import knife to Singapore

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #1

import knife to Singapore

Hi Bros,

Need your advise.
I plan to buy some knifes from Amazon for collection and use it during camping/hiking, the prices to buy the items at local shop here is v expensive.

The knife is around 3"-5" blade, and it only can be shipped within USA. So i plan to use some provider to bring it to Singapore

I plan to get SOG Seal Pup elite

I have checked with these 3 providers:
comgateway
borderlink
vpost

but all of them said they don't ship knife to Singapore because it's inside their prohibited items list.

I have read some forums, some said it's ok to bring to Singapore since it's legal to own but it's illegal to carry on the street without good reason.
And just need to bring to SPF A&E when the items arrive for inspection and approval if needed?

Any bro has similar experience of buying knife online and bring it to Singapore? can share their experience?
Any idea what's the process like and what's the reasonably cheap provider i can use to send in those items?

Thank you

Regards
Luke
daemonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #2

only certain knives are allowed.

NO double edged blades, butterfly knives.
and theres a certain length restriction i think, 15cm? not veru sure..

if it doesnt pass, the ICA/police will retain it and u have to personally go down to open/collect the item.

u can ask the seller to ship the item directly to ur address.
cheetah1852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.