HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

(Question) Hope you all can help

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
Great Supremacy Member

(Question) Hope you all can help

Thank you and hope you all can lend a hand with the questions =)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Next Question

Anyone can recommend some Brands + type of Oats??? mainly for breakfast =).
Share some brands and food you all take for breakfast and snacks

Last edited by BeaRzwalken; 03-11-2014 at 09:40 AM..
BeaRzwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

1) Manage carbohydrate intake.

2) Ensure that fat intake is from natural sources like grassfed meat, fruit, nuts and seeds, and certain oils.

3) Lose bodyfat
derrickgyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
Great Supremacy Member

1) Manage carbohydrate intake.

2) Ensure that fat intake is from natural sources like grassfed meat, fruit, nuts and seeds, and certain oils.

3) Lose bodyfat
1. so LDL and HDL is more to carbohydrate intakes as in,( correct me if I am wrong)

example : process carbs and stuff right? what about potato, rice and non process carbs will they make a big impact?

2. triglycerides is more to eat nature stuff as well and using the right type of oil for cooking?

3. ok this one lose bodyfat part about the link of triglycerides and Cholesterol, cannot really able to link them up

and thank you for taking the time to reply my questions

Last edited by BeaRzwalken; 30-07-2014 at 05:03 PM..
Old 30-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

1. so LDL and HDL is more to carbohydrate intakes as in,( correct me if I am wrong)

example : process carbs and stuff right? what about potato, rice and non process carbs will they make a big impact?

2. triglycerides is more to eat nature stuff as well and using the right type of oil for cooking?

3. ok this one lose bodyfat part about the link of triglycerides and Cholesterol, cannot really able to link them up

I'm not very well-informed in these aspects but from what I know and read from John Meadows, the things I suggested will generally help.
derrickgyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think you may need to revamp your diet if you want to increase your HDL lower your LDL & triglycerides.

Take your breakfast for example, get rid of the buns you normally buy & for your coffee/tea, no condensed milk and/or sugar. The pork fat that you normally eat is unhealthy. I can think of many more examples - I've looked at your food posts in EDMW esp the photos & I can at you that what you're eating on a daily basis is really bad.

You need to know that a hi protein low carb hi fat diet doesn't mean ANY kind of meat & all the saturated fat that you can eat. Only fish, chicken w/o the skin, beef from grass fed cows, lean pork - all these must not be deep fried or swimming in gravy/oil - should be eaten.

Lots of vegetables & fruits, raw nuts etc will give you the vitamins, minerals & essential fats that you need & improve your lipid profile. There's nothing wrong with rice or potatoes PROVIDED you know how to put them into your overall macros balance. If you take butter, get only NZ butter as NZ cows are grass fed. Wheat & all related products should be avoided; also to be avoided is sugar & all commercial sauces, gravies & spreads.

Read up more on nutrition & learn how to cook your own meals so that you know what you eat isn't detrimental to your health. Try to avoid all the commercial cooking oils - use olive oil, coconut oil & NZ butter to cook instead. If you eat out all the time, you can't control or know what you're eating & this is where the big problem is. Most hawker food is devoid of any real nutritional value.

Anything food that's processed (causing insulin spikes & having trans fats) & animal fat will get your LDL & Triglycerides up. Mono saturated & poly saturated fats found in raw nuts, avocado, omega 3 fatty acids from fatty fish (and fish oil) will get them down.

You also need to quit smoking - tobacco smoke lowers HDL levels.
BeaRzwalken likes this.

Last edited by gkhchay; 30-07-2014 at 06:33 PM..
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
Master Member

The straight dope on cholesterol
BeaRzwalken likes this.
xerref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
Great Supremacy Member

thank you uncle gkhchay that is really layman enff, easy to understand

you are right about the bad but is recently daily, I have finish tasting each of the bun flavour so is back to coffee only ( I just have to try everything once )
as well as the vegetarian diet is for prayer purpose.

daily wise I did not post it up as it boring, so here is a sample of my daily lunch and dinner

chicken is my best friend now, since mutton, beef is out of the question, still looking into the fish menu but fail 6 times but still try

the chicken breast menu, this one is BBQ + some dry spice if not is Cajun dry spices

this is the chicken boneless thigh but need to add in chicken breast maybe 150g more

the oven is really a good tool for cooking, no need to do hell lot of clean up

Last edited by BeaRzwalken; 30-07-2014 at 10:36 PM..
Old 30-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #8
Great Supremacy Member

thank you xerref will have a read on this
Old 31-07-2014, 12:06 AM   #9

cholesterol is a type of steroid molecue
triglycerides basically = fat
i check my levels in mili-mol/L

this link gives range of values in both units (miligram/deci-liter , mili-mol/Liter)
Cholesterol levels: What numbers should you aim for? - Mayo Clinic

if u want, u can convert from gram to mol (use the molecularweight of cholesterol which is 386.65 gram/mol

note that 1 mol of anything contains the avogardo number of that thing i.e. 6.02x10^23 which is a damn huge number because atoms, molecues, electrons are quantum scale entities i.e. damn small size which display probabilistic quantum behavior characterized by wave functions

also note that deci = 1x10exp^-1 i.e. 1/10 i.e. 0.1 i.e. one-tenth

for reference of friendly comparison, my levels in milimol/L are
total 4.87
HDL (good one) 1.9
LDL (bad one) 2.7
total/HDL ratio = 2.56
triglycerides = 0.5

basically both of us are ok, but i have more HDL than you lol (mine convert to mg/dL is 71, yours convert to milimol/L is 1.3)
but no prob since u are doing the right steps to ensure better health, then way to go bro~

for sugar level, see this
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_c...el-ranges.html

your sugar level is ok

to convert from gram to mole for sugar, i.e. glucose which is a monosaccharide molecue, use its molecular weight which is 180 gram per mole

have fun lol
BeaRzwalken likes this.

Last edited by dawnknight; 31-07-2014 at 12:26 AM..
dawnknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #10
Master Member

thank you xerref will have a read on this
It's a very long read, but definitely one of the most comprehensive yet easy to understand write-ups on cholesterol and review of the current research and opinions.

My personal recommendations based on personal experience;

1. Sustained aerobic exercise >=30mins a day- walking, running, swimming (HR<65%)

2. Triglycerides - limit your sugar intake including fruits. Try to keep below total fructose count of 50-60g

3. Experiment with fat intake, although for the majority of the population dietary cholesterol has little to no impact on their cholesterol levels, you might be a hyper-responder to dietary cholesterol.

4. Lose weight
Old 31-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #11
Great Supremacy Member

It's a very long read, but definitely one of the most comprehensive yet easy to understand write-ups on cholesterol and review of the current research and opinions.

My personal recommendations based on personal experience;

1. Sustained aerobic exercise >=30mins a day- walking, running, swimming (HR<65%)

2. Triglycerides - limit your sugar intake including fruits. Try to keep below total fructose count of 50-60g

3. Experiment with fat intake, although for the majority of the population dietary cholesterol has little to no impact on their cholesterol levels, you might be a hyper-responder to dietary cholesterol.

4. Lose weight
I rather maintain my weight and improve the LDL abit, at least is less expensive LoL

there is one more page where is about my ecg or something that part I also dun really understand will need help also, will post it up to night, doc say is good, but I have doubts
Old 31-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #12
Master Member

Btw, just sharing, here's an interesting post on HDL;
HDL Not Useful Anymore? Maybe the Whole Lipid Profile is Useless | The Fat Nurse

And a post on reviewing your results;
A Tale of Two Lipid Panels | The Fat Nurse

Also, I'm just a google scholar, so please take anything i say with a huge rock of salt.
Old 31-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #13
Great Supremacy Member

this is the one

Last edited by BeaRzwalken; 31-07-2014 at 10:05 AM..
Old 31-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #14
Master Member

I have history of High Cholestrol. Both my HDL and LDL are of unhealthy levels. Coupled with my high blood pressure periodically, it was worrying for me from time to time.
In short, to control you cholesterol level, itís all about diet and exercising. Truth be told, it definitely helps.

For me, I realized that if I make some sacrifices and cut down on my unhealthy food intake such as seafood and trans fat from meat, and take more veggies and fruits, itíll help.
Also, I have started taking Omega 3 Fish Oil, along with some other supplement such as Garlic etc.

Results did improved from year to year, despite my significantly lack of exercise due to work and laziness.

But I decided to go healthier, so I still eat unhealthy food from time to time, but make sure I donít eat them excessively. Also, I have started exercising. I will be taking my health screening soon. Hopefully, the results will improved.
Old 31-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #15
Great Supremacy Member

I have history of High Cholestrol. Both my HDL and LDL are of unhealthy levels. Coupled with my high blood pressure periodically, it was worrying for me from time to time.
In short, to control you cholesterol level, itís all about diet and exercising. Truth be told, it definitely helps.

For me, I realized that if I make some sacrifices and cut down on my unhealthy food intake such as seafood and trans fat from meat, and take more veggies and fruits, itíll help.
Also, I have started taking Omega 3 Fish Oil, along with some other supplement such as Garlic etc.

Results did improved from year to year, despite my significantly lack of exercise due to work and laziness.

But I decided to go healthier, so I still eat unhealthy food from time to time, but make sure I donít eat them excessively. Also, I have started exercising. I will be taking my health screening soon. Hopefully, the results will improved.
I am not smart at this area, but as soon as I started lifting My 200++BP dropped pretty fast, 6 mth down the road I am off the meds. of cos I got help along the way from here and ziklag, so exercise do play a part in getting healthy, good way to de-stress also LoL.

I do hope your health report improve everytime you go for a check up =)
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.