HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommend protein powder

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #916

did anyone try ordering myprotein from probikekit.co.uk?

it seems they're also under the same company as myprotein.co.uk but the minimum amount for free delivery from probikekit is 50gbp?
easyippt likes this.
bodymasterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #917

did anyone try ordering myprotein from probikekit.co.uk?

it seems they're also under the same company as myprotein.co.uk but the minimum amount for free delivery from probikekit is 50gbp?
Good spot. the pbk website offers 10% for myprotein products, but myprotein web offers routinely higher discounts.
(1-xx)(MYP) + 10 >> (1-0.1)(PBK)
so assuming we only consider pbk if we wanna hit close to 50gbp,
(1-0.1)(PBK) = 50
PBK = 55.5555555556
since PBK = MYP,
(1-xx)(55.5555555556) + 10 >> 50
15.5555555556 - 55.5555555556xx >> 0
55.5555555556xx << 15.5555555556
xx << 0.28

so assuming pbk's discounts are fixed at 10% (idk, never seen their website before today), it is only worth it if the MYP discounts are <28%
bodymasterboy likes this.
easyippt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #918

Q: Is there a difference in protein powders quality? I mean, heck, I can buy a 40-pound tub of protein at Costco for about 39 cents.

A: Well, you can get a nice Hyundai with a lawnmower engine for ten thousand or you can get a Lamborghini Diablo. Both are cars. Same thing, right?

Okay, I'm being a little facetious, but yes, there are big differences among protein powders. Protein is only as good as the source it comes from. Some protein (meat and whey powder) comes from feedlot farmed cows complete with all the hormones, steroids, and antibiotics these poor animals live on. And some protein comes from grass-fed cows that are raised on pasture and never fed a hormone or a steroid in their lives. Their meat is different and their by-products (like whey) are different. (Grass-fed meat has omega-3's and CLA and lower levels of inflammatory omega-6's, not to mention the absence of the above-mentioned drugs.)

And that's just the whey protein we're talking about. You can get soy protein isolate or soy protein concentrate, and either can be made from organically grown soy or GMO mystery crops. Soy, whey, casein, and rice protein all have slightly different amino acid profiles.

Then there's sweeteners. Some high-quality protein powders are sweetened with a little Xylitol and /or stevia, others have aspartame, still others might have el-cheapo high fructose corn syrup. Does it matter? I think it does.

Protein powder is no different from a million other things in the marketplace, from cars to vitamins to clothing. There are all kinds of ways to skimp on quality. My feeling is that with protein powder, unlike with, say, cars, the difference in price between the tub o' **** and the Rolls Royce isn't that great.

Get the best you can afford. If it's worth taking (or eating) it's worth springing for the good stuff!

sauce: https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-lo...gn=article2570

Yeah but what's good stuff? Is 97% whey isolate better than a 90% whey isolate.
easyippt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #919
Master Member

Just checking, anyone knows if there is any current promotion for ON protein at the moment?
eDisFieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:35 PM   #920
Arch-Supremacy Member

any1 have receipt of protein powder Worth $100 or more dated after 7th may 2016?

willing to pay $5 for ur receipt

pls pm me
cutieboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #921
Great Supremacy Member

Using on optimum whey but seems like no effect on me. Maybe changing after I finish this tube.
Old 15-05-2016, 10:10 PM   #922

Using on optimum whey but seems like no effect on me. Maybe changing after I finish this tube.
What effect are you looking at, and were you getting it with other brands?

HWZ lifting Stats

iherb code - SIH278
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 06:57 PM   #923
Honorary Member

Your interpretation of effect is it drink liao then will auto become muscled muscled while continue doing bicept curls and more bicept curls?
Old 01-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #924

bought Blue star Nutraceuticals Whey smooth from couz-nutri Got the chocolate covered banana and peanut butter cup. Tasted damn good ! Free core150 shaker..

Compared to ON i prefer this. ingredient profile is solid.. cold process where with no fillers and no amino spiking..
danielwu0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #925
Arch-Supremacy Member

bought Blue star Nutraceuticals Whey smooth from couz-nutri Got the chocolate covered banana and peanut butter cup. Tasted damn good ! Free core150 shaker..

Compared to ON i prefer this. ingredient profile is solid.. cold process where with no fillers and no amino spiking..
Are you kidding? Go read the ingredients - definitely protein spiking & lots of fillers.
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:01 AM   #926

Are you kidding? Go read the ingredients - definitely protein spiking & lots of fillers.
care to share which part is of it spiked and what are the fillers ? it was third party lab tested and they even show me the lab test report which a lot of companies don't

also i did quite a bit of research in bodybuilding.com forum before my purchase over here in singapore. i decided to try whey smooth since combat gave me quite a no of stomach issues when on it. i have no problem with ON either just that wanted to try something different.

heres a quote in what the VP sales of Blue star said :

Good lord! Is that what the labels says? … then yes, that means they has been added.

The BCAA's and Glutamine have been added to help enhance muscle protein synthesis and recovery. BCAA's are about double the price of proteins and Glutamine is pretty much at par with proteins. We wanted to stay away from the typical cheap amino's such as taurine, glycine, and / or creatine that serve little to no purpose in our products - also known as amino spiking.

I'm sure as a VP he knows what his talking or else he will be kicked in the butt by consumers in bodybuilding.com forum
xerref likes this.

Last edited by danielwu0808; 02-06-2016 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: changes
Old 02-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #927
Master Member

Thumbs down

lmfao. Blue Star is legit.
danielwu0808 likes this.

GET 25% off your first order @ MYPROTEIN.com Use code LEE-R3I7
xerref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #928
Master Member

care to share which part is of it spiked and what are the fillers ? it was third party lab tested and they even show me the lab test report which a lot of companies don't

also i did quite a bit of research in bodybuilding.com forum before my purchase. i decided to try whey smooth since combat gave me quite a no of stomach issues when on it. i have no problem with ON either just that wanted to try something different.

heres a quote in what the VP sales of Blue star said :

Good lord! Is that what the labels says? then yes, that means they has been added.

The BCAA's and Glutamine have been added to help enhance muscle protein synthesis and recovery. BCAA's are about double the price of proteins and Glutamine is pretty much at par with proteins. We wanted to stay away from the typical cheap amino's such as taurine, glycine, and / or creatine that serve little to no purpose in our products - also known as amino spiking.

I'm sure as a VP he knows what his talking or else he will be kicked in the butt by consumers in bodybuilding.com forum

bluestar is good stuff bruh. went thru 5 tubs myself

GET 25% off your first order @ MYPROTEIN.com Use code LEE-R3I7
xerref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #929

Thumbs up

bluestar is good stuff bruh. went thru 5 tubs myself
yeah. finally someone here who is a blue star fan ! once i tried it ,not looking back at other proteins.. so where did you get your blue star products from ? i've tried whey smooth , bcaa tabs and amino fast.. amino fast was heavenly.... lol
Old 02-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #930
Master Member

Iherb having discount code for sports related supps. Can get cheap whey
dinosaur2776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.