RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dreant, guys how often you guys change the mask? Ive used for about six months and got a prompt from my resmed S10 to change it. Tia.

i think it'll depend on the wear and tear.
i wash mine every morning with hand soap.
my provider says, so long u take care of it. it "can" last up till a year.

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
:s11: It's USD791 for a new unit from 1800cpap (after using the 10% discount code). Shipping should be about USD70. Add 8% GST to that, and the total is only about USD930.

That works out to around SGD1270 or so.

If you're willing to get a refurbished unit, secondwindcpap (1y warranty) has them at USD549, and 1800cpap (90 day warranty) at USD494, or USD584 (1y warranty) (with 10% discount code).

That works out to a maximum savings of USD320 (after GST) or about ~SGD435 less if you're willing to get refurbished.

If you're looking at SGD2k, it's about ~35% savings by buying new online, or ~55% savings if you're willing to go refurbished.

Either way, make sure you're getting an 'AutoSet' unit.

PS: If you didn't know, the 'for her' model has one additional algorithm.

hi can sic the 10% discount code?

is there any place here can try out the resmed?

cos i read the mask takes time to adapt for sleeping, uncomfy

not sure what type of mask to buy

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

code for 1800cpap is take10
and trying out mask, maybe u can contact local resmed distributor, sgmedical.org
need to make appointment tho

@fellow users,

any users with gastric reflux experiences refluxes during sleep while doing therapy?

Last edited:

007Mi6

Reaction score
Hi, I am using the dreamwear. The elastic headgear became loose after 6-9 months but the rest of the mask is still very much functional.

Any idea as an alternative to replace the headgear elastic portion?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dreant, guys how often you guys change the mask? Ive used for about six months and got a prompt from my resmed S10 to change it. Tia.

As others have mentioned, it depends largely on the mask, your usage, and the wear and tear.

I've had masks that lasted only about 4-5 months before falling apart and needed to be replaced (Sleepweaver Advance, and Sleepweaver Elan), which made me sad as they were perhaps the most comfortable masks I had used at that time.

I also have a Resmed Quattro, it's about 4 years old now, but it's still in good condition. It doesn't get used very much however - only when I'm unwell and my nose is congested and I'm not able to use my nasal pillows.

My current daily mask is a Resmed P10. It's about 1 yr 7 months old now; I had to replace the elastic headgear after ~8 months, but the rest of it still works well. The current headgear has been in use for ~11 months. I now handwash the headgear weekly. Previously, I was machine washing it weekly in a net, which I think contributed to stretching it out.

The machine? Or the mask?

Locally, unfortunately, both are significantly overpriced. Most companies will 'loan' you a machine for 'free', with the condition that you purchase a mask from them - which they sell for 2~3x more than buying online...

Mask sizing is not too difficult. Most nasal pillows come with several sizes (S/M/L); or for other masks, there is usually a template you can print out and measure against your face.

I'd rather buy 3 different masks online to try, than just one (overpriced) from a local retailer...

I've found it better to purchase the 'for her' P10, as it comes with XS,S,M pillows instead, which I felt was a better choice of sizing for Asian faces.

Hi, I am using the dreamwear. The elastic headgear became loose after 6-9 months but the rest of the mask is still very much functional.

Any idea as an alternative to replace the headgear elastic portion?

1800cpap: Headgear for DreamWear Nasal Mask
1800cpap: Headgear for DreamWear Full Face Mask
Ebay: Dreamwear Headgear

You didn't mention exactly which mask you're using, but you'll be able to find it by searching for 'headgear' for your mask. Also have a look on ebay.com - headgear does not require a prescription to purchase.

Another place to look for cheaper alternatives would be AliExpress. I've never tried them before, so please do post your feedback here if you do decide to try this route.

AliExpress: cpap headgear

Last edited:

happinesscuminpairs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Want cheaper buy from Amazon. Got mine S10 for USD$420.99 exclude mask.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really like the P10 nose pillow thing but always come off.

:s11: Could you be a little more clear?

As in, is the cushions always falling off the frame? It clips into the frame with a 'click', and can only go in one way. It won't fit if it's upside down.

Or is it slipping off your nose/face while you're sleeping?

Make sure you're using the correct pillow size. You can also adjust the tightness of the straps (from 0:56 of this video...)

tytan12

Reaction score
Travel CPAP machine recommendations

Hi, may i know if anyone has tried or know about these two travel CPAP machines?

1) HDM Z1™ Base Travel CPAP Machine
2) Transcend Travel miniCPAP Machine

Or any other travel CPAPs to recommend?

What's important for me is: i) quiet; ii) has internal batt so I can use it without plugging in to power source (e.g. on the plane).

Thanks! :s22:

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, may i know if anyone has tried or know about these two travel CPAP machines?

1) HDM Z1™ Base Travel CPAP Machine
2) Transcend Travel miniCPAP Machine

Or any other travel CPAPs to recommend?

What's important for me is: i) quiet; ii) has internal batt so I can use it without plugging in to power source (e.g. on the plane).

Have you tried reading some of the earlier posts in this thread?

The transcend is not quiet (when compared to my Airsense 10). The Z1 is supposedly worse (that they had to later introduce an in-line muffler, sold separately, to reduce the vibrations that was coming up the tube).

The transcend uses an external battery pack - not that it's an issue, but just thought to mention it because you explicitly mentioned that you want a unit with an 'internal' battery.

Last edited:

blurblur123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i change it whenever I feels the nose piece is getting uncomfortable (the material gets harden with time) or the strap is losing its elasticity. Usually that will be around 6 months.

Yeah my current mask is about 10 months and i start to keep waking up for some weird reasons.

It is getting more and more uncomfortable but i am unwilling to change since it costs me 300 bucks

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U wont feel uncomfortable wearing that?

I am using N20 resmed mask now
i wonder if it is due to my vocal cord paralysis, i can't seem to use nasal masks. air keeps escaping whenever i open my mouth, or is that how it works.. i just gotta control not letting the air escape. Been using a F20 for couple of months now, bought a N20 but cannot use :(

blurblur123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wonder if it is due to my vocal cord paralysis, i can't seem to use nasal masks. air keeps escaping whenever i open my mouth, or is that how it works.. i just gotta control not letting the air escape. Been using a F20 for couple of months now, bought a N20 but cannot use :(

The shape still okay?

My one slightly deformed...

camotorpedo

Reaction score
If chin strap does not work for your mouth open problem, try mouth taping with 3m micropore tape.

WeBareBear

Reaction score

Based on my experience, it is normal for air to escape when you open your mouth due to the forced pressure from the machine. The F20 would probably be a better fit if you tend to allow the air to escape from your mouth.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience, it is normal for air to escape when you open your mouth due to the forced pressure from the machine. The F20 would probably be a better fit if you tend to allow the air to escape from your mouth.
yeah, unfortunately my mouth tends to open when i sleep. i might try a chin strap.
but for now i use the nasal mask usually during i'm awake, consuming media.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.