The LEGO thread [STRICTLY NO SALES!] - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, Chinese Yuan devalue, make it more expensive to buy from Amazon?

I also read that some credit cards also increase conversion fees for payments in overseas currencies?

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw from AFOL forum that Wall-E was available for preorder for a short period of time at Amazon, but now item is OOS. :eek:

Price is USD60, same as TBBT, so local price should be $120 or even more, given it has close to 700 pieces, i.e. the biggest Ideas set so far!

Brickset.com as of now indicates over 2000 people who wants this set. This could be the hottest Ideas set ever!!

Godzila

Reaction score
Saw from AFOL forum that Wall-E was available for preorder for a short period of time at Amazon, but now item is OOS. :eek:

Price is USD60, same as TBBT, so local price should be $120 or even more, given it has close to 700 pieces, i.e. the biggest Ideas set so far!

Brickset.com as of now indicates over 2000 people who wants this set. This could be the hottest Ideas set ever!!

not surprising ....

nowadays most lego set are hot property .:s22:

the power of lego . :D

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can only see but cannot buy! :(

Sets like this you can guarantee ppl will buy multiple.

trashedbox

Reaction score

$120...
So ex :(

Tong_Zhi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Damn! I go and see can't find already

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check with you guys, I was credited with a shipping refund via Paypal, previously the refunds were directly to my CC card, but this time I received a msg asking me to accept or reject, of which I accepted.

Does this mean the money is now in Paypal acc instead of credit back to my CC? Is there an option to put the money to my cc?

blackman88

Reaction score
It will stay in your PayPal account. If the refund is in foreign currency and you want to transfer out, you will lost some in conversion rate. I think there is a minimum amount in order to cash out. Why not use it for your next purchase?

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will stay in your PayPal account. If the refund is in foreign currency and you want to transfer out, you will lost some in conversion rate. I think there is a minimum amount in order to cash out. Why not use it for your next purchase?

If use for next purchase and amt not enough it will auto minus this amt and remaining auto deduct from cc?

dezire89

Reaction score
anyone know which is the upcoming mono-store to have 20%? want to buy modular (detective house)

sci80251

Reaction score
anyone know which is the upcoming mono-store to have 20%? want to buy modular (detective house)

Possibly none.

Because no monostore has done any 20% off storewide sale this year (excluding SC Tiong Bahru closing down sale)

Based on 2014, 20% sale schedule is as follows:

Feb - Bricksworld (did not take place in 2015)
Jul - Bricksempire (did not take place in 2015)
Aug - Brickshop (still waiting...)
Sep - Toyshunt (can someone ask Alex??)

Last edited:

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Probably none. Can check out local ebay which usually had the exclusive sets at between 10 to 20% off SRP price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.