Lasik eye Surgery

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
Epilasik. Did around 2 yrs ago. At Eagle eye center by Dr Julian theng.

Quite sore eyes the following day and it lasted for about 3 days! :'(
Left eye not so bad, just felt achy, but right eye stung as if got soapy water in it. Cannot do anything involving eyes properly, ended up slept for 3 days. Is like that one, epi-lasik needs longer recovery time.

On the bright side, after 3 days, everything was rosy again, I think I even went to gym on 5th day for light workout, but remained quite light sensitive for a week or more I think.

Unlike normal lasik, my vision immediately after epi-lasik was blurrish and stayed that way for a few weeks afterwards. but its still good enough that I have no problems working on the computer with the screen over 30cm away though. Just that cannot see far off bus numbers.

After even more weeks, sight got sharper and sharper very fast, very quickly culminated with near perfect vision. Strangely enough, my right eye which had hurt the most became 0 myopia, but got ~25 degrees astig. Whereas my left eye has around 25 myopia, but zero astig. No complications after that, other than slightly dry eyes in the morning. No regression either :)

I think my initial myopia was 950 in left eye, 1050 in right eye. Astig was 150+ for each eye.

To reduce risk of scarring, must use Mitomycin C. I specifically told my doc to use it. Costs a bit extra only.

rei_majimaz

Reaction score
Wo, epi lasik like better sia. okiez, i go assessment for epi lasik as well. Wat's e total damage for epi lasik ? Went lasik assessment today, Doc say my cornea a bit thin but still very safe to do lasik sia.

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun expect my good outcome to be the norm for epilasik. Both got its own unique risks, both got pros and cons, both can need extra correction after the 1st operation, and both can have regression.
The main difference is only normal lasik will create a flap which becomes a permanent new feature on your eyeball, thus... murphy's law. And of course your corneal strength is overall weaker compared to if you did epi-lasik.

rei_majimaz

Reaction score
I think i go for epi lasik assessment on monday & decide accordingly. Cos my cornea is like 500+ for both eyes, quite thin, thou lasik doc says its safe. lol , thanks bro crandfs!

Yxy

Master Member
Reaction score
mine was around 800 for both eyes, 200-300 astig
no problems whatsoever. just FYI

I think i go for epi lasik assessment on monday & decide accordingly. Cos my cornea is like 500+ for both eyes, quite thin, thou lasik doc says its safe. lol , thanks bro crandfs!

rei_majimaz

Reaction score
Oh, okiez. I went for both lasik & epi lasik pre assessment liao. But my degree & asti measured like different at each clinic sia. Anyw, I leaning more towards epi lasik thou its is pricer by 400 bucks. Btw, any good sunglasses to recomend wearing after e surgery?? dun know to get polarized or those transition lenses better.

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun have to get oakleys or raybans or chanel or guess etc shades. Simple ones from isetan or hushpuppies will work quite well at a fraction of the cost.
Welcome to the club!!

Yxy

Master Member
Reaction score
need meh? i two days rest go back work liao ,never buy any glasses or shades

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun need polarized, but if its cheap, why not? I feel transition lenses is overkill lah, just dark sunglasses can already.
I would also recommend you dun drive to your operation, and try to wear swimming goggles if you are doing anything like washing your dog, showering, and going into dusty areas. Epi-lasik will totally expose the ablated region of your corneas once the doctor removes the protective lenses after the 1st 3 days, so do take care.

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, not that extreme lah.. I still washed my face, but I did try to avoid the eye area and I squinted really hard all the way from soaping my face, showering the foam away, and finally drying my face.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.