The Drone Thread

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi there, I'm a new spark owner. Interested to fly together.

I've only flew at the open field at Bishan Street 15 so far and hoping to check out new places :)

maybe we can meet.

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi there, I'm a new spark owner. Interested to fly together.

I've only flew at the open field at Bishan Street 15 so far and hoping to check out new places :)

haha im new spark owner too. what i said about the controller was true? did you get the "fly more" combo?

maybe we can meet.

yeah we should. wait for my controller to arrive leh.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a newbie and still scouting for my 1st drone to play, any advice from fellow experts?

Where can I get them at a cheaper price?

Thanks.

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a newbie and still scouting for my 1st drone to play, any advice from fellow experts?

Where can I get them at a cheaper price?

Thanks.

go to gearbest or banggood.

they have wide range of drone.

make sure the drone you buy is under RTF aka Ready To Fly.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go to gearbest or banggood.

they have wide range of drone.

make sure the drone you buy is under RTF aka Ready To Fly.

Brother, it is better to get those Toy Drone like Hubsan or Syma or should I get 2nd hand DJI Phantom 3 for a start-up?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why they suddenly use this forwarder wor? mine was always kerry express.

Apparently they came yesterday and left the undelivered slip below my door. Went to singpost collect today. In their tracking system, it still say at Singapore customs... :s22:

Btw, the drone i bought is this one from Gearbest.
https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_571963.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8cIXo6xIs8

Not sure because I am too noob le, i cannot seem to get it up into the air smoothly. It will not escalate upwards smoothly as I see in the youtube videos how other users of same model is playing. It will keep woobling to the sides, and even when it does reach the air, it does not stay stable at a fixed point there. I am not hoping to be as good as the video above, but at least can fly and play abit lor. Any experts can teach me? :(

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brother, it is better to get those Toy Drone like Hubsan or Syma or should I get 2nd hand DJI Phantom 3 for a start-up?

get a toy drone first or dji spark to practice how to maneuver. it is hard to practice indoor though.

Apparently they came yesterday and left the undelivered slip below my door. Went to singpost collect today. In their tracking system, it still say at Singapore customs... :s22:

Btw, the drone i bought is this one from Gearbest.
https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_571963.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8cIXo6xIs8

Not sure because I am too noob le, i cannot seem to get it up into the air smoothly. It will not escalate upwards smoothly as I see in the youtube videos how other users of same model is playing. It will keep woobling to the sides, and even when it does reach the air, it does not stay stable at a fixed point there. I am not hoping to be as good as the video above, but at least can fly and play abit lor. Any experts can teach me? :(

you have to do alignment. have you been through ns? the concept is similar to doing rifle zeroing. based on your controller it should be the one below the directional joysticks.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get a toy drone first or dji spark to practice how to maneuver. it is hard to practice indoor though.

Brother, DJI Spark is more ex than the 2nd hand Phantom 3, it is about less than $500 for the 2nd hand Phantom 3 so is it better to get that over the Spark?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you have to do alignment. have you been through ns? the concept is similar to doing rifle zeroing. based on your controller it should be the one below the directional joysticks.
I MR liao leh. Haha

Tuning ah. Jialat, need to go explore how to. Else this will end up a white elephant le...

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brother, DJI Spark is more ex than the 2nd hand Phantom 3, it is about less than $500 for the 2nd hand Phantom 3 so is it better to get that over the Spark?

oh second hand. if you dont mind then of cos go for phantom 3. just not as portable as spark.

not sure phantom dji app got simulator for you to practice or not. but spark has.

I MR liao leh. Haha

Tuning ah. Jialat, need to go explore how to. Else this will end up a white elephant le...

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

ya tuning. manual guide never state meh?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh second hand. if you dont mind then of cos go for phantom 3. just not as portable as spark.

Oh, all DJI drones are using same APP, DJI GO so the simulator exist for all DJI Drones, I just check on Youtube to verify.

Yes, Phantom 3 is not as portable as Spark but for a start, it should be good for a bigger device as Phantom 3 has 3 axis for video stability compared to Spark with only 2 Axis.

Eventually, I will upgrade to Mavic Pro if I want a better and portable Drone. =:p

Anyone want to fly the drone together, need some assistance and guidance from fellow Seniors here too!

nimhot

Reaction score
I got the package with controller and battery hub from DJI flagship store in Shanghai.

haha im new spark owner too. what i said about the controller was true? did you get the "fly more" combo?

yeah we should. wait for my controller to arrive leh.

nimhot

Reaction score
Drones whatsapp group

Anyone interested to fly together pls PM me for the whatsapp grp chat link. :)

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sure thing...i'm trying to start a new whatsapp grp. Will send you the link to join

pm you le.

Oh, all DJI drones are using same APP, DJI GO so the simulator exist for all DJI Drones, I just check on Youtube to verify.

Yes, Phantom 3 is not as portable as Spark but for a start, it should be good for a bigger device as Phantom 3 has 3 axis for video stability compared to Spark with only 2 Axis.

Eventually, I will upgrade to Mavic Pro if I want a better and portable Drone. =:p

Anyone want to fly the drone together, need some assistance and guidance from fellow Seniors here too!

i think you just go for mavic. dont waste money buying 2 drones. i tried my spark last night. very easy to fly. hovering very stable unlike racing drone.

when we meet up i will bring my racing drone too. :D

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think you just go for mavic. dont waste money buying 2 drones. i tried my spark last night. very easy to fly. hovering very stable unlike racing drone.

when we meet up i will bring my racing drone too. :D

Brother, I do not want to invest so much for a startup newbie who do not know how to fly, I think 2nd hand phantom 3 is good enough considering the price is slightly higher than a new Toy Drone like Hubsan H501S.

Eventually, I will upgrade to Mavic Pro later from Phantom 3 as the video stability and quality is what I want for a Drone and not the speed. =:p

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brother, I do not want to invest so much for a startup newbie who do not know how to fly, I think 2nd hand phantom 3 is good enough considering the price is slightly higher than a new Toy Drone like Hubsan H501S.

Eventually, I will upgrade to Mavic Pro later from Phantom 3 as the video stability and quality is what I want for a Drone and not the speed. =:p

how much is second hand mavic?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.