HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Thinning Hair problem

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #1

Thinning Hair problem

Anyone know how to cure thinning hair?You know,giving it more volume,making it thicker?I've had this problem since my hair started growing i guessAlthough i heard that a bad diet can really affect hair growth and my diet is really really bad...malnutrition .So,other than eating properly,any advice on what to take?
human_pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
Honorary Member

Ya, you saw the news yesterday? This Taiwanese woman jian fei until went bald sial. Low consumption of protein can lead to hair loss.
addict951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:40 AM   #3
Master Member

how old are you? any other of your family member going bald?
tayts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #4

how old are you? any other of your family member going bald?
16 aside from my grandfather?no,none that i know of.And none of my cousins have this problem,nor my siblings.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

did u dye ur hair or not?
do u have poor diet?
SuperOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #6

A lot depends on what yr genetics are. Had heard people lamenting why they couldnt achieve that six-pack abs. Either they had train the wrong way, eat the wrong food or shall i say it is really all plain genetics. It cant be help. Sadly but true.

Besides a sensible diet, u need the right medication. Try minoxidil. (Forget about those fantastic ads showing in the media..) The best method (if u have the $ to burn) is hair transplant.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

abs are not genetic. shape and look, but getting them to show is like you said, diet and training. people love to use genetics as an excuse to compansate for their ill discipline and lack of hard work. ANYONE can see abs.
zidane825 likes this.
Ironx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #8

that is what i mean. genetic as in the sense the way they develop. Some people can have a 8-pack while some no matter how hard they train, the shape and definition of the abs just wouldnt show. Adequate training and effort is something we can control but not genetics.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:58 PM   #9

I heard oily scalp tend to result in hair loss too, so if you have oily scalp you need to wash your hair often and get the right shampoo too.
Silvermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ask your hairstylist recommend you shampoo. If everything fails go Beijing 101.

Abs shapes are genetic.. Some staggered and some symmetrical.. But size of abs is not genetic, it's hardwork.
AaronZzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

From what my hairstylist told me, when you use clay and wax(esp the well know brand starting with G) and nv wash shampoo your hair well enough, the residue or dirt will slowly accumulate and block your scalp. Hence producing hair that is thin...

Just wash clean...If needed wash TWICE...if not dont use wax/gel...
Old 02-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Another thing, when you use wax/clay, apply to the tip of your hair not the root of your hair.
AaronZzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #13

Thanks for the advice guys .Most probably it's because of my poor diet,i'm undernourished so it could be that my proein intake is too low .No,i've never dyed my hair and i just started to use gel for the hair,never used clays before nor do i think it's because of dirt acumulation,because i wash my hair almost two times a day with shampoo everytime.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:01 PM   #14

I also have the same problem. My hair is very thin, as in literally very thin. Each strand is very fine. What can i do to make it thicker? And don't even use gel or wax or dye my hair
Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

I also have the same problem. My hair is very thin, as in literally very thin. Each strand is very fine. What can i do to make it thicker? And don't even use gel or wax or dye my hair
does your family members have this problem? if not i think the only place you can go is yun nan or beijing 101... =/
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.