HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Where to get a variety of herbs and spices in singapore?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Master Member

Where to get a variety of herbs and spices in singapore?

Hi guys, does anyone knows where can i buy a wide variety of herbs and spices in singapore? I don't really mean chinese herbs or indian spices. I mean stuff like cinnamon, cumin, rosemary, basil, Oregano Leaves, thyme, sage etc. Preferably as close to natural form as possible.

Thanks alot.
DXMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

there ish a sh0p behind sheng shi0ng in bed0k n0rth st 3 that sell all kind 0f stuffs like herbs, spices & sauces

they have a brand in amk t00 but i dun hab the address
chocobelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #3

Cold storage has all the herbs and spices you need.
SK.Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #4

mustaffa center.
Old 29-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #5

Cinnamon and cumin are widely used in Chinese and Indian food. So are dozens of other spices -- this region used to be the centre of the spice trade. You can find a lot of stuff from seeds to dried herbs at the market Indian stores or Chinese medicinal halls. Do some research on whatever the thing is called in Chinese or Tamil.

Fresh herbs are harder to find, in that case go to Cold Storage, Jason's or whatever. However, do some research before you go, if the herb is local to Southeast Asia or at least is grown here you might find it in the market. Again of course, you will need to know the name in Chinese.
quendidil is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.