iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Iherb is so sneaky. They cancelled an item in my cart which i was working on for so long.

2mcu3dk.jpg

I had it almost hitting that 14lbs limit and had to delay the purchase of some items and they removed it citing that they cannot find the item and now the package is ready to ship and i cannot cancel the order anymore. If i could, I would have added what i needed or buy a different brand. It's no longer the same iherb that I've come to love. Maybe cos I've not been buying from them for a while so they are giving me the cold shoulder.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How are such oat milk recipes oat milk? The result just seems to be sweetened oat water?

:s12:

Well, i guess the term milk is used to describe any white water with protein in it. It's something like calling soybeans water, soya bean milk or coconut pulp water as coconut milk.

Yes you are right, its just oat water. :)

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pr3EjV3.jpg

TpMX9o5.jpg

Peasant Sliced Almonds Cream Cheese Bread.

No you can't see the almonds. I only added 1/4 cup and they completely disappeared.

Wow! I'm so hungry now after looking at your bread. It really look delicious and atas in the bread box. :)

You really know how to put the sexy into peasant breads.

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Iherb is so sneaky. They cancelled an item in my cart which i was working on for so long.

2mcu3dk.jpg

I had it almost hitting that 14lbs limit and had to delay the purchase of some items and they removed it citing that they cannot find the item and now the package is ready to ship and i cannot cancel the order anymore. If i could, I would have added what i needed or buy a different brand. It's no longer the same iherb that I've come to love. Maybe cos I've not been buying from them for a while so they are giving me the cold shoulder.

This sneaky cancellation issue seems to be a peculiarly "eddy problem". :s8:

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This sneaky cancellation issue seems to be a peculiarly "eddy problem". :s8:

Yeah. I think this is my 3rd time this happened to me. They don't like me anymore.

I did write to them and suggested they let me modify or cancel the order so that I can add something else and the cso replied saying that I can just place another fresh order. Doh!

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think this is my 3rd time this happened to me. They don't like me anymore.

I did write to them and suggested they let me modify or cancel the order so that I can add something else and the cso replied saying that I can just place another fresh order. Doh!
Was that your virgin doh? Well done!

I think it is more a case of their system not being "high-tech" enough to amend your order directly. They have problem even updating websites properly so... but on the bright side, maybe they can't afford the IT gimmicks because the savings are passed on to consumers. I like that and I would rather take the better prices and discounts. :)

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was that your virgin doh? Well done!

I think it is more a case of their system not being "high-tech" enough to amend your order directly. They have problem even updating websites properly so... but on the bright side, maybe they can't afford the IT gimmicks because the savings are passed on to consumers. I like that and I would rather take the better prices and discounts. :)

I guess I'm more upset cos I didn't get to hit 14lbs this time rather than not having the tea. Will probably just finish all the tea I have and wait for the next tea offer or nothing.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just left the bedok food centre

2afz69u.jpg

The first two pics are of the old food centre and the rest taken from the new. The new one is a lot more spacious and cooler.

hcl_ching

Reaction score

Ask them if they will be waiving the shipping for the fresh order since they depraved u of ur right to add it to the current one!:vijayadmin:

hcl_ching

Reaction score
Breadtalk is certainly active with their promotions.

1656298_883210955056449_6427561593275819039_n.png

They say:
From now till the 30th November, you'll receive a Scratch & Win Card whenever you purchase a minimum of $6 worth of breads from us! You could be the lucky one to travel around the world by winning travel vouchers worth $5000! You know you wanna drop by soon, don't you? ~

$5000 can travel around the world??
Pls show me how!!
I'll go get my bags ready!

hcl_ching

Reaction score
pr3EjV3.jpg

TpMX9o5.jpg

Peasant Sliced Almonds Cream Cheese Bread.

No you can't see the almonds. I only added 1/4 cup and they completely disappeared.

The orange bread box doesn't do justice to your gorgeous bread!
Lacks color contrast.
Your neighbors r blessed! Free whiffs of bread aroma ever so often!

hcl_ching

Reaction score
@hcl_ching,

don't forget to keep a lookout for singpost shipping promos around the festive seasons..

maybe can consider this? Speedpost - Speedpost SaverPac Prepaid

the CSO at paya lebar and TPY are quite helpful IME.. ask them for advice if you have the time..

Thanks, Xerref :)
Won't be using Speedpost SaverPac since there's no urgency plus $85 is way too costly for me!
Will use airmail since I now know they do send things other than letters n documents! Lol, I must sound so sua ku :s13:

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask them if they will be waiving the shipping for the fresh order since they depraved u of ur right to add it to the current one!:vijayadmin:

I think i will leave the matter as it is. It wasn't a necessary item and probably i wouldn't order it the next time around.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ydLWRHT.jpg

air fryer sio bak!

doesnt look very nice, but taste pretty decent to me :D

Duncerblur

Reaction score
All the 4 Twinings I bought this round were chai. I only tried the 2 mentioned so far. Previously I also tried Twinings, Chai Tea, 25 Tea Bags, 1.76 oz (50 g)... nothing fantastic. The gunpowder loose tea was alright but there are easily other brands of same or better quality at lower price.

Best chais (not die die must try but quite decent) I have tried from iherb so far:
Yogi Tea, Chai Rooibos, Caffeine Free, 16 Tea Bags, 1.27 oz (36 g)
Bigelow, Vanilla Chai, 20 Tea Bags, 1.64 oz (46 g)
Good Earth Teas, Chai Tea, Sweet Chai of Mine, 18 Tea Bags (initially I hated this because of the stevia but after adding condensed milk, it is not bad and kinda addictive for some reason)

Thanks! Sounds like eddy2099sg & you are right, I should just stick to making my own chai with the spices & teas I get from Mustafa. LOL. Just tempted by the tea offer at iHerb.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pic from morning run

1QmNd7R.png

Despite the dry weather, the trail was surprisingly muddy.. green corridor.. more like brown corridor :/

q0jL11p.jpg

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha i want to try oso. haven tried the air fryer w pork belly yet
is the skin crispy?

Yes! doesn't look like it in the pic, but i assure u it is :)

Must make sure its dried thoroughly after blanching...
https://bakecooklove.wordpress.com/2012/09/01/air-fried-crispy-roast-pork/ <<- used this recipe.. I undercooked it by 10mins though.. my mom said it looked burnt and I was afraid it come out too dry :( luckily it still came out ok! lesson learnt! be confident of your own cooking and the recipe you choose :s13:

Has anyone tried this store?
Anthonythespicemaker - you'll love it!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.