Old 16-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #16

8 + 7 + 6 today
Plumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

Total: 66

Jc tan 25
Wormy 41

Think ppl cannot understand English, or don't bother lol.
bhkpop likes this.
cowed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #18
Great Supremacy Member

KNNBCCB lah, all dunno how to follow simple instructions izzit? See that tree over there? Run to it and say sorry.

cowed77, as for ur saying that pull-ups=big guns...i read this article by dave tate (dont ask for link, either tnation or elitefts lol) saying that he believes that if u want big biceps, u need direct bicep work. pull-ups can get ur arms bigger, but there's a limit to it.

personally, i havent seen my arms getting bigger/more swole from pull-ups. there was even a period where i train pull-ups very extensively(might do it again lol). my pull-ups was in the region of 20+ (but dont think now can) but my arms remained more or less the same.
Old 16-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #19
Great Supremacy Member

Total: 87

Wormy 41
Jc tan 25
Plumper 21

EDIT: Let's rank the indv also? HAha.

Last edited by Keverus; 16-05-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Keverus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

:
cowed77, as for ur saying that pull-ups=big guns...i read this article by dave tate (dont ask for link, either tnation or elitefts lol) saying that he believes that if u want big biceps, u need direct bicep work. pull-ups can get ur arms bigger, but there's a limit to it.

personally, i havent seen my arms getting bigger/more swole from pull-ups. there was even a period where i train pull-ups very extensively(might do it again lol). my pull-ups was in the region of 20+ (but dont think now can) but my arms remained more or less the same.
Some people, incl me, are back-dominant when pull/chin up.

Besides the close grip chin, try also Arnold's muscle-mind connection, and play around with your torso angle to feel for the best positions for biceps, also feel for the point along the ROM that hit your biceps most and do isometric hold, or, pre-fatique your back before the chin.
Old 16-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
Great Supremacy Member

Besides the close grip chin, try also Arnold's muscle-mind connection, and play around with your torso angle to feel for the best positions for biceps, also feel for the point along the ROM that hit your biceps most and do isometric hold, or, pre-fatique your back before the chin.
kns, unker ketua 4got to post the tally again

yea, i do pull-ups at the end of workouts now. can feel bicep more.
Old 16-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #22
Great Supremacy Member

Wormy 41
Jc tan 25
Plumper 21
Old 16-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #23
Supremacy Member

Really depends on how the individual responds since no 2 persons are alike. Personally I would say, go for weighted chin-ups (supinated close-grip) keeping the reps between 6 - 8 & training to failure for a couple of weeks if you want to whack the biceps.

When I was in my 20s & 30s I've benefited from both weighted chin-ups & curls - both worked in getting my biceps up. For my triceps however, only weighted dips & close-grip bench presses really worked; direct triceps work only helped a little bit..

so go experiment what works for you...
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #24

Rather than update your latest post, you should update your original post right? Easier to refer.

HWZ lifting Stats

iherb discount code - SIH278
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
Great Supremacy Member

Rather than update your latest post, you should update your original post right? Easier to refer.
Liddat i jialat leh. and if i MIA or tio ban (), then how to update?

Since when ppl come in to report their figures, they can just add to the tally ma.

Wormy 41
Jc tan 25
Plumper 21
Old 16-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

side track here a bit here....

For chin-ups to whack the biceps, pre-exhaust works but only for a couple of weeks; try this:

2 pre-exhaust sets using HIT Mike Mentzer style:

Do 1 set of curls: tempo 2 secs up 4 secs down. 6 - 8 reps to failure immediately followed by slow chin-ups: 60 secs up 60 secs down: do as many reps as possible (most ppl can only do 1 rep & if you're really strong maybe 2)

After that rest 60 secs & do 1 more pre-exhaust superset like the 1st one.
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #27

8+7+4+5+5 = 29 pull ups today
Demikidisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #28
Great Supremacy Member

Total: 116

Wormy 41
Demikidisme 29
Jc tan 25
Plumper 21
Old 16-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #29

TS, why don't you setup a spreadsheet on google docs for people to input ?
TheGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #30

12+10+8 today

shoo sad used to hit 24 22 20 in my JC/NS days.. canoeing was my cca so that helped alot

record ive seen is 50+ .. think it was 55.. set by my senior .. widearm pull up
xxduckxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.