HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

Like Tree3448Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

yes. but on the flip side, some over-estimate the power of supplements and over-compensate in their calorie intake.

another danger is placing too much credit on supplements and not giving the effort you have put in the recognition it deserves.
Yup, I think that why on most dieting supplements, it is stated that it would work with proper diet and exercise.

Personally I feel that most of them actually just give you the placebo effect. It's like a challenge to yourself to take the first step to wanting to commit to a weight lost regime.

Of course like bella said, the acai berry in itself is an antioxidant so even if not for the weight lost part of it, it is still useful in one way or another.
eddy2099sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #32

yes. but on the flip side, some over-estimate the power of supplements and over-compensate in their calorie intake.

another danger is placing too much credit on supplements and not giving the effort you have put in the recognition it deserves.

related;Are dietary supplements working against you?
Being on long-term medication & a carefully-prescribed programme of required supplements, I can attest to the efficacy of supplements and on the flip-side, the dangers of them.

I am fortunate that my supplements programme is monitored & prescribed by my doctor as it makes it safer for my recovery. I dislike taking pills anyway but in the early days, I tried to hasten my recovery with additional supplements and the results were rather frightening.

While I am probably an extreme case, I think taking any supplements should require careful consideration & perhaps a discussion with your physician, just in case.

Luckily I like food so I try to cook & eat the food that can help me best, but again in moderation. So I enjoy putting food in my mouth ... *does happy dance & apologises to neighbourhood kids & dogs*

P/S. This daft of me but are beauty supplements & dietary supplements the same thing? Heh, I thought beauty supplements were supposed to make you ... well ... beautiful? Duh me.
eddy2099sg likes this.
Duncerblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #33

Are chewing gums from iherb banned???

I heard local pharmacies can sell them legally to anyone w/o prescription?
bryanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #34

Less Sugar at Ya Kun

This is a good idea, I think.

This is what their blurp states:

Life’s Sweeter With Less Sugar!

Practise healthy living by making small changes to your lifestyle! From 11 Oct 14 till 28 Feb 15, simply order a no/less sugar drink at selected Ya Kun outlets and stand to win shopping and dining vouchers!

So why wait? Live healthier and be rewarded. Promotion is valid at all Ya Kun outlets except Far East Square, Singapore Flyer, Singapore Poly and Takashimaya.
Eien_kisu and eddy2099sg like this.
Old 30-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

Being on long-term medication & a carefully-prescribed programme of required supplements, I can attest to the efficacy of supplements and on the flip-side, the dangers of them.

I am fortunate that my supplements programme is monitored & prescribed by my doctor as it makes it safer for my recovery. I dislike taking pills anyway but in the early days, I tried to hasten my recovery with additional supplements and the results were rather frightening.

While I am probably an extreme case, I think taking any supplements should require careful consideration & perhaps a discussion with your physician, just in case.

Luckily I like food so I try to cook & eat the food that can help me best, but again in moderation. So I enjoy putting food in my mouth ... *does happy dance & apologises to neighbourhood kids & dogs*

P/S. This daft of me but are beauty supplements & dietary supplements the same thing? Heh, I thought beauty supplements were supposed to make you ... well ... beautiful? Duh me.
I'm with you here.

Dietary Supplements are basically as what they are, they just add on to what we may be lacking in our diet. The best way of getting all the nutritional benefits is to just actually eating the food that supply them like in the good old days.

I guess with our busy schedule and diet requirements, we may not always get everything up to the level that our body requires and taking supplement should help in that way somewhat. But that said, they are not magic pills which once digested with cure our ailments or make us beautiful right away *flip hair*
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 30-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #36
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bought two pumpkins from giant this morning and now waiting to lure a squirrel to turn them into jack o lantern in time for Halloween tomorrow

I guess if the squirrels don't come, the pumpkins will make great desserts.

I weight them and they are over 2.35kg each. Larger than what they estimated and at $1.50 each is a great value.
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 30-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think it is safer not to buy chewing gums from iHerb just to be on the safe side unless you get the green light from our authorities first.

As for local pharmacies, I read that they will make you fill in a form when you want to purchase chewing gums but I am not sure if that is true as I have not done so myself.
bryanzzz likes this.
Old 30-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

Bought two pumpkins from giant this morning and now waiting to lure a squirrel to turn them into jack o lantern in time for Halloween tomorrow

I weight them and they are over 2.35kg each. Larger than what they estimated and at $1.50 each is a great value.
eddy!!! what u gonna do w these huge pumpkins???

I had creamy pumpkin soup in mind!!
Isabella_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #39

I think it is safer not to buy chewing gums from iHerb just to be on the safe side unless you get the green light from our authorities first.

As for local pharmacies, I read that they will make you fill in a form when you want to purchase chewing gums but I am not sure if that is true as I have not done so myself.
Yeap just to ditto, local pharma's do sell chewing gum. My friend bought it to try and reduce habit of smoking cigarettes.

Anyway since it sells locally, why go through the trouble to get it from iherb?
eddy2099sg likes this.
saha-med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #40

I'm buying one tomorrow but I would probably be limping home under the weight! LOL
eddy2099sg likes this.
Old 30-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm buying one tomorrow but I would probably be limping home under the weight! LOL
haa haa. hopefully the pumpkins will turn into a horse drawn carriage so you would not need to carry them home.
Duncerblur likes this.
Old 30-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

eddy!!! what u gonna do w these huge pumpkins???

I had creamy pumpkin soup in mind!!
I'm not sure yet. It's buy first and think what to do later with them. I've seen quite a lot of recipes which involves around pumpkins and might try them.

This look like a good yummy idea

xerref and Isabella_ like this.

Last edited by eddy2099sg; 30-10-2014 at 07:46 PM..
Old 30-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #43
Master Member

yea, totally agree. eg. yohimibe a popular weightloss drug which users have reported quite a few adverse side-effects to it.
Duncerblur likes this.

GET 25% off your first order @ MYPROTEIN.com Use code LEE-R3I7
xerref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #44
Master Member

The Food Lab: How to Make the Best Pumpkin Pizza | Serious Eats

9 Ways to Spice Up Your Pumpkin Seeds | Serious Eats
eddy2099sg and Isabella_ like this.

GET 25% off your first order @ MYPROTEIN.com Use code LEE-R3I7
xerref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #45

haa haa. hopefully the pumpkins will turn into a horse drawn carriage so you would not need to carry them home.
Hahaha, I always like Gus. I wanted to be him rather than Cinderella even as a kid. Who would probably end up eating the pumpkin on the way home because he got hungry & have less to carry!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.