Feedback and suggestions for improvement of Hobby Lovers forum

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Am seeking your feedback and suggestions for improvement of this forum section. E.g. What you would like to see more of, or any other issues. Feel free to give a grading with a scale of 1-10 on the current situation, or anything at all. Also, would most appreciate if you could state in your opinion/suggestion, what would make the score a 10/10.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
TheoDR

SGSpirit

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Am seeking your feedback and suggestions for improvement of this forum section. E.g. What you would like to see more of, or any other issues. Feel free to give a grading with a scale of 1-10 on the current situation, or anything at all. Also, would most appreciate if you could state in your opinion/suggestion, what would make the score a 10/10.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
TheoDR

i think most of the hobby lover here are selling or buying they hobby related items and kits... my suggest is to have a thread for buying and selling only for the hobby lover thread so that they would not have to find through all the or sales thread in the market place... there is too many threads there...

thanks

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i think most of the hobby lover here are selling or buying they hobby related items and kits... my suggest is to have a thread for buying and selling only for the hobby lover thread so that they would not have to find through all the or sales thread in the market place... there is too many threads there...

thanks

Thanks for the suggestion! Will check with the admin on their views regarding this. :D

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
the one main thing here is the traffic :(

no one visit.. improvement also no use :(

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ok la, one baby step at a time. :D After all, hobbies are about fun, if hobbies aren't fun, no one would want any hobbies, eh? :D :o

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

thanks

Hi SGSpirit,

Have checked with the admin and a sales thread in Hobby Lovers has a no go. However, would you all be interested in having a hobby specific sub forum under Marketplace? That way everyone doesn't have to sift through the huge mass of other non-hobby related sale threads.

If there's sufficient interest in such a sub forum, it can be started off as a "trial" within the General Merchandise forum.

What do you all think? :)

oslove

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea!!
Hi SGSpirit,

Have checked with the admin and a sales thread in Hobby Lovers has a no go. However, would you all be interested in having a hobby specific sub forum under Marketplace? That way everyone doesn't have to sift through the huge mass of other non-hobby related sale threads.

If there's sufficient interest in such a sub forum, it can be started off as a "trial" within the General Merchandise forum.

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea!!

Thanks mate, I'll create a poll here to garner support for such a sub forum so that the admin can take things further if possible. :)

Knightrider3K

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi SGSpirit,

tats a great idea.. if we have our own sales thread within hobby lovers, other sections will demand e same treatment. organizing e marketplace is a gd idea!

that place is a mess (no offence intended)

Thx, Theodr

the one main thing here is the traffic :(

no one visit.. improvement also no use :(

hobby deals with veri specific ppl/grp .. tats y traffic is low.. but i think its better...
at least u post here it wont b lost in e endless threads like in EDMW..

Last edited:

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
tats a great idea.. if we have our own sales thread within hobby lovers, other sections will demand e same treatment. organizing e marketplace is a gd idea!

that place is a mess (no offence intended)

Thx, Theodr

hobby deals with veri specific ppl/grp .. tats y traffic is low.. but i think its better...
at least u post here it wont b lost in e endless threads like in EDMW..

LOL no prob and most welcome, the admin were probably aware of that problem as well. Having a hobby specific marketplace should help make things a lot less messy for hobbyists :D

In the meantime, do feel free to give suggestions on improving Hobby Lovers too! :D

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
TheoDR

Any further updates as to the implementation of the sale forum for Hobby Lovers?

I agree that it shouldn'e be sub-divided into other categories, else it would be hell of a messy to navigate.

Hi Clipper! Currently waiting for it to be implemented. :D

simcher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TheoDR, would like to clarify with you regarding MO, is it possible for us to create MO here, as in special condition kinda thing? because sometimes, shipping item from overseas are cheaper if we actually have people sharing the shipping cost, which i'm sure you are also aware of :p

Hopefully you can help talk to the administrators and see what is their view on this, i know PM are still viable, but response might not be as good, if we can openly post MO thread here, i'm sure we can save even more on shipping...

Hope to hear favourable reply from you~~

Thanks~~~

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
TheoDR, would like to clarify with you regarding MO, is it possible for us to create MO here, as in special condition kinda thing? because sometimes, shipping item from overseas are cheaper if we actually have people sharing the shipping cost, which i'm sure you are also aware of :p

Hopefully you can help talk to the administrators and see what is their view on this, i know PM are still viable, but response might not be as good, if we can openly post MO thread here, i'm sure we can save even more on shipping...

Hope to hear favourable reply from you~~

Thanks~~~

Hi simcher!

I'll check for you though I think the admin will prefer that MOs be conducted in the MO forums. One alternative to consider in the meantime may be to post a thread here informing that there is a hobby related MO in the MO forum?

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions, appreciate it lots! :D

simcher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If we are allowed to post on thread saying that we have a MO over at MO forum, i think there is no issue already~ thanks alot~

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If we are allowed to post on thread saying that we have a MO over at MO forum, i think there is no issue already~ thanks alot~

Ah, icic, I think on my side I've no prob with a thread created here that links MO threads from HWZ's MO forum. Perhaps we can have a single MO link thread here which consolidates all the links? That way Hobby Lovers won't be flooded with linking threads. :s13: :o

Members could probably post their links in that thread which can then have the first post updated so that others won't have to browse through the entire thread looking for what's being MO-ed.

Might be good to have 2 of these "conditions" (for lack of a better term) for such a thread too..

1) Only for MOs that're conducted in HWZ's MO forum. Reason being that MOs there are only allowed to be conducted by HWZ-approved members, so its probably more secure.

2) Questions etc should be posted in the original MO thread so that the linking thread will be more tidy and without irrelevant posts.

What do you think of this? :)

simcher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think your idea will work great! this way the forum won't get flooded with "xxx's MO" or "yyy's MO" :p but the idea of getting to be a HWZ approved MO'er is daunting...

The most daunting part, is we have to be a Deluxe Member... which... 90% of us here... don't :p i might consider one if i see good offer for it though :p

My main concern now is because most of us don't have DM, so we actually have to sign up as DM then we can create MO to share good deals with others... seems like we have to spend $ to save $ with others. I personally don't earn anything from it, we help one another mah, that's what hobby is about to me... it's all about sharing~ while i believe 99% of MO from MO forum are about profit and revenues :p

I hope i did not seems offending in my post... Just trying to suggest ways to improve this forum~ but I understand that there is a security issue for MO and DM are more "safe" because you guys have their particulars haha...

cheers~~~~~~

Last edited:

TheoDR

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think your idea will work great! this way the forum won't get flooded with "xxx's MO" or "yyy's MO" :p but the idea of getting to be a HWZ approved MO'er is daunting...

The most daunting part, is we have to be a Deluxe Member... which... 90% of us here... don't :p i might consider one if i see good offer for it though :p

My main concern now is because most of us don't have DM, so we actually have to sign up as DM then we can create MO to share good deals with others... seems like we have to spend $ to save $ with others. I personally don't earn anything from it, we help one another mah, that's what hobby is about to me... it's all about sharing~ while i believe 99% of MO from MO forum are about profit and revenues :p

I hope i did not seems offending in my post... Just trying to suggest ways to improve this forum~ but I understand that there is a security issue for MO and DM are more "safe" because you guys have their particulars haha...

cheers~~~~~~

Haha, no offense taken, don't worry, I understand your point of view too though I suppose HWZ has its reasons for allowing MOs to be conducted by approved deluxe members only. =:p Ha, any suggestions and feedback are always better than none at all. :D :D

pandora110

Reaction score
My main concern now is because most of us don't have DM, so we actually have to sign up as DM then we can create MO to share good deals with others... seems like we have to spend $ to save $ with others. I personally don't earn anything from it, we help one another mah, that's what hobby is about to me... it's all about sharing~ while i believe 99% of MO from MO forum are about profit and revenues

willdesired

Reaction score
Ok la, one baby step at a time. :D After all, hobbies are about fun, if hobbies aren't fun, no one would want any hobbies, eh? :D :o
I can understand your point about hobby, I also think hobbies are about fun, If a person live without any hobbies, It's no sense for them to live!:yawn:

flyfishing

Reaction score
set specific discussion forum

for example rc car, rc helicopter,rc boat and so on.

be more professional

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.