Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Suffer Insomnia

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2017, 03:19 AM   #31

Or hydroxyzine (atarax)?
wts684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:41 AM   #32

I still can't sleep at night but often slept in morning or afternoon (may be 1-2 hrs respectively), but this is really affected my daily activities.

So if my current medicine melatonin and mirtazapine are no longer help, shd i go to lorazepam?

Now i really very stressful when the night is coming. Try to sleep but my brain not cooperate even taking medicine.

When is the best timing to take medicine before sleep? half hr before sleep?
I'm prescribed mirtazapine for depression and not insonmia so I can't say for your case..

but take the benzodiazepine route as your last resort.. seek opinions from your doctor about hydroxyzine first.. benzodiazepine addiction is very real and addicts often describs it's withdrawal symptoms is worse than that of a heroin withdrawal.

Sent from the toilet using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #33

I still can't sleep at night but often slept in morning or afternoon (may be 1-2 hrs respectively), but this is really affected my daily activities.

So if my current medicine melatonin and mirtazapine are no longer help, shd i go to lorazepam?

Now i really very stressful when the night is coming. Try to sleep but my brain not cooperate even taking medicine.

When is the best timing to take medicine before sleep? half hr before sleep?
Lorazepam (a type of benzodiazepines) is not meant for long term usage. The body gets addicted after about 8 weeks of regular use. Then, you will have more problems added to your insomnia. To kick off the addiction is not easy. To me, Lorazepam is just a type of tranquilizers, for temporary relief only yet addictive. Do google and read up more before you embark on such potent drugs.

You may consider getting more info from:
http://survivingantidepressants.org/
There are a lot of info under the Symptoms and Care which you can consider.

Take Care!
AppleTree17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #34

i have been prescribed with lorazepam for slightly more then 6 months now... it's helpful when I get panic or anxiety attacks because it's fast but short acting, but it doesn't really help me much in the sleep area.. I can go for 4-5 days with no sleep despite taking lorazepam and mirtazapine at night..

to me.. psychiatric drugs reacts differently for everyone.. so what happened to me may not be the same for you.. if current medications doesn't work, tell your doctor and try another one..

I was initially taking fluoxetine (Prozac) every morning but this antidepressant made me even more suicidal.. to the extend that I took one month supply of antidepressants and sleeping pills at one go.. end up almost stop breathing and had to stay in hospital to clean my blood with the antidote..

after that incident my morning antidepressant was changed to vortioxetine (brintellix) which worked much better. but downside is the high cost of it.. at night still need to depend on diazepam to help me sleep.. as I'm typing this now.. it's already my 3rd day without sleep

Old 10-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #35

What your guy/s is/are doing during long late night?
Old 10-09-2017, 03:50 PM   #36

All medications have potential risks, including the risks of dependency. Some sleep aids can help relieve insomnia symptoms temporarily. They can't cure insomnia. Resolving underlying health issues and addressing your sleep environment is often the best approach to insomnia.
paulkee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:30 AM   #37

Try a good TCM doctor...if you are sure external factors like money and love is not a worried factor.
trader789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #38

Try a good TCM doctor...if you are sure external factors like money and love is not a worried factor.
Any recommendation you have?
Old 12-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #39

I not sure if I could help you, but if you don't mind getting some suggestions you could pm me with your mobile no. and I will get back to you once I saw your message.
paulkee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #40

Any recommendation you have?
I consulted Ms Lim at Adelphi. She wrote many articles before. Si gaporean. BUT had to warn you her price is not cheap. She will not only treat you but will always give your harsh advice. No TCM can fully treat you in 1 treatment. Have to go many times so that the doc can know how you progress..
Old 15-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #41

I consulted Ms Lim at Adelphi. She wrote many articles before. Si gaporean. BUT had to warn you her price is not cheap. She will not only treat you but will always give your harsh advice. No TCM can fully treat you in 1 treatment. Have to go many times so that the doc can know how you progress..
To add..sometimes your other illness will be cured...for me Ear block on right side gone..Sinus improved..sleep better..Black Head on nose Gone..and a key to see my improvment is my tongue color after few treatment and following to her Advice as close as possible because some of her advice too hard for me to do it..generally her advice is changing some of your lifestyle..like Sleeping at 10pm is impossible for me.
Old 17-09-2017, 03:15 AM   #42

masturbation help! Masturbate on your bed, then you will sleep peacefully
Old 24-09-2017, 04:36 AM   #43

So seldem ppl suffer insomnia.
Old 24-09-2017, 04:39 AM   #44

Again wake up 2am, nothing I can do
Old 24-09-2017, 05:09 AM   #45

Again wake up 2am, nothing I can do
lol this gonna be my 3rd day without sleep

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.