RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2018, 10:09 PM   #421

My Resmed Airsense 10 shows the following replacement schedule:
- Every month: mask cushion or pillow, air filters
- Every 3 months: mask frame (excludes headgear), air tubing
- Every 6 months: headgear, water tub

I wonder if the mask pillow really has to be changed every month?
Been using my Airsense 10 with Airfit P10 for about half a year now.. and still using all the parts from the beginning (except for filter changed a few times, and pillow changed once for a smaller size). Other than that, I wonder why do we need to change the parts as per the schedule above ? I feel like everything is working fine and not necessary to replace anything
liemsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #422

Guys just comb thro the entire thread, will prob get the resmed airsense auto set 10 for her based on the review. Will compare price between amazon and 1800cpap. However i nv use forwarder via amazon b4, can anybody guide me how to go abt in doing it? Thank you!
Sotooong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #423

Hello,

Several users have written to me asking for details on how to import a CPAP machine. I've decided to reproduce one of my replies here for everyone's benefit!

The process for importing the CPAP machine is very straight forward. The whole process takes just under a week from ordering to delivery through the vendor I used.

There are only 4 steps.

The first thing you need to get is a letter from your doctor. All it needs to say is youíve been diagnosed with OSA (or any sleep disorder) and heís prescribed you treatment with a CPAP machine. Or something to that effect. It can be quite a short memo. My doctor wrote it on the spot, and it didnít seem like it was the first time he was writing one. Once you get it, scan it into a soft copy.

Next, order your machine. I use http://1800cpap.com/ for four reasons. First, they sell to international customers without needing to see a prescription. Donít worry, theyíre legitimate. Itís just that US Federal Law only requires machines sent to a US address to be accompanied by a prescription, not exports. Second, their FedEx 3 day shipping rates are very competitive. I paid US$50 I think for my machine which was a few KG and quite bulky. While US$50 isnít a small sum, itís cheap considering itís a 3 day door-to-door delivery by FedEx for a rather bulky item. Third, their prices are competitive and Iíve never been let down by them. Fourth, thereís a 10% discount code which you can use. Just enter ďtake10Ē when you check out.

After your place your order, take note of the FedEx number.

You can now apply for the free HSA license. First, download and complete this form.

The ďHS CodeĒ which the form asks for is 90192000.

Do note that every CPAP related device needs its own approval. So if youíre buying a machine and a mask, make sure both have their own entries in the form (you will notice the form allows you to do this).

Email the following to HSA_MD_SA@hsa.gov.sg :

1. The completed HSA form
2. The receipt/invoice from your vendor
3. A copy of your NRIC (front and back)
4. Your doctorís letter

Youíll receive an acknowledgement email. In a few days (could be as fast as the next day) youíll receive another email stating youíve been granted permission.

When your FedEx delivery reaches Singapore, the local office will call or send you an email informing you that you need a HSA license. This is why itís best to write to HSA right after you order so that you have import permission by the time the machine arrives in Singapore.

All you need to do then is to forward the HSA email to FedEx. The agent who liaises with you will provide you his/her email address.

Note that this doesnít always happen. I once bought a CPAP mask that went through customs without any hassle. But another time, my machine was stopped, and Iím pretty sure yours will be too. So better safe than sorry!

Once FedEx receives the HSA permission slip, the delivery will be arranged.

The last thing you need to do is pay 7% GST as your machine has a declared value of over S$400. FedEx will pay for it first, then bill you later with a $10 admin fee! No choice, thatís how it works. So expect a bill from FedEx within a month of delivery.

Thereís a little bit of paperwork that has to be done but itís quite straight-forward. Iíve bought items from 1800-CPAP three times now and Iíve had no problems with any of the steps.
Dear all, for step 2, the form does not ask me for The ďHS CodeĒ which is 90192000 as Shu stated, so im confused, am I using the correct form?

http://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/dam/HS...rt%20eForm.pdf

Also, what did you guys put as description in part C of the form?
Witwit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #424

Hi
I wonder if you can be so kind to help me with my Resmed interface.

I am not able to scroll down beyond MyAir under Sleep Report.
Pls advise what seems to be the problem here.
Thank you.

Kind regards
Joe
CuriousMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 01:09 AM   #425

Hi
I wonder if you can be so kind to help me with my Resmed interface.

I am not able to scroll down beyond MyAir under Sleep Report.
Pls advise what seems to be the problem here.
Thank you.

Kind regards
Joe
Press both the Home button and the dial button together for at least 3 seconds, and you'll get the Clinical Menu.
liemsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.