Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

TakoTako

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get Acrylic case made cheap and good?

You can try c.s.c 2nd level shop called Ng's collection, they do sell acrylic box ard 30 x 30 x 30 with wooden base not sure this the size but you can check as cost sure less then $50.

TakoTako

Reaction score
Am planning a trip to Toyko this December, any models that are exclusive to jaoan or Gundam Toyko Front that i should look out for or consider?

Am thinking of getting Sinanju Titanium, cos Singapore ones are expensive

Any advice?
Try getting those ANA limited gunpla or bandai web limited kits those sure selling ex in sg.

noForm

Reaction score
if im not wrong the only jap limited kits are those at GFT...

generally prices of gunpla in japan would be better than in SG. so shouldnt be any problem.

I suggest what freshmeat has spoken to me about getting 2 china bags from beach road and extra 2000 sing to japan for GUNDAM Collect em All!:s13::s13:

freshmeat81

Reaction score
must take ANA japan airlines then can buy right?

Can buy from Mandarake too, if he knows where to find them. But prices don't differ that much from Singapore (but still is cheaper lah).

Plus, buy liao resale value is high, but who will want to buy...

montevi

Reaction score
if im not wrong the only jap limited kits are those at GFT...

generally prices of gunpla in japan would be better than in SG. so shouldnt be any problem.

Try going to Bandai Hobby Center in Shizuoka and Gundam Museum in Tochigi. They are not that far from Tokyo and worth a day trip, I would think. And guaranteed to have lots of limited edition stuff. There is also a Gundam pavilion in Fujikyuu amusement park which have lots of Gundam goods on sale as well.

I went to the GFT in July and I was a bit disappointed... basically the exhibition wasn't as big or fantastic as I imagined and the main attraction was just a short Gundam video (albeit screened in a special dome environment so you get a 360 deg view). The special edition kits that you could buy were basically the same ones that were displayed at the NEX Gundam Expo. However, it was still a treat to see the life-sized Gundam statue outside the mall, especially at night when it lights up.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try going to Bandai Hobby Center in Shizuoka and Gundam Museum in Tochigi. They are not that far from Tokyo and worth a day trip, I would think. And guaranteed to have lots of limited edition stuff. There is also a Gundam pavilion in Fujikyuu amusement park which have lots of Gundam goods on sale as well.

I went to the GFT in July and I was a bit disappointed... basically the exhibition wasn't as big or fantastic as I imagined and the main attraction was just a short Gundam video (albeit screened in a special dome environment so you get a 360 deg view). The special edition kits that you could buy were basically the same ones that were displayed at the NEX Gundam Expo. However, it was still a treat to see the life-sized Gundam statue outside the mall, especially at night when it lights up.

Bandai Hobby centre is not open to general public. entry is by ballot every month and limited to a few ppl only

sliver0503

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
completed this yest
20120912_221730.jpg

more pics can be found here

Silencer

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who are asking what is the difference between PG Strike Freedom and this, yes, the articulation and internal skeleton details are different... The most obvious difference is the internal lighting... Only manage to build mine halfway, but u can see the lighting effect (its bright, trust me....)

img20120906005039.jpg

img20120906005024.jpg

Is it using AA size batts?
Where is the batts?

chaurjyh

Reaction score
Is it using AA size batts?
Where is the batts?

Yes, it is using 3 AA batteries. The Batts are hidden inside the base itself. When you construct the base, there are long thin metal plates that guide power to the tip of the base holder (which connects to your gundam). Without the base, the gundam will not light up, as all the power source is from the base.

Spector1986

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is using 3 AA batteries. The Batts are hidden inside the base itself. When you construct the base, there are long thin metal plates that guide power to the tip of the base holder (which connects to your gundam). Without the base, the gundam will not light up, as all the power source is from the base.

Will u be painting it?

wolvie77

Reaction score
tutorials to build gundam kits

Hi! all. can recommend any good tutorial sites i can refer to? would like to start gundam modeling as a hobby.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.