HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

EDMW Knife Collectors

Like Tree1278Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #5116

you go get it Sigma. I probably can't afford it, without selling my sink . It looks like a great user (I don't know anything about the collectibility as I want that as a user).
Haha. I don't think I can get it too. This new year $$$ prospects looking bleak. I'd be lucky if I can keep $200!
newkidontheblock likes this.
Sigmazxcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #5117

glow in the dark knife, very cool
alantcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #5118

ok squirrels, how about pics of what you are having for your lunar new year dinner (if you do celebrate) or otherwise, and the knife you're using to cut up your dinner?
vespaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #5119
Master Member

Going out over a day: (still work in progress)

Backpack still holds Leatherman wave, gloves, spare batteries, spare boo-boo kit with saline solution, spare pens, spare writing materials, some duct tape, mirror, spare basic meds.

may i ask what backpack are u using?
couscous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #5120

may i ask what backpack are u using?
Currently using a Maxpedition/Magforce Falcon II.

Things attached outside the pack : Kor Delta 750ml, compact umbrella, 4x Grimloc, 2x custom reflectors.

Still consider to buy another pack as backup.
"Two is one. One is none."

Cant decide on my next pack:
- TAD EDC
- TAD Litespeed
- Camelbak HAWG
- Mystery Ranch 3-Day assault
- Kifaru Xing

Last edited by squarebox; 30-01-2014 at 11:22 PM..
squarebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #5121

Hey guys. US$800 for shirogorov T100 Axis lock worth it?
I saw it go for $560 before though... Not sure if I should skip the spyderco manix 2 for a shirogorov later this year.
Old 31-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #5122

Wishing everyone a happy year of the Horse~
马上有钱 ! Huat ah!

Old 31-01-2014, 02:00 AM   #5123

I saw it go for $560 before though... Not sure if I should skip the spyderco manix 2 for a shirogorov later this year.
It's a great looking knife but I refuse to support the secondary market :/ Unless you can get it close to it's original cost, I rather get a equally performing Spyderco Military for much less or Sebenza.

For US$800, I rather have a rockstead. Hopefully I have time to visit them when I go to Japan in July.

Last edited by squarebox; 31-01-2014 at 02:02 AM..
squarebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #5124

Wishing everyone a happy year of the Horse~
马上有钱 ! Huat ah!

now that is a 300% return on investment if I saw one. Do you have a pic of it in hand?

Happy Horse Year everyone!
Old 31-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #5125

Sigma, if you plan early and reserve early enough, you may be able to get them around USD600 ish, don't forget shipping. Shirogorovs are fetching prices upwards of USD1000 these days, and when I was selling mine last year or the year before, interest was low because nobody knew much about them, I could probably get twice what I got for that Shirogorov-Sinkevich collab. Try emailing Shirogorov directly to see what they have in stock, but paying to them directly is troublesome and so is the shipping.
Old 31-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #5126

I think rockstead and shirogorovs are different animals. Rockstead has great precision and fit and finish, peppered with a lot of Japanese-I-think-I'm-better-than-everyone-else philosophy too. hence the price. Shirogorov is basically a Western knifemaker (the 2 brothers) appealing to trends - lots of milling, machining, latest western steels, bearings and the latest trends. Plus the bear logo is really cool. At the prices Rockstead is charging, I wish they used titanium instead of aluminium. Honestly, I find the USD900ish prices a little off-putting.

Last edited by vespaguy; 04-02-2014 at 04:19 PM..
Old 31-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #5127

Currently using a Maxpedition/Magforce Falcon II.

Things attached outside the pack : Kor Delta 750ml, compact umbrella, 4x Grimloc, 2x custom reflectors.

Still consider to buy another pack as backup.
"Two is one. One is none."

Cant decide on my next pack:
- TAD EDC
- TAD Litespeed
- Camelbak HAWG
- Mystery Ranch 3-Day assault
- Kifaru Xing
Don't buy Tad packs - they suck.

It's a pity you didn't already get the MRs from Hornest last year or so when they were still made in Bozeman. I think the 3D is now made offshore? I like MR's harness, very comfortable. MR's harness is better than Arcteryx, IMO. Kifaru - I've only tried the Marauder - didn't like it at all - too old skool tech. I hope to trade my Arc for the Kifaru X-ray though, better for my purpose. These days, I try to avoid too much molle on the outside, in line with being grey.
Old 31-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #5128

Sigma, if you plan early and reserve early enough, you may be able to get them around USD600 ish, don't forget shipping. Shirogorovs are fetching prices upwards of USD1000 these days, and when I was selling mine last year or the year before, interest was low because nobody knew much about them, I could probably get twice what I got for that Shirogorov-Sinkevich collab. Try emailing Shirogorov directly to see what they have in stock, but paying to them directly is troublesome and so is the shipping.
I'm planning to buy somewhere around June or so. Depending on how fast I can raise the cash.
Will Moon is selling his T100 for $800. A little steep since I saw mod 110 (basically almost the same) for only $575 and $650. So I'm thinking real damn hard. I wouldn't mind the hassle in getting direct from shirogorov. But issue lies with how to get him. I recall hearing that the wait list is now 3 years...
Old 31-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #5129

I think rockstead and shirogorovs are different animals. Rockstead has great precision and fit and finish, peppered with a lot of Japanese-I-think-I'm-better-than-everyone-else philosophy too. hence the price. Shirogorov is basically a Western knifemaker (the 2 brothers) appealing to trends - lots of milling, machining, latest western steels, bearings and the latest trends. Plus the bear logo is really cool. At the prices Rockstead is charging, I wish they used titanium instead of aluminium. Honestly, I find the USD900ish prices a little off-putting. And they don't even resharpen for free.
I don't really like rocksteed. I mean, I like how sharp it is, slicing phone books and stuff. But it's just like a laser blade on a $30 knife. Looks too simple and utilitarian for me. I like something dressier.
Old 31-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #5130

now that is a 300% return on investment if I saw one. Do you have a pic of it in hand?

Happy Horse Year everyone!
Its the same size as your 777.
You can find online video reviews of it on hand.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.