Old 18-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #3601

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ge...e-4164273.html

Bump for some exposure, pls help to clear
alantcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #3602

Are hatchets allowed?

I'm salivating at this:

oh man i can't post links. google Joseph Bowen Micro Hatchet

and i'm waiting for my Higo knife to arrive....
tragic_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #3603

actually..just curious...why bring these around?

also...buy liao..do what with it?

always wanted to get a knife..but..then...cant show this..show that..cant cut anything..as in cut what?
That's what I started with. Thoughts like what you're having.
But I guess you don't have to show everyone the things you like. And knife collecting is quite subjective, I have my friends thinking I'm deranged and not very sound in the head, but owning more than one knife doesn't mean we have to be mad or psychotic right?

If you feel like collecting, start of with cheaper ones. I carry mine around for convenience and as a habit formed in Paris.
It's better to have a knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it. I use it for my US packages, letters and also paracord weaving. If you worked with paracord, you know how much of a pain it is to cut it without a sharp blade.
Sigmazxcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #3604

Are hatchets allowed?

I'm salivating at this:

oh man i can't post links. google Joseph Bowen Micro Hatchet

and i'm waiting for my Higo knife to arrive....
Not too sure about that. My guess is that it's alright.
Maybe wait for vespaguy and Alan to chime in?
Old 18-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #3605
High Supremacy Member

That's what I started with. Thoughts like what you're having.
But I guess you don't have to show everyone the things you like. And knife collecting is quite subjective, I have my friends thinking I'm deranged and not very sound in the head, but owning more than one knife doesn't mean we have to be mad or psychotic right?

If you feel like collecting, start of with cheaper ones. I carry mine around for convenience and as a habit formed in Paris.
It's better to have a knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it. I use it for my US packages, letters and also paracord weaving. If you worked with paracord, you know how much of a pain it is to cut it without a sharp blade.
any good place to sell knives rather than sell here in the open? good safe forum sites?
Old 18-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #3606

any good place to sell knives rather than sell here in the open? good safe forum sites?
Well, if you're looking to BUY, head down to some big shops to get an idea. JUST TO GET AN IDEA. Most shops I know tend to price above what you actually pay for if you get it on your own. Some popular shops I know are Black Tactical, Hornest, Hock Gift Shop, Sheares, Ceasars, and UrbanToolHaus.

If you're looking to sell, I only know Black Tactical has resale service. They claim 30% though. Not worth the work IMO.

I think this thread is a good place to start for both buying and selling. I wouldn't see why I wouldn't buy if there's proper paperwork (if required) and meet up sales.
Old 18-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #3607

yeah the more experienced collectors. they look like bladed brass knuckles. but super chio la
tragic_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #3608

Hi guys,
I think I very 犯贱 now. Looking for a Benchmade 710 M390 steel when I could've dived on the offer from Alantcy. Totally deserve to be slapped...

Anyone got the BM 710 M390 for sale? Only looking for plain edge.
Old 18-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #3609

Axes are sold in hardware shops. They are used by gardeners, horticulturists, farmers, boys outs, ncc, npcc etc. I have had not too much trouble bringing them in, they are really agricultural tools.

The blade you are referring too isn't really a hatchet, it's just shaped like one but at 25% the size if an actual axe, lol. It's an ulu. I dont foresee problems with it. Let mw ask you though, is the ulu for use or collection? Coz the stock seems to be rather thick.

Last edited by vespaguy; 18-06-2013 at 10:29 PM..
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #3610

Just now chua sai.
Just get off bus at punggol interchange only, 2 police come screen me. I was EDC-ing my kershaw shallot. Search bag but didn't see it in my pocket. I was really lucky.
Heads up guys, police spot check today.

Any idea how to avoid getting detained by police because of an EDC knife? Will kena confiscated?
Difficult to give an answer...as I've posted before, our laws give wide discretion but at the same tine, as long as there's a reasonable purpose, and you don't present a marked profile, I dont believe the police want to harass you either. A shallot is much smaller than a paper cutter. That being said, crimewatch seems to depict that it's illegal to have a folder on you. Our laws do not however state that.
Old 18-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #3611

Difficult to give an answer...as I've posted before, our laws give wide discretion but at the same tine, as long as there's a reasonable purpose, and you don't present a marked profile, I dont believe the police want to harass you either. A shallot is much smaller than a paper cutter. That being said, crimewatch seems to depict that it's illegal to have a folder on you. Our laws do not however state that.
I see. I've heard plenty on the legality on carrying a weapon, mostly negative stuffs. And they'd most likely classify a folder as a weapon. I'm torn between the legality of EDC-ing a knife. Much more so since I'm looking at getting a larger knife like the Will Moon custom or a Benchmade 710.
Old 18-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #3612

actually..just curious...why bring these around?

also...buy liao..do what with it?

always wanted to get a knife..but..then...cant show this..show that..cant cut anything..as in cut what?
It's a tool, what's there to show? Do you feel the same need to show your screwdriver or pliers or measuring tape? If you treat it as a tool, then you'll have use for it. No need to make a big deal over carrying a tool. Discretion and responsibility /sensitivity to the perception of the general public is paramount.
Old 18-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #3613

I see. I've heard plenty on the legality on carrying a weapon, mostly negative stuffs. And they'd most likely classify a folder as a weapon. I'm torn between the legality of EDC-ing a knife. Much more so since I'm looking at getting a larger knife like the Will Moon custom or a Benchmade 710.
I think I've posted the laws quite a few times. Application is another thing. I am not privy to the objectives of the police or dpp, and the underlying rationale. What I do know is that the police would prefer if no one carried anything that can be used as a weapon. A kitchen knife, a paper cutter, a crowbar, a rock, an ice pick, a chisel...these are far deadlier, easy to obtain and disposable than your shallot. It's really the person that usea/wields the object that's more important, isn't it?
Old 18-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #3614

I think I've posted the laws quite a few times. Application is another thing. I am not privy to the objectives of the police or dpp, and the underlying rationale. What I do know is that the police would prefer if no one carried anything that can be used as a weapon. A kitchen knife, a paper cutter, a crowbar, a rock, an ice pick, a chisel...these are far deadlier, easy to obtain and disposable than your shallot. It's really the person that usea/wields the object that's more important, isn't it?
True. An object is only as dangerous as the person who wields it. Much is dependent on the intent of the user as he purposes. Somehow I have the notion that officers have a thick skull to get into, and having a rigid and sharp blade to cut paracord doesn't seem to be a firm enough reason.
Old 18-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #3615

Oh, by the way guys, I got an offer for a lighty used but in good condition Benchmade 710 D2 plain satin. Price is US$115 w/o shipping. Do you think I should jump on this offer or wait for the legendary 710 M390 steel to pop up miraculously?

Share your views please! I'd like to have some advices ASAP!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.