HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Who got very bad insomnia?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2016, 01:31 AM   #61
Banned

Go to doctors get muscle relaxant tablets.
Don't ever get sleeping pills!!!!
Exercise, jog everyday. Your sleep quality will be boosted at night.
Liviasasjunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:33 AM   #62
Master Member

excluding medication of any type possible solutions.

heavy exercise in the afternoon.
milk and banana 1 hr before bedtime.
darken the whole room 1-2 hrs before bedtime, no TV, tablet and HP.
sometime is the warm temp, try to on the aircon at least before u sleep.
do some light reading with dim light.

but best is still exercise, but not late in the evening. yes and avoid heavy meal right before sleep.
won't work for me, I exercise almost daily still have insomnia...
1-2hrs no tv and tablet quite hard
I avoid drinking anything before bed because might need use toilet

Sometimes is because my freaking brain is super active all the time
turnbackclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:34 AM   #63
High Supremacy Member

What if they cant after doing those?
then medication loh. i still feel if possible, avoid them.

most of the time i suspect is mental issue, too stressed out or worried or even depression.
Zangief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:34 AM   #64
Supremacy Member

Talk to a professional and take it from there ..there are people who are on long term medications which is not surprising. At the end of the day ... it is not a cheap ailment to have.
Thanks i was referred to a psychiatrist in NUH more than 10 years back, spoken to her on 2 occasions, paid $60 for her consultations, in order for her to prescribe valium. I dont find the 10 minutes session effective or leading somewhere, and had totally quited from her and valium totally. My later years i work in Malaysia Kulim, managed to buy valium at 50sen a tablet there with no prescription... My sleeping pattern improves and i am able to execute my work well too. I had tried talkimg to a psychiatrist, tried chinese TCM ... seriously none help....
SOS9112001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:36 AM   #65
Supremacy Member

I sleep earliest at 3 to 4 am everyday. Wakeup at 9am, report to office at 11am

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT
similar to me, i sleep around 5 hrs a day only during weekdays.
android17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:36 AM   #66
High Supremacy Member

won't work for me, I exercise almost daily still have insomnia...
1-2hrs no tv and tablet quite hard
I avoid drinking anything before bed because might need use toilet

Sometimes is because my freaking brain is super active all the time
wat time did u exercise ? a lot of ppl if work out at night, their body temp and everything will remain very alert, can't have proper sleep one.

"1-2hrs no tv and tablet quite hard " - u try avoiding this and see first lah.
Old 27-03-2016, 01:38 AM   #67
Master Member

1) Melatonin is quite complicated. The more you take doesn't mean the sleepier you get. 1mg actually might work better than 10mg. 10mg is insane leh, that is taking more than 3 tablets at one shot. Timing when you take is also inportant.

2) Antihistamine the strongest is promethazine liao. Stronger than Atarax.

3) Stay away from benzodiazepenes unless you know what you are doing. Easy to get addicted, easy to overdose, cannot just anyhow quit taking also.

4) Lastly, get a sleep study. New report just came out, it is predicted that about 1/3 of chinese suffer from sleep apnea. If you are those light sleeper always need to get up to pee, this could be your actual problem causing insomnia.

Last edited by Purplestars; 27-03-2016 at 01:41 AM..
Purplestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:39 AM   #68
Banned

Have u ask thought about going to tcm for help since Western medicine is harmful in the long run.
Liviasasjunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:40 AM   #69
Master Member

wat time did u exercise ? a lot of ppl if work out at night, their body temp and everything will remain very alert, can't have proper sleep one.

"1-2hrs no tv and tablet quite hard " - u try avoiding this and see first lah.
I exercise before my dinner mostly

I try before le, now don't care le, but I know it helps a bit..
Somewhat make your brain less active

But ultimately, won't solve the underlying problem for long term
turnbackclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:45 AM   #70
Supremacy Member

I tried melatonin, doesn't work at all.. read online most people say not that useful

Diazepam works well for me... but need doctor to prescribe

how long you guys normally take to fall asleep per night?
Check wif u..diazepam is valium right??
How frequent u take this for yr disorder??
Batavia King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:50 AM   #71

1) Melatonin is quite complicated. The more you take doesn't mean the sleepier you get. 1mg actually might work better than 10mg. 10mg is insane leh, that is taking more than 3 tablets at one shot. Timing when you take is also inportant.

2) Antihistamine the strongest is promethazine liao. Stronger than Atarax.

3) Stay away from benzodiazepenes unless you know what you are doing. Easy to get addicted, easy to overdose, cannot just anyhow quit taking also.

4) Lastly, get a sleep study. New report just came out, it is predicted that about 1/3 of chinese suffer from sleep apnea. If you are those light sleeper always need to get up to pee, this could be your actual problem causing insomnia.
Atarax is a form of Antihistamine and sleep apnea is very dangerous .. involves breathing ....
Grand4ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:51 AM   #72
High Supremacy Member

quite sian to have sleep disorder also.

come to daytime, u will be less alert, blur blur, look like 1/2 dead, do everything also less energy and even need to take a nap sometime. ppl will also look at u different personally and in workplace.

why can't we just have a good night sleep and behave like a normal person the next day.
Old 27-03-2016, 01:54 AM   #73
Master Member

Atarax is a form of Antihistamine and sleep apnea is very dangerous .. involves breathing ....
Promethazine is generally regarded as the strongest sleep inducing antihistamine. Not all antihistamines are the same.

Apnea seems to be super common in sinkie chinese now. If you have insomnia or other sleep problems, wake up still feel tired, better go do a sleep study. Quite cheap with subsidizes. Check the link out:http://www.shape.com.sg/health/shock...s-sleep-apnoea

Trust me I'm in the same business as natchsider.
Purplestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 02:08 AM   #74

Promethazine is generally regarded as the strongest sleep inducing antihistamine. Not all antihistamines are the same.

Apnea seems to be super common in sinkie chinese now. If you have insomnia or other sleep problems, wake up still feel tired, better go do a sleep study. Quite cheap with subsidizes.

Im sure you know your stuff ...
Sleep apnea is not to be taken lightly

Last edited by Grand4ur; 27-03-2016 at 02:15 AM..
Grand4ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 02:08 AM   #75
Supremacy Member

Apnea seems to be super common in sinkie chinese now. If you have insomnia or other sleep problems, wake up still feel tired, better go do a sleep study. Quite cheap with subsidizes. Check the link out:http://www.shape.com.sg/health/shock...s-sleep-apnoea

My son who is 9 now used to have sleep apnea. Always find his breathing pattern strange...irregular..choke at times.
Consult doc n went for sleep study..hes abt 3 at that time. Doc confirmed it n but d earliest age recommended for ops is 5 yo.
Waited for abt 2 years...abit paranoid that he will choke to death..lol..learnt alot abt sleep disorder n sleep study at that time...wat i was told...many ppl do not want to go for sleep study..they just want instant remedy....
Batavia King is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.