Muscle soreness

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i just started weight lifting and realized that after each workout my muscles tend to sore for quite some time probably about a week. Thus I can only gym like once a week currently.
Is this normal for newbie and will it get better over time?
Or do I need to decrease the intensity and duration of the workout.
I’m doing around 5-6 different exercises for one muscle group, with each exercise I doing about 4 sets each with 10 reps.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
as u just started, body is getting used to it and adjusting to it. try alternate day workout and slowly condition the body.
don't strain or overdo

same results when i do running. as i don't do it on a very regular basis, once a while, aches do happen. so if the day after running i get aches, i do brisk walking

galapogos

Reaction score
It's understandable that you'd get sore if you've just started working out. Decrease your intensity/volume, start slow, but more frequently. Your first few workouts should feel very easy when you're doing them. Focus on learning proper form and drilling them into your movements rather than weight on the bar.

Once a week isn't frequent enough to let your body acclimatize to the program.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i just started weight lifting and realized that after each workout my muscles tend to sore for quite some time probably about a week. Thus I can only gym like once a week currently.
I’m doing around 5-6 different exercises for one muscle group, with each exercise I doing about 4 sets each with 10 reps.

How heavy you lift ? :s11:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u need to replenish protein after yr workouts...

shunzhi

Reaction score
Pretty normal, soreness for me comes after resting too long, a good way to reduce soreness is to get blood flowing back into the muscles, so try doing a lighter workout the next day

Sent from OPPO CPH1701 using GAGT

Dynamik Muscle Singapore

Reaction score
DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness) is normal for a person who just started exercise or lifting, this is shows that you are breaking down the muscle fiber and it usually recover *24 to 72 hours* but these will vary among different person, you may experience longer than 72 hours due to several reasons.

To help with DOMS you need to
1. Have a adequate nutrition intake in your daily life especially protein, which is why people are taking protein shake after workout. Protein is the play the primary role in muscle recovery by having a high protein diet, your muscle will be able to recover faster and stronger.

2. Have a good sleep everyday 7-8 hours of sleep. When we go to sleep our body naturally will do the recovery in many way

Hope this helps! for more tips & information on fitness supplement please follow our instagram @dynamikmuscle.sg

Thoughts Become Things - Kai Greene :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.