HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree882Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #2476
Master Member

The class 0 and class 1 refers to the fire rating properties of the insulation. I dont think it has anything to do with which one can absorb water better from the piping.

If you use 16mm instead of 13mm, it will have more space for the water to flow and for dirt build up despite all aircon outlets is if the same size.
I will say 16mm will prolong the time taken for water leak to happen. It will not prevent the issue. Only way to prevent it is with regular servicing.

Amraflex is more commonly used by aircon installers. Installer will not want to use a material that will give problems later on as they provide a one year warrt.
1/2 insulation is more commonly used for aircon piping that are installed above false ceiling to help better prevent condensation as the ceiling is of a different temp then the room.

For the insurance thing, i am not sure. I would not comment.
oh? that's interesting.

so the ratings has nothing to do with insulation property then?

also what is fire rating then? fire-resistance? if so, which is better? 0 or 1?
Old 27-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #2477

I went to Best Tech at IMM today and the Sales lady mentioned something which is contradicting to what I have learned from this thread.

1. She mentioned that Kflex class 1 insulation is actually better than Armaflex class 0. She showed me the samples of both and pointed out that the Kflex material is more dense compared to Armaflex class 0. When I looked at both indeed Kflex is more dense.

2. When I requested for 1/2" insulation rather than the standard 3/8", she mentioned it serves no purpose and I'm only wasting my money.

3. She also mentioned that the size of the water outlet point for all air-cons are actually the same hence even if I upgrade from 13mm to 16mm it does not really help.

4. Lastly, she mentioned that most of residential fire insurance only covers for those with insulation of class 1 but not class 0 ??

Would appreciate all the air-cons gurus here can comment and advise on the above statements...

Cheers...
hahaha I went to best tech before too. I personally don't like their service...

They show the insulation kflex is more of a rubber finish. The armaflex the more foam feeling right? If they tell you 3/8 and 1/2 no diff. then ask if 2 pipe press against each other until tight tight sure won't have condensation?

Last time i went wanted to buy aircon they keep pushing mitsubishi heavy industry and not willing to tell me the price unless i buying only say can give very good price..

I ask them some technical question and they can't answer. i know liao... i don't trust them already. Ask them about cooper gauge, insulation and the r410 refrigerant. all give me funny reply. of course i know my things before i go to test their service. end up i buy from other people.

Last edited by smoothtalker; 27-10-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Old 27-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #2478

Class 0 is better then class 1 in terms of fire rating...
Old 27-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #2479

The class 0 and class 1 refers to the fire rating properties of the insulation. I dont think it has anything to do with which one can absorb water better from the piping.

If you use 16mm instead of 13mm, it will have more space for the water to flow and for dirt build up despite all aircon outlets is if the same size.
I will say 16mm will prolong the time taken for water leak to happen. It will not prevent the issue. Only way to prevent it is with regular servicing.

Amraflex is more commonly used by aircon installers. Installer will not want to use a material that will give problems later on as they provide a one year warrt.
1/2 insulation is more commonly used for aircon piping that are installed above false ceiling to help better prevent condensation as the ceiling is of a different temp then the room.

For the insurance thing, i am not sure. I would not comment.

actually i have never ever experienced any water leak(sanyo `15years; daikin 8years), been using 16mm pipes. it not the maintenance, but the routing of the pipe. if there is enough gradient, it will never have clogging issues.

yes, agree with you. 1/2in is for ceilings. the other reason why 1/2 is not really used in trunking as it is a little large and can possibly make the trunking a little too big. ie you might need to go one size bigger for the trunking.

anyway insulation is always used to prevent condensation. some people believe that it makes the aircon colder, which it does not.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #2480

looking for silent 1hp-1.5hp airconditioner, would like to know the current options (for another room).

i currently own mitsubishi MSY GE10VA . yea its silent... but would like to know its competitors, and if there's anything actually better.

1. dont need fast cooling features.
2. must be silent at all times
3. i dislike wind chill. so minimal airflow and good control of wind direction is good.
4. i dislike very very cold. cool is enough.

please suggest
thanks!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #2481

Hi, has questions regarding aircon installation. Y do the aircon installers need 2 trips to fix the aircon? Any benefit to do it in 2 trips?
thks thks
Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #2482

2 trips r for people who r doing Reno to their house.
The 1st trip to run piping, 2nd trip is to install aircon after most of Reno (built in fittings, painting) r done.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #2483

I am not sure, how they install a single window mount air conditioner

what do they install?
what do I need?

need pipe? will drip water?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #2484

U mean the box type of aircon?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #2485

I intend to get a System 3 and am not quite verse with choosing. Would prefer a recommended installer to buy from and trust them on it. Any recommendations?
Old 10-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #2486

Can look for authorized dealers or hock Wang. Active in this forum too.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #2487

Jus curious. I jus upgraded to a new multisplit inverter system today. Do they need to recharge the gas before 1st use??? My installers did the installation n went off coz they got another place to go. My system seems to be nt as cold as compared to my old system. It does nt cool the room down to 18 deg after 1 + hr. Den there after I went out and now still outside. Can only try again later. . But it might also be the hot weather due to the fact the weather is humid n warm in the afternoon and the walls r hot.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #2488
Supremacy Member

Jus curious. I jus upgraded to a new multisplit inverter system today. Do they need to recharge the gas before 1st use??? My installers did the installation n went off coz they got another place to go. My system seems to be nt as cold as compared to my old system. It does nt cool the room down to 18 deg after 1 + hr. Den there after I went out and now still outside. Can only try again later. . But it might also be the hot weather due to the fact the weather is humid n warm in the afternoon and the walls r hot.
I dont tink there is a need top up gas.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #2489

I dont tink there is a need top up gas.
Ok. Thanks. Will try again tonite.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #2490
Clone Trooper

Could you tell me what is brand/model you bought the new multi-split inverter system? Have you tried to use the powerful button on your wireless remoto control?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.