Lasik eye Surgery

wanderlustz

Reaction score
I did Lasek. After taking out my bandage contact lens, vision starts to clear up on the 10th day. However, my vision is still fluctuating and this can go on for up to 2 months. It depends on how fast your eye heals.

My vision is still blurry, I don't feel that it's improving.... However I don't think calling up the clinic will help in anything. Even looking at my phone and computer screen is blurry. Any chances that my vision will be like this in the long term?

Rknight

Master Member
Reaction score
My vision is still blurry, I don't feel that it's improving.... However I don't think calling up the clinic will help in anything. Even looking at my phone and computer screen is blurry. Any chances that my vision will be like this in the long term?

Which lasik you did ? And which eye has the blurry vision ?

xavierica

Reaction score
Has been 2 weeks since I did Epi-Lasik + Cornea Cross Linking @ EEC by Julian Theng. Vision has been blurry ever since. Have noted that my vision got more blur after taking out the bandage lens and till now it has not gotten better. I have called the clinic to enquire about my vision. However, they said that it is normal for my vision to be blurry and still fluctuate as it's only my 2nd week, everything is normal. However, I don't feel that my vision is fluctuating... in fact it's either blur or super blur. Am quite worried that my vision will not get better. Anyone has the same encounter as me?
I did trans-prk + cross linking at clearvision which is similar to yours. During my first 2-3 weeks blurry vision is normal as the epithelium layer needs more time to recover. One of the draw back of no-flap method is longer recovery. Now I'm 2 months in and my vision is 6/6.

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00A using GAGT

wanderlustz

Reaction score
I did trans-prk + cross linking at clearvision which is similar to yours. During my first 2-3 weeks blurry vision is normal as the epithelium*layer needs more time to recover. One of the draw back of no-flap method is longer recovery. Now I'm 2 months in and my vision is 6/6.

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00A using GAGT

Is your vision during the first 3 weeks blur throughout? Or do you have times where your vision is clear. My vision has been very blur throughout this 2.5 weeks.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Epi-lasik + cornea cross linking. Both eyes are very blur. Even looking at my phone screen and laptop is blur.

It's perfectly normal. Give it 2 months. If by the end of 2 months it's still blur means something is wrong. What are the meds prescribed for you currently?

notorand

Reaction score
Has been 2 weeks since I did Epi-Lasik + Cornea Cross Linking @ EEC by Julian Theng. Vision has been blurry ever since. Have noted that my vision got more blur after taking out the bandage lens and till now it has not gotten better. I have called the clinic to enquire about my vision. However, they said that it is normal for my vision to be blurry and still fluctuate as it's only my 2nd week, everything is normal. However, I don't feel that my vision is fluctuating... in fact it's either blur or super blur. Am quite worried that my vision will not get better. Anyone has the same encounter as me?
Mine is lasik and left eye took like 12 days to see some form of clarity that is sufficient, suffered from extreme ghosting. It just cleared up suddenly on Day 12 but some residual ghosting of 2-3 overlapping images.

Right now it is 3 weeks exact and my left eye still stays as it was in Day 12. Still waiting for the ghosting to completely disappear.

Spam the eye drops.

Sent from Motorola MOTO G (4) using GAGT

Rknight

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine is lasik and left eye took like 12 days to see some form of clarity that is sufficient, suffered from extreme ghosting. It just cleared up suddenly on Day 12 but some residual ghosting of 2-3 overlapping images.

Right now it is 3 weeks exact and my left eye still stays as it was in Day 12. Still waiting for the ghosting to completely disappear.

Spam the eye drops.

What was your degrees when you took the lasik ?

wanderlustz

Reaction score
It's perfectly normal. Give it 2 months. If by the end of 2 months it's still blur means something is wrong. What are the meds prescribed for you currently?

The eye pressure drops, duratears ointment, and Tobradex. I still use lubricating eye drops regularly. I am just worried because I don't remember my vision being so blur when the bandage lens was on. It seems like my vision is deteriorating as time passes by.

Last edited:

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
The eye pressure drops, duratears ointment, and Tobradex. I still use lubricating eye drops regularly. I am just worried because I don't remember my vision being so blur when the bandage lens was on. It seems like my vision is deteriorating as time passes by.

I read something in an online forum of the patients who went for Lasek/epi Lasik/prk. Most patients experience reporting are different. Some can see clearly before removing BCL and after removing, it was blur for weeks and only start improving from 2nd month. Another reports vision starts to improve after removing BCL and achieve perfect vision after 1 month. Subsequently, the vision fluctuates. As I have said earlier, you have to be patient. It's still in the early stage and your eyes are still healing.

Rknight

Master Member
Reaction score
I read something in an online forum of the patients who went for Lasek/epi Lasik/prk. Most patients experience reporting are different. Some can see clearly before removing BCL and after removing, it was blur for weeks and only start improving from 2nd month. Another reports vision starts to improve after removing BCL and achieve perfect vision after 1 month. Subsequently, the vision fluctuates. As I have said earlier, you have to be patient. It's still in the early stage and your eyes are still healing.

I have a few friends who did epi lasik and experienced more time to recover. But i thought femto lasik is more commonly used in NEC ? It recovered faster as well , but why is it not recommended ?

notorand

Reaction score
What was your degrees when you took the lasik ?
Mine was 200+ with 75 astig.
Complication was loose cornea skin. Just some slight stuff like that and it affected my vision till now. Cannot imagine those with other complications. Actually i read that epilasik might be better for me cause it will make my cornea skin regrow again. But I think Relax Smile is the best sofar. Damn regret never choose this option.

Rknight

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine was 200+ with 75 astig.
Complication was loose cornea skin. Just some slight stuff like that and it affected my vision till now. Cannot imagine those with other complications. Actually i read that epilasik might be better for me cause it will make my cornea skin regrow again. But I think Relax Smile is the best sofar. Damn regret never choose this option.

Did the doctor offered any follow up treatment or ask you to wait for the eyes to heal ? Loose cornea is actually quite rare, can I ask which clinic and which doctor you got it done at ?

Last edited:

KYLee

Reaction score
Guys need some opinion, just did my pre-lasik evaluation at clear vision. Turns out my cornea is on the thin side of 506 microns for both eyes. And since I have rather high astigmatism (250), was told by Dr tony ho that I will need to do the procedure with the extra cross linking surgery. Which adds 1.2k in additional to the 3.6k charge for trans prk.

I asked what happens if I choose to do without the cross linking (as I find 1.2k for just some vitamin eye drop and Uv light exposure kinda ridiculous), and he say he will not do it and is confident no other lasik clinic will do the procedure for me. He is confident of correcting my myopia (400 both eyes) and astigmatism fully though. However, enhancement will not be possible.

Should I go for a 2nd clinic evaluation to get another option? Anyone here has a similar situation as me?

notorand

Reaction score
Guys need some opinion, just did my pre-lasik evaluation at clear vision. Turns out my cornea is on the thin side of 506 microns for both eyes. And since I have rather high astigmatism (250), was told by Dr tony ho that I will need to do the procedure with the extra cross linking surgery. Which adds 1.2k in additional to the 3.6k charge for trans prk.

I asked what happens if I choose to do without the cross linking (as I find 1.2k for just some vitamin eye drop and Uv light exposure kinda ridiculous), and he say he will not do it and is confident no other lasik clinic will do the procedure for me. He is confident of correcting my myopia (400 both eyes) and astigmatism fully though. However, enhancement will not be possible.

Should I go for a 2nd clinic evaluation to get another option? Anyone here has a similar situation as me?
Get second opinion. For that cost you might as well get Relax Smile. Go SNEC for second opinion
Did the doctor offered any follow up treatment or ask you to wait for the eyes to heal ? Loose cornea is actually quite rare, can I ask which clinic and which doctor you got it done at ?
It is not loose cornea but loose cornea skin. Done at EEC by Julian Thang. Follow up by Harold Choi ask me wait it out for 1 month and see. I am thinking if 1.5 months later no improvement I will go SNEC for second opinion

wanderlustz

Reaction score

I was in the same situation as you. My cornea was not only thin but steep as well, and my astig is 200 over for both eyes. I went ahead with cornea cross link as I do not dare to risk anything (eyes r very impt!). I did epi-lasik and cross link @ EEC by Julian Theng.

outernet

Reaction score
Has anyone had over 1200 degree myopia per eye and managed to get full correction (ie achieve 20/20 vision) after doing lasik?

OkumaMakaira

Reaction score

Go to Eagle Eye Centre and consult Dr Julian Theng. You won't regret. Very good doctor

OkumaMakaira

Reaction score

Hello, don't worry you are in good hands. I did Epi-Lasik 8 years ago under Dr Julian too. Took me 3 months to fully recover and get 6/4.5 vision for both eyes. During these 3 months my vision fluctuated a lot, sometimes it becomes damn clear, sometimes blur. Basically all these things that are happening to you are side effects of Epi-Lasik. It varies for individuals. I have friends whose eyes hurt like hell for the first 2 days but they get perfect vision in 1 week. One friend of mine didn't experience pain or discomfort at all and got perfect vision in 2 weeks. So chill man, everything will be fine for you. Cheers!:)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.