Lasik eye Surgery

HCS_HCS

Reaction score
Probably wait till the 3rd month to determine if the vision is still clear or not. For now, 1mth post surgery is still in recovering stage. After 6mth post surgery, the vision is more or less fixed/stablised.

I’m now 11mth post surgery, and i’m not satisfied with the results and suggestions given by EEC.

Mine was done at EEC and next Monday is my one month review.
I feel that my eyesight isn't as clear as it shld be nowadays, compared to wearing specs. Hope it's just temporary.

Sent from RCP using GAGT

Winry~

Master Member
Reaction score
Probably wait till the 3rd month to determine if the vision is still clear or not. For now, 1mth post surgery is still in recovering stage. After 6mth post surgery, the vision is more or less fixed/stablised.

I’m now 11mth post surgery, and i’m not satisfied with the results and suggestions given by EEC.
Icic. I feel normal, alrdy shower as per normal etc, just that sometimes when dripping the eye drop med will feel pain..

Sent from RCP using GAGT

bbbbbw

Reaction score
Why don’t go for ICL?
Julian Theng did my ICL and it’s still perfect since 2012

itedino

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
11th mth post surgery updates: Went to EEC for a consultation as I felt that my eyesight has not improved, and the side effects (Halo and Glare) still bother me in low-light environment.

EEC staff told me that Dr Julian is fully packed till Feb 2018, and had scheduled me with Dr Stephen instead. Subsequently, it was changed to Dr Lynn on the appointment day.

So I went through the eyesight tests (Oculyzer & Refraction), and found out that my left eye’s myopia had increased another 25 degrees, now +0.75 with astigmatism -0.50. Right eye still remains the same with astigmatism -0.25.

Dr Lynn didn’t give me a concrete solution, and told me that there is nothing more to do on this “slight” variations in Lasik surgery. I suppose no enhancement/corrective surgery is needed.

I was then re-scheduled with Dr Julian on the next appointment, as ultimately I’m his patient and Dr Lynn would need to seek his advise on this matter.

Came to my surprise that Dr Julian is available in early Jan 2018, not Feb 2018 as informed by EEC staff previously.

I hope for the best that Dr Julian can give me a solution to my problem.

Do think twice before make a choice for Lasik surgery. If not, you might be unfortunate and gonna live with this “slight” variation problem permanently just like me.

Can do lcl mean u have cataract. They change a new lense for u. 100% clear

notorand

Reaction score
having a similar situation as you now.

went for lasik 2 weeks back at EEC under Dr Theng (about 600 each both eyes myopia and 200 astig). from 3rd day onwards, sight has remained about the same (6/6 and 6/7.5) but the 6/6 is fuzzy and blur, not sharp almost as it you are guessing the letter rather than seeing it.

i doubt my sight is going to improve much. driving and looking far is quite annoying because what used to be clear with specs is now blurry. will wait for another 2 weeks then speak to Dr Choi (like you said, Dr Theng is busy till late Jan) to see if i belong to the minority that requires an enhancement.

if you are rich enough, you might want to consider a second opinion at Jerry Tan cos i read this while i was googling around - http://www.jerrytaneyesurgery.com/lasik-complications

i'm not trying to scare the rest into not doing LASIK, in fact i spoke to alot of friends who have done it like about 8-10 and all of them (yes all of them) said LASIK was one of the best things that ever happened to them. that's why i took the plunge even though i quite old liao, didn't know i so unlucky lol
Actually mine also same situation. At night there are multiple images and I am not sure if it is astig or something else. I am quite disappointed with the EEC Julian Thang service level as he is not quite keen on finding out the problem and more on the side of convincing me there is no problems.

I wont be going back there anymore. If needed I will go for second opinion with another doctor.

Sent from Motorola MOTO G (4) using GAGT

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to those Lasik Forum talk?

Shinagawa is hosting one next week, thinking of registering to learn more bout it.

HCS_HCS

Reaction score
You’re right. Dr Julian wasn’t keen in fixing the problem and rushed the consultion time with some unconcerned remarks that there is nothing more to do.

I felt that I’m just a customer that paid for a surgery that wasn’t ideal or gone bad. Consultion with him was probably a waste of time and money.

I will probably seek for a second opinion with another doctor, not from EEC.

Actually mine also same situation. At night there are multiple images and I am not sure if it is astig or something else. I am quite disappointed with the EEC Julian Thang service level as he is not quite keen on finding out the problem and more on the side of convincing me there is no problems.

I wont be going back there anymore. If needed I will go for second opinion with another doctor.

Sent from Motorola MOTO G (4) using GAGT

OKCANN

Reaction score
Im planning to do my lasik next week, my sister did hers at EEC with Dr Theng but looking at all the comments looks like EEC is not doing a good job.... any other recommendations? Is it possible to do consultation and surgery on the same day? Please advise bros and sis

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Im planning to do my lasik next week, my sister did hers at EEC with Dr Theng but looking at all the comments looks like EEC is not doing a good job.... any other recommendations? Is it possible to do consultation and surgery on the same day? Please advise bros and sis

Perhaps you can try SNEC. I did mine at SNEC. Consultation and surgery on different dates. SNEC don't do consultation and surgery on same day because eyes will be dilated during assessment. So your vision will be slightly blurred for hours.

OKCANN

Reaction score
How about what kind of lasik op to go for? I heard that the new ReflexSmile is the one to go for and not much complications? from my homework i see that its usually 1.5-2k more then traditional lasik

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
For SNEC, the doctor will recommend the most suitable surgery after the assessment. I wanted to do Lasik but because of my thin cornea, I did Lasek instead.

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For SNEC, the doctor will recommend the most suitable surgery after the assessment. I wanted to do Lasik but because of my thin cornea, I did Lasek instead.

How long since your ops? Everything going fine for u?

im going to Shinagawa for assessment today

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long since your ops? Everything going fine for u?

im going to Shinagawa for assessment today

Just done assessment, both of my corneas are avg and is a suitable candidate for the intralase method. Eyes are still dialted, i wear specs cannot see anything near. Nv wear can see...lol

Winry~

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the standard really not there for EEC. I'm about to open a new bottle of eyedrop (TobraDex) since i finished mu current one and realised that the new bottle is actually an open/used one! Zzz how ah? I don't think is very hygienic to use..

Sent from RCP using GAGT

sophyeo

Reaction score
It's been 5 years since Julian Theng did my ICL and I very happy with the results

Do you mind sharing your ICL experience? Dr Julian Theng also recommended this procedure for me, but am worried about potential side effects. Not a lot of information online regarding this...

J3333

Reaction score
Anyone did intralase with addon crosslinking? Can share more info

Doc advise me to take crosslinking as i have high esti about 400 per eye.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.