HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1277Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #3586

I see, I had that thought a few before. And now I'm prepared to take a $1200 plunge for a knife I can truly call my own. It's got all the eye candy yoru eye wanna see, and all the personal touch you wanna have. I find this more worthwhile than buying all those mass production knives. And let's just say I can't say no to full titanium knives.
My max budget is now $20 only. I think I would never reach a budget of $1200 on a knife
radiancez567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #3587

My max budget is now $20 only. I think I would never reach a budget of $1200 on a knife
Well, you may not or you just might! Only time will tell.
Sigmazxcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #3588

Well, you may not or you just might! Only time will tell.
knife collection..is a natural progress, taste changes and evolve into more complexity. When first started i thought the spydy hole is so ugly and never wanted to buy one, now after handling it, it not only feels good but looks good too with the hole. ;-)
sojourn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #3589

knife collection..is a natural progress, taste changes and evolve into more complexity. When first started i thought the spydy hole is so ugly and never wanted to buy one, now after handling it, it not only feels good but looks good too with the hole. ;-)
I still have my reservations on the spydie hole being something I want on my EDC, even though I own an Endura 4. :/ and yes, tastes changes. I'm very very attracted my metal surfaces even though carbon fiber was my holy grail back then.

And oh, I just ordered a lanyard bead and made a two bight Turks head lanyard for my shallot. The lanyard bead is polished brass with 3 ice blue tritium inserts. Cost me SGD$100... And I have some shipment of paracord coming in too. Gonna make more lanyards for sale.

And will any of you be interested in moonglow lanyard beads? They are STUNNING. I'll be buying some raw sheets of moonglow and fabricate my own. I'll post pictures upon completion!
Old 14-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #3590

I still have my reservations on the spydie hole being something I want on my EDC, even though I own an Endura 4. :/ and yes, tastes changes. I'm very very attracted my metal surfaces even though carbon fiber was my holy grail back then.

And oh, I just ordered a lanyard bead and made a two bight Turks head lanyard for my shallot. The lanyard bead is polished brass with 3 ice blue tritium inserts. Cost me SGD$100... And I have some shipment of paracord coming in too. Gonna make more lanyards for sale.

And will any of you be interested in moonglow lanyard beads? They are STUNNING. I'll be buying some raw sheets of moonglow and fabricate my own. I'll post pictures upon completion!

i am not into this stage yet.. $100 for some beads..thats way too high for me.
haha..
i am still waiting for my Oeser swayback coming in..hopefully not too much hassle..
sojourn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #3591

i am not into this stage yet.. $100 for some beads..thats way too high for me.
haha..
i am still waiting for my Oeser swayback coming in..hopefully not too much hassle..
Hahaha, I wanted some awesome bling. I originally wanted a titanium one, which they produced, but in a limited run of 10 pieces. So I had to get the brass instead. I like glowing stuffs like tritium that's why. Now I'm looking at glowing alternatives, so I'm bringing in materials to experiment.

http://www.blackbadger.se/shop/isotope-titanium-and-moonglow/
I got some inspiration from the above ring. I'll make it into lanyard bead size with the same glow material. Hope it works out!
Old 14-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #3592
High Supremacy Member

who got butterfly knofe to sell?
Old 14-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #3593

Hi, letting go my Hinderer XM-18 3" Slicer 20CV (Orange G10 + Sterile blade). Got this from bro nilfire77 earlier and totally unused. Letting it go @ $650 (Cheapest hinderer you can find in the market). Sms me at 9322-7427 to own this hinderer

Final price reduction S$600.
fishcake2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #3594

Hi, butterfly knives are banned IIRC. unless you're looking for a trainer balisong that is. You can find a trainer balisong from Hornest for $250 I think. Not cheap for a trainer blade.
Old 14-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #3595

Get yours here!
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ge...t-4193207.html
alantcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #3596

must be a young fella

anyways, see here:
EDMW Knife Collectors

I do believe the authorities deem balisongs in the same class as gravity knives and thus they are prohibited.

Last edited by vespaguy; 16-06-2013 at 01:31 PM..
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #3597

The Will Moon looks good...I like the review/reviewer. Do show off when you get it.
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #3598

I think you'll need to wait till next year for me to show off the Will Moon! HAHAHAHA.

oh by the way, I dropped by some knife shops today and saw that my Skeletool CX is SO OVERPRICED here! $210++ when my uncle only bought it for USD$60! Such atrocity. Can't even imagine the price someone will pay for my Kershaw Shallot DLC when I only paid US$35 for it. I saw the smaller plain Scallion for over $100 at Clark quay.

Also dropped by Black Tactical today. Giving everyone here a heads-up. Saw a well made Chris Reeves Sebenza Full Ti for only $180, original Benchmade 710 D2 steel for $350 (very tempted) and a Damascus Emerson for $800 (would rather buy a Will Moon custom to my liking for that price).
Anyone who wants something interesting or just a try on a certain maker should totally go down. Especially new knifeknuts. Not advertising, just voicing my experience there!
Got some new hoots today too.
Old 18-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #3599

Just now chua sai.
Just get off bus at punggol interchange only, 2 police come screen me. I was EDC-ing my kershaw shallot. Search bag but didn't see it in my pocket. I was really lucky.
Heads up guys, police spot check today.

Any idea how to avoid getting detained by police because of an EDC knife? Will kena confiscated?
Old 18-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #3600
High Supremacy Member

actually..just curious...why bring these around?

also...buy liao..do what with it?

always wanted to get a knife..but..then...cant show this..show that..cant cut anything..as in cut what?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.