HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thinning Hair problem

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2005, 10:54 PM   #46
Supremacy Member

shall we list down the treatments we had b4? This serves as a reference for those who are suffering from hair loss problem

1) Minoxidil (tried for 4 mths)
cause irritation on my scalp. has no improvement in hair growth. In fact, it caused me to lose my hair

2) Propecia (tried for 5 mths)
Until now, did not see any obvious improvement

3) Nizoral /Head & Shoulders Sensitive

Both shampoo cause me to have bumps on my scalp.

my friend's mother actually recommended me to apply XO on the bald patch.....hahaha...never tried but apprantly this was so kind of grandmother remedy passed down thru the generations. Other methods i did tried included shampoos to lotions too even supplements n pills......but none worked for me..........
rECKleSSfElla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:54 PM   #47
Banned

most people only maintain what they have using these treatment. hopefully in time to come, some better treatment will be available. but don't bet on it.
Isopropyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:01 PM   #48
Supremacy Member

since this topic is here, have anyone heard of Procerin? i can't seem to find it in local pharmacy. any ideal?

Last edited by Cold_Zero; 11-12-2005 at 11:05 PM..
Cold_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:03 PM   #49
Banned

since this topic is here, have anyone heard of Procerin? i can't seem to find it in local pharmacy. any ideal?
most likely it another snake oil from what i read. avoid it.
Isopropyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #50

Have anyone tried using Pregraine shampoo? Is it good? How about biolyn shampoo, which become so popular lately..???
Botak_gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #51

Additonal to previous mail...apart from propecia and mino....have anyone have idea about the effective of Hair Genesis™ Oral Softgels /products???
Botak_gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #52

i think my hair problem is genetic one? but my father n mother do not have such condition.
I have a soft and thin layer of hair. Every time I wan to have hair cut, the barber would say I have less hair at my crown..so cant cut it to short..can those solution help?
[Location: City][/SIZE]
andre999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #53
Supremacy Member

Additonal to previous mail...apart from propecia and mino....have anyone have idea about the effective of Hair Genesis™ Oral Softgels /products???
only minox n propecia are clinically proven products......as for the rest use at ur own risk......not to say they wont work but they most likely wont..........as for biolyn it is touted as a alternative to propecia n minox, without the side effects. Again this is not a clinically proven product........n if its so good n sellable then they dont need to advertise it so much like yunan n beijing 101......
Old 12-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #54
Supremacy Member

i think my hair problem is genetic one? but my father n mother do not have such condition.
I have a soft and thin layer of hair. Every time I wan to have hair cut, the barber would say I have less hair at my crown..so cant cut it to short..can those solution help?
there are many causes to hair lose other than genetics.......if u are still young it might be due to stress.......ur diet........the products u use on ur hair like shampoo or hair sprays etc.........it might even be just a temp hair loss problem.........but if u really feel the problem is so bad n u wanan know the exact cause b4 u undertake any medication to counteract the problem then mayb u might wanna go to the national skin center for consultation 1st. They slb be able to identify for u wat exactly is causing ur hair loss.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:39 AM   #55

Never leh. Last time I use Nizoral which I find is very gentle. Even Head and Shoulders which some people find harsh is ok to my scalp.
hi ultimatesq,

did a check with the pharmacy and was told Nizoral is just for dandruff control. And there are supposedly no "medicated" shampoo at all over the pharmist counter. She remarked that all those "shampoo" can be bought over the shelves...hmm..anyone hav a gd medicated shampoo to recommend?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:01 AM   #56

All professional health care personnel will tell u that only propecia & minox are known to work for MPB. This is becoz the drug manufacturers had spent huge amount of $$ on this 2 drugs to undergo numerous clinical studies.

there maybe some unproven treatment that may work but who wans to spend tonnes of $$ on doing testing. All these spent time & $$ as well. who knows, maybe rubbing XO does work. anybody tried b4?
Asymtope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #57

hi ultimatesq,

did a check with the pharmacy and was told Nizoral is just for dandruff control. And there are supposedly no "medicated" shampoo at all over the pharmist counter. She remarked that all those "shampoo" can be bought over the shelves...hmm..anyone hav a gd medicated shampoo to recommend?
The only stuff for applying is minox. Dandruff control shampoo help to some extent in keeping the scalp clean. Never use a conditiona is also my recommendation, these stuff leave a layer of sticky thing on the scalp and make things worse. Those alcohol-containing hair tonic do not work in my opinion also hair never act like plants and take up nutrients from the roots. Alcohol dry up the scalp and make hair look bad.
ultimatesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:08 PM   #58
Supremacy Member

hi ultimatesq,

actually i read up on the net that nizoral actually helps to control DHT(dihydrotestosterone) which is i quote "most potent naturally occurring androgen and is produced from free testosterone through the action of 5-alpha-reductace. 5-alpha-reductace concentrations are highest in the peripheral tissues (genital skin and hair follicles). Male and female pattern hair loss is thought to be due to the effects of DHT on genetically predisposed hair follicles. Binding of DHT to the hair follicle results in gradual miniaturization of the hair and eventual hair loss"

abit too chim for me.......hahahaha. So in some ways using nizoral wld help in controlling the lost of hair..but only use it once every alternate day.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:45 PM   #59

ultimate_sq, rECKleSSfElla,

nice info there.

Had also found that Nizoral is actually perscribed only over the pharmacy counter in some countries but not here. Another shampoo worth trying i feel is Revivogen Bio-Cleansing Shampoo. Its ingredients is said to be all natural and so can be used in conjunct with Propecia, Mino etc. It adds body and thickness to your hair and said to remove Sebum and DHT from the scalp... creating a healthy environment for healthy hair growth. Worth a try maybe.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:23 PM   #60

actually i read up on the net that nizoral actually helps to control DHT(dihydrotestosterone) which is i quote "most potent naturally occurring androgen and is produced from free testosterone through the action of 5-alpha-reductace. 5-alpha-reductace concentrations are highest in the peripheral tissues (genital skin and hair follicles). Male and female pattern hair loss is thought to be due to the effects of DHT on genetically predisposed hair follicles. Binding of DHT to the hair follicle results in gradual miniaturization of the hair and eventual hair loss"

abit too chim for me.......hahahaha. So in some ways using nizoral wld help in controlling the lost of hair..but only use it once every alternate day.
DHT is in the blood circulation, no way Nizoral can zap on the DHT.
I doubt Nizoral can control DHT, its patented action is a specific fungi agent that target on a type of fungi that result in dandruff. I will just recommend H&S (used a Zinc compound as its active agent) as it is cheaper, nowadays like $10 for 750mL.
ultimatesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.