening the capsules for the powder if you don't want to get such a big packet. E.g. Nature's Way, Fo-Ti Root, 610 mg, 100 Capsules - iHerb.com - I have it on good authority that this tastes delicious straight out of the capsule.

Try making "just enough" so there won't be leftovers. Fresh food usually tastes better hehe. :o

Good to know! Make note to add small amount of he shou wu.

Erhm, I do try to cook only for one but since I eat like a bird (small amounts but often), I usually have leftovers. Which works out so I can nibble on some small amount of leftovers so I can take my medicines. Like 3-4 times a day! Haha!

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's quite a big change! $20 to qualify for free delivery instead of $120 - and I thought delivery personnel are low in supply.

I am very happy to see more businesses going the way of iHerb... free shipping for orders of $20 and up. :D

But Guardian like nothing much to buy liao leh? Medicine for when you have no strength to get out of the bed? (Would still be a problem answering the door though :s13:)

I might not buy anything from Guardian but at least with the online store, I can compare prices from the comfort of my computer or home instead of popping into the store to do so. =:p

Duncerblur

Reaction score
Popeye Chicken

I think I tried this once a long time ago. No impression, which may be a good thing or a bad thing. LOL. But this promotions looks good.

20141106-2.jpg

Edit: I now remember why I have no impression of this chicken. I did not eat it! Hahaha, because it contains MSG. I must have just had drinks while my friends ate it. Explain the non-memory!

Last edited:

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I tried this once a long time ago. No impression, which may be a good thing or a bad thing. LOL. But this promotions looks good.

20141106-2.jpg

Yeah, it's definitely good. Save you the trouble of doing it yourself and having to clean up after.

The queue will certain be long and hopefully it's nothing compared to the H&M queue today. :s13:

I don't have a Popeye near my place but last year the Texas Chicken had an almost similar promo.

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I will try this next week hopefully if and when the kitchen is operational again. I will brave the medical hall to see if they sell the he shou wu powder.

Being on some rather heavy duty medication, I can't lose too much weight or my stomach & organs will suffer for it. Also can't put on too much weight or my joints will hurt more. Sigh. Vanity is the last consideration when you have other priorities. Haha, just whining because I am running out of leftovers to microwave. Subway, here I come!

one of those tt jealous at ur weight lost! hehe

anw, i love traditional medical hall!!! i oso not gd in ordering. so usually i just show them pics or point point lol. den tell them i want 1 person portion or little bit lol.
its alot cheaper at old tcm compared to eu yan seng or supermarket.

remind me the first time i bought pork at the wet market..
uncle asked me how heavy i want. i told him idk lols.
he asked how much i want. i also said idk.
in d end he gave up, and ask me how many ppl eat.

Duncerblur

Reaction score
one of those tt jealous at ur weight lost! hehe

anw, i love traditional medical hall!!! i oso not gd in ordering. so usually i just show them pics or point point lol. den tell them i want 1 person portion or little bit lol.
its alot cheaper at old tcm compared to eu yan seng or supermarket.

remind me the first time i bought pork at the wet market..
uncle asked me how heavy i want. i told him idk lols.
he asked how much i want. i also said idk.
in d end he gave up, and ask me how many ppl eat.

I remember asking a friend to write the names of the herbs in Chinese so I can flash it at the shopkeepers at the medical hall.

Eu Yan Seng is ridiculous! I remember paying $70 just for a week's supply of medicine sans consultation fee. They really worked (and they spoke English there) but are so, so expensive!

I like wet markets & can usually get by even if there are language barriers. I think when they see my hungry-looking eyes and drooling, they forgive the fact I have massacred their language.:s13:

yan.an

Master Member
Reaction score
Eu Yan Seng is ridiculous! I remember paying $70 just for a week's supply of medicine sans consultation fee. They really worked (and they spoke English there) but are so, so expensive!

You may want to try this place:
http://www.chunghwamedicalinstitution.com

Last edited:

Isabella_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember asking a friend to write the names of the herbs in Chinese so I can flash it at the shopkeepers at the medical hall.

I like wet markets & can usually get by even if there are language barriers. I think when they see my hungry-looking eyes and drooling, they forgive the fact I have massacred their language.:s13:

I used to visit ma kuang at bukit Merah. the doc there is gd. slightly cheaper than eu yan seng oso.

Duncerblur

Reaction score
I used to visit ma kuang at bukit Merah. the doc there is gd. slightly cheaper than eu yan seng oso.

I think everyone may be cheaper than Eu Yang Sang! LOL, I have been told off by my dr not to mix Western and Eastern medicines but she did say accupuncture was OK so I may check out yan.an's recommendation. Thank you both!

yan.an

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow, thank you so much! Is this place run like Analakshimi, where everyone is a volunteer and all proceeds goes back to the temple for the needy? Because the charges are amazingly affordable! I like it!:)

I'm not sure how they operate. They used to operate at changi general hospital too, but they have since moved out. I was there for their acupuncture but have not tried their Chinese medicine before. The acupunture session was ard $30 at cgh. But yes, they are affordable if you do not mind the longer waiting hours (an hour, perhaps).

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jK4uYEm.jpg

oe0dbhp.jpg

My peasant Chocolate Chips Bread. Don't ask me where the chips went - obviously the king took them. :s13:

ps - My Mum asked me why I always snap the side. She said I should do a frontal. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.