Old 20-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #1142
Master Member

cant decide. Relex Smile with SNEC or TransPRK with CV. Help please
Did you finally decide on one?
Care to share your experience?
Cometdevil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #1143

hi yall,

I'm considering between epilasik @ EEC & transPKR @ Clearvision, though i think im a bit more inclined towards transPKR.

read a lot of good recommendation on Dr Theng. Wanna know if anyone has first hand exp with clearvision, and which doc? I googled for reviews and all of them are sponsored post, which I don't trust.

TIA!
veryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #1144

Will your vision degrade after lasik in a few years?
ravekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 02:38 PM   #1145

My colleague did her lasik a few years back. She is trying to persuade me to go for one. But I seriously think that unless you are able to take good care of your eyesight (not lying down to play iPhone/read etc), it defeats the purpose as short sightedness will recur?
SPTan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #1146

Today is my 3 month graduation. Right eyes is 6/6 while the left eye is 6.75

I guess no major cause of concern right? I still have like 15 astigmatism on my left eye. As usual, Dr Theng says he won't do any correction as there isn't a need to.
Michi_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #1147
Master Member

Did epi lasik by Dr Julian Theng last thu, they were surprised that on the 2nd day, my eyes can open fully, can see quite well and i look as tho i have never did the lasik. Tho i did experience the burning sensation during the first few days and i did eat the painkiller twice.

I know the eyesight will fluctuate but currently it seem to deteriorate as compared to first and second day. Like blur, can't focus, not sharp, for both far and near (eg. looking at phone). Why like that =(

Just now went for IPL, won't affect right?

Sent from RCP using GAGT

Last edited by Winry~; 03-10-2017 at 06:08 PM..
Winry~ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #1148

Did epi lasik by Dr Julian Theng last thu, they were surprised that my eyes can open fully, can see quite well and i look as tho i have never did the lasik. Tho i did experience the burning sensation once during the first few days and i did eat the painkiller twice.

I know the eyesight will fluctuate but currently it seem to deteriorate as compared to first and second day. Like blur, can't focus, not sharp, for both far and near (eg. looking at phone). Why like that =(

Sent from RCP using GAGT
Which procedure? I did Lasek at SNEC about 3 months back. I remembered during the fourth or fifth day, vision was so blur, even up close. Its normal.
mudxblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #1149
Master Member

Which procedure? I did Lasek at SNEC about 3 months back. I remembered during the fourth or fifth day, vision was so blur, even up close. Its normal.
Epi lasik and cross linking at EEC

Phew, thanks for reassuring

Sent from RCP using GAGT

Last edited by Winry~; 03-10-2017 at 06:13 PM..
Old 03-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #1150

Did epi lasik by Dr Julian Theng last thu, they were surprised that on the 2nd day, my eyes can open fully, can see quite well and i look as tho i have never did the lasik. Tho i did experience the burning sensation during the first few days and i did eat the painkiller twice.

Sent from RCP using GAGT
Perfectly normal. The first few days I rem I dun even feel like opening my eyes, just wanna slp
Old 04-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #1151
Master Member

Perfectly normal. The first few days I rem I dun even feel like opening my eyes, just wanna slp
Hahas, wanna slp yea but for me i still went out hehe

Thanks for reassuring

Sent from RCP using GAGT
Old 06-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #1152

hi all,

i finally did my lasik with snec after 3month of waiting (due to prolong wearing contact lens, need time to heal the eye ball)

the procedure was fast, like within 30min and im out of the clinic already

1st day,right after the lasik is done, can see clearly with min blur vision,am still confident in driving myself back (but didnt do so, cos wife is with me)

2-3 hr after the lasik,the burning sensation came in,eye totally cannot open.
tears keep auto roll out. force myself to sleep.
right after i woke up at about evening time, everything was good
i can see thing clearing, no blur image.

day 2, i can do thing normally already, can go work, can drive, need not wear sunglasses dun even feel any irritation at all.

till now (5days after doing lasik) all is good, enjoying my brand new eye sight.

on a sidenote,i think snec is much cheaper compare to others
Honda91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #1153

Just calculated my total cost for the whole epi-lasik including review, med, eye drop and whatever.

Total spent $4006.60

I think consider quite cheap bah
Old 09-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #1154

My colleague did her lasik a few years back. She is trying to persuade me to go for one. But I seriously think that unless you are able to take good care of your eyesight (not lying down to play iPhone/read etc), it defeats the purpose as short sightedness will recur?
i think lying down read/ use phone or in dark use phone causing short-sightedness is a myth. it will strain ur eyes,but wont cause short sightedness..there are people that dont do that and still get short-sightedness and still increase every year and need new specs.. there are people who use phone in dark, close to eyes every night and dont get short sightedness. but definitely straining ur eyes is not a good thing laa

Last edited by divasion; 09-10-2017 at 04:16 PM..
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #1155

i think lying down read/ use phone or in dark use phone causing short-sightedness is a myth. it will strain ur eyes,but wont cause short sightedness..there are people that dont do that and still get short-sightedness and still increase every year and need new specs.. there are people who use phone in dark, close to eyes every night and dont get short sightedness. but definitely straining ur eyes is not a good thing laa
i just attended the w eye clinic’s lasik talk by dr gerad nah.he said lifestyle has nothing to do with myopia for adults

any review of lasik done by dr gerah nah from w eye clinic?
luvenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.