EDMW Knife Collectors

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
You do realize, that all the insults being hurled around is by your group. By far, a few of you are upset, at least two is hurling insults at me and a few is calling me a troll.
I am pointing out the fact that collecting knives isn't healthy. I wouldn't encourage 3 year old to collect them. Neither would I call it a hobby. Let's just call you guys-the overly enthusiastic knives collectors. I am not implying that everyone who collect knives have problems. Chef collect knives too, case and point.

You have your point, but do you realize that what you first suggested that knife collectors have severe medical conditions like those that you mentioned? It might not seem much to you, but I'm quite offended by that. Not because I get all butthurt that someone said we have penile dysfunction, but your accusation is both untrue and irrelevant to the topic. Do you realize that the conversation we are having now stems from the very fact that you made that mindless accusation?

There is no need for unpleasant sentiments in this thread. Sure, you might not recommend this to a kid. I wouldn't too. But that doesn't mean that I shouldn't consider this a hobby. What's the definition of a hobby? Is there a specific definition that excludes knives?

There are already many misunderstandings and stereotypes surrounding knives. We don't have to fuel this trend. Rather than pointing at us and calling us psychopaths for what we love, why can't we try to educate people that knives are dangerous only in the wrong hands? Like what vespaguy said, a knife is only as dangerous as the one who wields it. I'm pretty sure I can maim and kill with a pen. Why not impose a body check and arrest all the teachers and business man alike?

There are two sides to a coin. You don't have to demean something to state your point. Yes, we understand knives are dangerous and it is unusual, but that doesn't mean that it should be illegal and that it is not a legitimate hobby. If you don't like the word "hobby", think of it as a pastime for us.
Suit yourself.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
alan, post the video on how maddog makes his blades - that is really a good video to watch as well.

side topic - my flashlight just died (I left the battery in it for too long, now it's all melted and gooey). where's the cheapest place to get sunwayman flashlights? =:p

oh....look, there's a squirrel there....:s13::s13::s13:

Monster Boon

Banned
Reaction score
And I believe there's no concrete proof that knife collectors is psychotic and suffering from a medical condition relating to their privates. If you do have CONCRETE and SCIENTIFIC proof, please feel free to present the facts here. I cordially invite you to do so.
According to Sigmund Freud, knives, dagger and spear- such penetrative tools is a phallic symbol.
Hence, knife itself represent masculinity. The roots of the problem comes from women's charter. They have effectively caused emasculation amongst Singaporean men. It wouldn't be efficient and probable to check the health of every knives collector. Therefore I urge you to get check-only when you're ready. Getting help when you need is the most important thing. I do hope you well.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
According to Sigmund Freud, knives, dagger and spear- such penetrative tools is a phallic symbol.
Hence, knife itself represent masculinity. The roots of the problem comes from women's charter. They have effectively caused emasculation amongst Singaporean men. It wouldn't be efficient and probable to check the health of every knives collector. Therefore I urge you to get check-only when you're ready. Getting help when you need is the most important thing. I do hope you well.

I guess my penis is functioning well. I have a son coming next year April. Does that still justify your claim?

I won't stop you from having your views. But please do know that some things are better left unsaid. You don't go about telling the government how much you hate them, do you? You'll probably end up in their bad books. I once again remind you that we want no ruckus here. You might not appreciate collecting high end knives, but I'm sure plenty of us do. So there's no need for an argument on the necessity of it, we all have an answer of our own. And let's not relate knives and penises. The last I read of such references were in news articles, with the latter being removed by the former.

alantcy

Reaction score
alan, post the video on how maddog makes his blades - that is really a good video to watch as well.

side topic - my flashlight just died (I left the battery in it for too long, now it's all melted and gooey). where's the cheapest place to get sunwayman flashlights? =:p

hahah, is that a quote from gggear?
fstop has them if u need it fast. :)

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score

Get from Steven of FStopLights. He still has some real chic SWM for sale. Reasonably priced too. I believe the V10R Ti+ is the last he have for sale now. I heard from him they're discontinuing the V10R Ti series.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks, I didn't even know there's a sunwayman dealer here. his price is good, yes? is it the listed price or is there a discount if I give a special handshake/nod?

but most models are out of stock...hmmmm. need to have something handy in the gear bag, in the vespa glove box. I'm set for the home for now, have my incand for squirrel watching, lol :D

Last edited:

Monster Boon

Banned
Reaction score
You have your point, but do you realize that what you first suggested that knife collectors have severe medical conditions like those that you mentioned? It might not seem much to you, but I'm quite offended by that. Not because I get all butthurt that someone said we have penile dysfunction, but your accusation is both untrue and irrelevant to the topic. Do you realize that the conversation we are having now stems from the very fact that you made that mindless accusation?

There is no need for unpleasant sentiments in this thread. Sure, you might not recommend this to a kid. I wouldn't too. But that doesn't mean that I shouldn't consider this a hobby. What's the definition of a hobby? Is there a specific definition that excludes knives?

There are already many misunderstandings and stereotypes surrounding knives. We don't have to fuel this trend. Rather than pointing at us and calling us psychopaths for what we love, why can't we try to educate people that knives are dangerous only in the wrong hands? Like what vespaguy said, a knife is only as dangerous as the one who wields it. I'm pretty sure I can maim and kill with a pen. Why not impose a body check and arrest all the teachers and business man alike?

There are two sides to a coin. You don't have to demean something to state your point. Yes, we understand knives are dangerous and it is unusual, but that doesn't mean that it should be illegal and that it is not a legitimate hobby. If you don't like the word "hobby", think of it as a pastime for us.
Suit yourself.

Firstly, there is no mindless accusations to begin with. I am not accusing anyone of anything.
Please take note, I did not at any point of time, call anyone-a psychopath.
Neither did I state that knives are dangerous. It is called psychoanalysis, what I did is breaking down the possibility of why people collect knives.
You do not need to be reactionary. Calm down, I am not imposing you or threatening you. I never will consider myself 100% correct because deduction is a philosophical fallacy. I do however have my own conclusion and opinions about knives collectors. Emasculation, impotence, erectile dysfunction, micro penis or inferior complex.
I am not saying that everyone who collects knives have problems. Chef collect knives too, case and point.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
thanks, I didn't even know there's a sunwayman dealer here. his price is good, yes? is it the listed price or is there a discount if I give a special handshake/nod?

Hmm, not sure of that. But the price seems pretty reasonabl, unless to compare it to getting it from USA of course.
I think it's $200+ for the V10R Ti+. I got mine for US$160.

alantcy

Reaction score

I bought from them a couple of times, they do have clearance sales from time to time. But cheaper i guess if you just that one light or two, just less of a hassle to deal with overseas shipping.
The toys i wanna get seldom appear in two places for me to compare prices, so i just seize the opportunity when it comes. :)

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Firstly, there is no mindless accusations to begin with. I am not accusing anyone of anything.
Please take note, I did not at any point of time, call anyone-a psychopath.
Neither did I state that knives are dangerous. It is called psychoanalysis, what I did is breaking down the possibility of why people collect knives.
You do not need to be reactionary. Calm down, I am not imposing you or threatening you. I never will consider myself 100% correct because deduction is a philosophical fallacy. I do however have my own conclusion and opinions about knives collectors. Emasculation, impotence, erectile dysfunction, micro penis or inferior complex.
I am not saying that everyone who collects knives have problems. Chef collect knives too, case and point.

I apologize if I had taken your words otherwise. But then again, why such a sensitive reference? Of course you can have your deductions, but why publish it here? We'll welcome you to share your views on knife collecting, but I can't hold a calm conversation with one that starts the discussion with such a reference. You're entitled to your views, but don't think it is very discerning to propose that those medical conditions are the cause of our hobby. That's a very bold statement.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow congrats ... so young father liao ... ;)

I read somewhere that someone actually used his EDC to cut the umblical cord of his newborn, after the doctor sterilised it of course. Now that would be memorable for both father and kid ;)

yes, congrats sigma. you can share your hobby with your kid too - I got my first penknife from my Dad (it was a piece of junk =:p) but it sure got me interested from a young age, I think I was 9 or 10. scouting, gadget buiding and backwoods cooking and a proper swiss army knife from my uncle did the rest :s13::s13::s13:

PeasantNo18

Reaction score

Thanks for your concern, however you cannot assume that all knifenuts are males.
Perhaps it would be fine if I raise my own concerns too?
I took a look at your recent posts and it seems that you might want to visit a psychologist.
It seems that you like to demean people and I'm afraid it a sign of hidden anger.

It's a tragedy waiting to happen. Therefore I urge you to make an appointment before it's too late. :o

Getting help when you need is the most important thing.

helisiao

Reaction score
People who collect things are compulsive. But why do you care, its none of your business.
I dont understand why gays like people of the same sex, but why do I care, its none of my business. Plus they dont hurt nor affect me.
Your brain collects dust also, but why do I care, its none of my business

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah, I miss my gransfors bruks but did not use it enough to justify keeping it. I'm thinking of another smaller belt axe again, lol.

No squirrels today? :s13:

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Have, got squirrels. :D one lazy squirrel here!

Anyway guys, let's say if I do a run of brass and 2024 Al beads, who'd be interested? Of course, the moonglow will be following closely, but not as of yet until I figure out how to glue it firmly together!

Anyone would be interested? The beads will NOT be for trits, I have yet to make a decent jig for trits so that will have to wait. Unless I take a gamble this coming week and do one freehanded. :D

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Have, got squirrels. :D one lazy squirrel here!

Anyway guys, let's say if I do a run of brass and 2024 Al beads, who'd be interested? Of course, the moonglow will be following closely, but not as of yet until I figure out how to glue it firmly together!

Anyone would be interested? The beads will NOT be for trits, I have yet to make a decent jig for trits so that will have to wait. Unless I take a gamble this coming week and do one freehanded. :D

would love to support but I'm not into the bead-thing. Don't know what to do with them - I have some nice tritium ones, they're sitting in my drawer, illunminating the space for the woodgnats and what not =:p

brass is good, it will form a nice patina over time. Good luck with the milling, I would love to see pics when you've finished them. If you do make a 6 shooter revolver bead with trits someday, that would be :s12:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.