HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

need help losing weight ..

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #46
Master Member

Please! Crackers are junk food - processed carbs & trans fats! Hungry? Eat eggs.
Eat nuts, walnuts or almond. Faster to prepare than eggs.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #47
Master Member

egg also got cholesterol lo
Cholesterol and fats being bad are a food industry propagated myth. How else are they going to sell you their low fat, low cholesterol processed crap? Go back to food nutrition kiddy school, padawan.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #48

i agree. Now all the process food don't give you enough nutrients. Even eating our chicken these days are all injected by who know what.
Rayzern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #49

Yah man. I lost only 4kg. But total fats lost is 2kg. Losing visceral fats is most important. Weight does not account much. Go take a scan to see fat percentage you need to lose. Change diet and everything becomes easy after a month.
Agreed. Weight loss not equal fat loss. In most cases, weight loss equal muscle loss while fat, or fat % remain the same. For me now, besides looking at my weight, I look closely at my muscle mass and body fat%. In my 2-3 months of this diet or rather the carb nite diet, I lost about 3kg weight total, muscle mass maintain or maybe even gain 1 kg, and lost 3% body fat.

ya post your health screening in LCHF thread at edmw haha. i posted mine there already

your in between means maintain this lifestyle reach the goal le then back to normal?
By in between, I mean eating the amount of carbs that you can't go into keto, but also can't provide sufficient energy for daily activity. Meaning either go ultra low carbs (20-30g carb daily) for keto, or eat the recommended amount. Don't try something like 50g of carbs, you will suffer instead since your body is not in keto, but your body also can't get sufficient energy from carbs. What happens is your body will burn muscles for energy instead of fats.

Cholesterol and fats being bad are a food industry propagated myth. How else are they going to sell you their low fat, low cholesterol processed crap? Go back to food nutrition kiddy school, padawan.
Actually, if you go back to food nutrition school, most will teach you that fats are bad. Why do you think our food pyramid look like it's current form?
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #50
Arch-Supremacy Member

Eat nuts, walnuts or almond. Faster to prepare than eggs.
Agree. I would personally recommend raw nuts. I wouldn't recommend those in festive packs though, they are roasted with hydrogenated oils & have added sugar & salt.
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

i agree. Now all the process food don't give you enough nutrients. Even eating our chicken these days are all injected by who know what.
From what I know the only poultry that's not injected are black & kampong chicken.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #52
Master Member

Actually, if you go back to food nutrition school, most will teach you that fats are bad. Why do you think our food pyramid look like it's current form?
Maybe you shouldn't follow everything you read on gahmen websites? I know our old MOH (HPB now) pyramid was derived from the Western countries either the UK or US (i'm thinking more towards UK since US one has a separate category for dairy products).

But all of them are derived from the Swedish one as the original source. As is seen in the article, even the original food pyramid was created as a means to sell food stuff rather than promote any sort of health since no scientists were involved in the creation of it. But that is a moot point now since even now Singapore has done away with that stupid food pyramid and replaced it with a plate (which although improved is still salah in my books since i wouldn't include grain and bread in my recommendation).
saiyan2005 likes this.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe you shouldn't follow everything you read on gahmen websites? I know our old MOH (HPB now) pyramid was derived from the Western countries either the UK or US (i'm thinking more towards UK since US one has a separate category for dairy products).

But all of them are derived from the Swedish one as the original source. As is seen in the article, even the original food pyramid was created as a means to sell food stuff rather than promote any sort of health since no scientists were involved in the creation of it. But that is a moot point now since even now Singapore has done away with that stupid food pyramid and replaced it with a plate (which although improved is still salah in my books since i wouldn't include grain and bread in my recommendation).
Yup, their plate is hogwah - very high in refined & processed carbs: bread, corn flakes, biscuits, kway teow etc. We all know such junk food raises triglyceride levels & increase the formation of small particle LDL.

Is it any wonder that heart disease is still one of the top killers?
Old 10-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #54
Master Member

Yup, their plate is hogwah - very high in refined & processed carbs: bread, corn flakes, biscuits, kway teow etc. We all know such junk food raises triglyceride levels & increase the formation of small particle LDL.

Is it any wonder that heart disease is still one of the top killers?
I don't know why the scholars need to keep reinventing the wheel. Just go leangains or thepaleodiet and grab their recommendations put their name on it if they want but at least it won't be disingenuous to call it an actual healthy diet recommendation.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #55

Agree. I would personally recommend raw nuts. I wouldn't recommend those in festive packs though, they are roasted with hydrogenated oils & have added sugar & salt.
I read that some nuts should be avoided as they are naturally high in omega 6. I think walnuts is an example.

I never follow the government website since my secondary school days. If what you preach is not backed up byrecent, well conducted studies, I'll just dismiss it.

Even a recent south park episode make a joke of the current food pyramid. At the end, you can see everyone eating steaks and sticks of butter as part of the right diet
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #56
Master Member

its hard to blame govts' dietary recommendations (eg. plate, pyramid, oblong, oval whatever) if statistics show that the majority don't even follow them.

Nutrevolve: Are Dietary Recommendations Wrong? Inconvenient Data
xerref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #57
Arch-Supremacy Member

I read that some nuts should be avoided as they are naturally high in omega 6. I think walnuts is an example.
True but then again pork & grain fed beef is also high Omega 6. I think for someone needing to lose fat, raw nuts can come in handy at those times when one feels a little hungry but doesn't have the time to cook. This is just my view any way, feel free to disagree.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #58
Master Member

General rule is that bad things happen when things become extreme.

Body needs a balance of both omega 6 and omega 3 to function well.

"The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids. Several sources of information suggest that human beings evolved on a diet with a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFA) of approximately 1 whereas in Western diets the ratio is 15/1-16.7/1."

The concern is when most "Conventional Advice" demonize a certain food group, be it fats or carbs, etc, general public go to extreme ends to avoid and consume more of the other food group, which might be unhealthy overall.

Need to manage your own nutrition. General advice like eating more greens and lean meat , eating slowly, or other behavioral habits can help OP lose weight.
jokerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #59
Master Member

I never follow the government website since my secondary school days. If what you preach is not backed up byrecent, well conducted studies, I'll just dismiss it.

Even a recent south park episode make a joke of the current food pyramid. At the end, you can see everyone eating steaks and sticks of butter as part of the right diet
Where did you read about fat being bad? There is no scientific studies that i know of and it is an oft repeated food industry myth.

And butter and steak is healthier than economy rice and mee pok. In fact it is a little like the atkins diet and nordic countries use this diet so much that it created a butter shortage. How many super obese 400lb fatties do you see in those countries?
Old 04-01-2015, 12:39 AM   #60
High Supremacy Member

i lost around 3 kg these few weeks by going jogging and cutting on soda .. now i gonna start gyming .. anyone got tips ?

那些年错过的大雨.
nexusRAGER is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.