EDMW Knife Collectors

squarebox

Reaction score
NF9N7Ph.png

hobcraz

Reaction score
Hi guys.

poison of admiring gets deeper and wan to explore the blade and handles in microscopic.

Anyone got lobang for usb microscope. Good quality one without the hefty price like the Dino lite premier with polarizer. The agent is selling 1.1k siao.

Haha

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure...metal is tougher in cold weather and wood is super brittle. DID YOU JUST PULL THAT OUT OF YOUR ASS? You're in a knife thread, for ****'s sake. Basic metallurgy 101, ever hear of it?

Looks like somebody skipped basic physics in high school.

Here, little boy, read some basic properties about metal before opening your mouth in a grown ups forum

www -dot- chemistryexplained -dot- com/elements/T-Z/Titanium.html

And if there are more reasons, mind enlightening me? Oh wait, you can't cos you're full of **** lol.

Hey you are right!

pointing that point of basic metallurgy.

You fails to understand our modern society technology.

Let me enlighten you again on ur naïve mind. pure Titanium is super brittle in cold weather, that's why knives makers done a alloy of the material combining different materials into titanium into something useful!!!

I bet u dun know about powdered metallurgy we been having since the 90s right?

If you just wan to show you know some basic physic... well we know you know basics now!

So you still bring your wooden chopsticks into sub zero weather hiking in a 40 litres pack? I guess you like wooden chopstick more. hope they dun get crushed... just my cent of advice.

Oh. you just wan to humiliate me? well. just do it. scold me or something. Trying hard to prove that my science failed is really the... hahahahahaha

It seems like you been aiming me though your edmw account. If I offended you in anyway, I say sorry to you. Let this thread for only knives stuff.

Last edited:

CrewBoy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bookmarked go home take picture.

Had one more than 20 years ago. Bought it during scout days.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

poison of admiring gets deeper and wan to explore the blade and handles in microscopic.

Anyone got lobang for usb microscope. Good quality one without the hefty price like the Dino lite premier with polarizer. The agent is selling 1.1k siao.

Haha

hobcraz, can't help you with the microscope. but I guess you are looking to refine your edges on the WE. I think the cheap ones will do fine for that purpose?

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
nice acquisitions. I like the blue stand-off, makes things pop.

my traditional folders have arrived and now sport a fresh edge - as with many traditional knives, the edges from the shop are a little dull, especially for thicker blades. Now, my loaf of bread and hunk of cheese will have a compatible companion :s13:

ps: no bread and no cheese right now, so no pics :D

squarebox

Reaction score
wow.. I realised.. u like it so much that u ordered 2? one for use, one for keep... like a old good wine..

I always getting backups for the ones I really like to use. Just in case I ever break them or lose them.

Two is one, one is none :s22:
I love it so much I'm considering ordering a third but they're so expensive...

squarebox

Reaction score
What are the tolerances like? Is one smoother in deployment than the other?

For the USD$263.50, it's terribly poor-value for a knife. Functionality-wise, they are indifferent with smooth operation and works great as a cutting tool but when you are talking about fit & finish, they are terrible which I feel is very typical of Benchmade.

Flaws I feel that shouldn't be there at it's USD$263.50 price tag:
- inconsistent carbon fiber scale colour (both of mine are of different shade)
- inconsistent blue stand-off (both of mine are of different shade)
- the blade itself is not well grinded (see photo) (the other one is fine)
- inconsistent grind edge
- the clip dont even touch the scales (might not be secure when clipped to pocket)
- blades are not well-centered (both)

SRf5OpF.jpg

TBWpJSV.jpg

I feel that should be priced more in the USD$150 range...

I need to emphasize that when I say that such poor quality is typical of Benchmade it's from my personal experience. YMMV

If you want quality-per-dollar, better to stick with Spyderco(Japan and taiwan) and Zero Tolerance.

My personal rating in terms of fit and finish(QC):
1. Zero Tolerance (9/10)
2. Spyderco (Japan and Taiwan)(8/10)
3. Victorinox (7.5/10)
4. Spyderco (USA) (7/10)
5. Benchmade (5/10)
6. Leatherman (5/10)

If you're looking for the highest value-per-dollar knife, it would be the Manix2 S110V. It's simply a beast of a user knife.

Last edited:

mamba2012

Reaction score
For the USD$263.50, it's terribly poor-value for a knife. Functionality-wise, they are indifferent with smooth operation and works great as a cutting tool but when you are talking about fit & finish, they are terrible which I feel is very typical of Benchmade.

Flaws I feel that shouldn't be there at it's USD$263.50 price tag:
- inconsistent carbon fiber scale colour (both of mine are of different shade)
- inconsistent blue stand-off (both of mine are of different shade)
- the blade itself is not well grinded (see photo) (the other one is fine)
- inconsistent grind edge
- the clip dont even touch the scales (might not be secure when clipped to pocket)
- blades are not well-centered (both)

SRf5OpF.jpg

TBWpJSV.jpg

I feel that should be priced more in the USD$150 range...

I need to emphasize that when I say that such poor quality is typical of Benchmade it's from my personal experience. YMMV

If you want quality-per-dollar, better to stick with Spyderco(Japan and taiwan) and Zero Tolerance.

My personal rating in terms of fit and finish(QC):
1. Zero Tolerance (9/10)
2. Spyderco (Japan and Taiwan)(8/10)
3. Victorinox (7.5/10)
4. Spyderco (USA) (7/10)
5. Benchmade (5/10)
6. Leatherman (5/10)

If you're looking for the highest value-per-dollar knife, it would be the Manix2 S110V. It's simply a beast of a user knife.

Nice touch there including the point of reference. I see... Wow. I have to day that I am surprised that spyderco's outsourced blades have higher qc than the USA made ones... Have u considered a crk sebenza or umnumzaan? Perhaps if u r facing qc issues, u could consider switching up the game slightly.

sierraorchid

Reaction score
Bro, don't mind my noobness .. first post in this thread. I like knives too and my branded knife is Becker Knives BK-7.

I also have a leatherman supertool 300 which is my EDC cos I always help relatives & friends fix things & the supertool 300 is very versatile.

Anyway, my question for all the experts here is: do you all have any recommendations for a multi tool with similar versatility as the supertool 300 but more robust?

And also recommendations for a knife sharpener?

squarebox

Reaction score
Nice touch there including the point of reference. I see... Wow. I have to day that I am surprised that spyderco's outsourced blades have higher qc than the USA made ones... Have u considered a crk sebenza or umnumzaan? Perhaps if u r facing qc issues, u could consider switching up the game slightly.

I only bought this because I like 940 and 943 series. Other than that, I would have stayed away from Benchmade ever since they enforced MAP.

As you guys have seen my collection, I'm a bigger Spyderco fan than Benchmade. Simply because they have higher value-per-dollar.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.