HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lasik eye Surgery

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
Master Member

Flowerpod has a lot of threads discussing the various lasik places. Go look around in the Eye subforum
crandfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #17

yea, i also want to know the best price, maybe go for consultation first.
Its very subjective la i find. You go to NUH eye centre for consultation of course they say theirs is the cheapest , if you go Paragon LSC , they say the same thing.... i found out one eye centre, maybe Shinagawa could be a better choice? Anyone got expierence going there?

BTw, since Lasik is a new technique (since 1997), there is no garantee that complications will not appear when you age..etc: Im now 22, i do lasik ..later when im 55-65, my eyes developed Mangankyo Sharingan how? I don't want to fall in to darkness le during my golden years >_<
Rex217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #18
Greater Supremacy Member

Its very subjective la i find. You go to NUH eye centre for consultation of course they say theirs is the cheapest , if you go Paragon LSC , they say the same thing.... i found out one eye centre, maybe Shinagawa could be a better choice? Anyone got expierence going there?

BTw, since Lasik is a new technique (since 1997), there is no garantee that complications will not appear when you age..etc: Im now 22, i do lasik ..later when im 55-65, my eyes developed Mangankyo Sharingan how? I don't want to fall in to darkness le during my golden years >_<
then wait for someone who have done Lasik and aged then we see how lo.

.--- -- --. Bugis Beatles | Samalongkok FC
kampong boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #19
Yxy
Master Member

when u're 55, they would have invented bionic eyes liao, just do a replace lor
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #20
High Supremacy Member

I just did mine last week at the Lasik Surgery Clinic as well.

My degree is rather high, 700+ plus another like 175 astig. So I took the intralase wavefront.

Did on day 1. Day 2 evening can drive for follow up. Day 3 can go back to work. Eye sight was close to 6/6 on the second day and for my degree, considered very good.

No regrets. Thos who wear high power specs, you will realise you tend to get headaches. No more. Finally I can get through the day w/o headaches. You sleep better, think better and function better. And because there is less strain on your eyes, looking at computer screens no longer hurts.

Worth every cent.
TopGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #21
Yxy
Master Member

mine was around 800 L/R, 200+/300 astig
go back review beo the chio staff, very shiok

I just did mine last week at the Lasik Surgery Clinic as well.

My degree is rather high, 700+ plus another like 175 astig. So I took the intralase wavefront.

Did on day 1. Day 2 evening can drive for follow up. Day 3 can go back to work. Eye sight was close to 6/6 on the second day and for my degree, considered very good.

No regrets. Thos who wear high power specs, you will realise you tend to get headaches. No more. Finally I can get through the day w/o headaches. You sleep better, think better and function better. And because there is less strain on your eyes, looking at computer screens no longer hurts.

Worth every cent.
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #22
Greater Supremacy Member

everything look so good ar? only downside is the moola. rly ar?

Old 19-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #23
High Supremacy Member

mine was around 800 L/R, 200+/300 astig
go back review beo the chio staff, very shiok
Haaa. They are quite pleasant.

Good. Best investment I made.

I can't imagine through the day without feeling tired or having a headache.

Now its like I am given a second life wooooooo.

Thinking back at all the dumb decisions I made, things I said when I am tired... really.... should had done this long ago.
Old 20-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #24
Greater Supremacy Member

Haaa. They are quite pleasant.

Good. Best investment I made.

I can't imagine through the day without feeling tired or having a headache.

Now its like I am given a second life wooooooo.

Thinking back at all the dumb decisions I made, things I said when I am tired... really.... should had done this long ago.
what are the possibility that someone might have complications when taking the surgery?

Old 20-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

everything look so good ar? only downside is the moola. rly ar?
Please do some research before asking. There are downside to it. For one, eye dryness is one of the issue. If your eyes are too dry, they won't even do it for you. Another downside is your night vision might be slightly affected. But its a rather safe surgery on the whole.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #26
Greater Supremacy Member

Please do some research before asking. There are downside to it. For one, eye dryness is one of the issue. If your eyes are too dry, they won't even do it for you. Another downside is your night vision might be slightly affected. But its a rather safe surgery on the whole.
i am going for the talk-cum-Q&A this thursday and i if i do research, i dont think i need to ask any more. i go for the Q&A to ask questions, and the doc cant be telling me you go do research first, who's the surgeon here, me or you?

Old 20-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

what are the possibility that someone might have complications when taking the surgery?
Well I do not have the statistics for that.

Like all medical procedure, there is a risk involved. But of course not to the extent of like 50% between living or brain damage sort of risk.

I was told (I recall) there is a 3-5% risk of a need for enchancement for my degree. Is this high? It may look low but you might just be the 1 out of 100. Will you take the risk? This is your call.
Old 21-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

well, after the operation everything is much simpler much easier you feel better, lots of people can vouch for that. feel like going too. hm anybody care to share the cheapest price? hahax.
L2oyd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #29
High Supremacy Member

This kind of thing cannot save $$.

Got for the most suitable procedure, not the cheapest.
Old 21-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #30

I know that one of the downside is the night vision maybe affected... but affected as in what aspect??? currently anyone encounter before?
LonerZm is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.