Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
hi guys. I have a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK13YL-S Inverter model in my bedroom for around 6 months. Love it so far, super quiet.

However, recently, when i set the temperature to 20-22... the aircon will cool the room until around 24-25.. and then the compressor turns off and it just uses fan to maintain temperature. I have to wait till morning time (4-5am maybe) when it can reach the desired cool temperature.

Could it be that the aircon is picking up on its own thermostat that it's already reached desired temperature, when the room is actually not that temp yet? Is this a piping issue?

Can anyone recommend any installers/contractors to help fix this?

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Wohouboy,

When was the last time you had your unit serviced?
Based on description it could be possible that your indoor unit is dirty hence the temperature sensor is not picking up the correct reading and in turn causes the unit to unload.

When the indoor unit is dirty, cool air cannot be emitted properly hence cold air will build up at the coils. The temperature sensor will then pick up the readings and unload the system even before the room is actually cooled down to the desired temperature setting whereby in actual fact, the actual room temperature is much higher. Another possibility would be lack of gas.

Best that you have your technician to come up for a check so as to determine the actual cause.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

hi guys. I have a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK13YL-S Inverter model in my bedroom for around 6 months. Love it so far, super quiet.

However, recently, when i set the temperature to 20-22... the aircon will cool the room until around 24-25.. and then the compressor turns off and it just uses fan to maintain temperature. I have to wait till morning time (4-5am maybe) when it can reach the desired cool temperature.

Could it be that the aircon is picking up on its own thermostat that it's already reached desired temperature, when the room is actually not that temp yet? Is this a piping issue?

Can anyone recommend any installers/contractors to help fix this?

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To TitanSmall,
Mit Electric is my choice.

Thanks! okay.. this is my last question and i wont disturb u anymore (i hope)... :o

my living room is about 26sqm (3.7m * 6.955m)...
which indoor unit should i get?

MSY-GE18VA
MSY-GE24VA

or even MSY-GE26VA?

Don't think it will be used very often thou... unless the weather is unbearable..

saidean

Reaction score
Toshiba aircon tripped

Hi,

My master bedroom's Toshiba aircon tripped the house.. Trying to switch it back on will trip the RCCB. When the power cables for the compressor unit outside was removed from the switch, and we switched back the fuse, no more tripping.

Can I assume the compressor unit is dead? Can it be repaired or is this a case of replacing the whole set? The Toshiba a/c is about 6 years old now (installed when flat was TOP back in 2008), used in MBR only at night daily.

The compressor is linked to one fan coil unit in the room, so is this called single split? Not sure of terminology lol. Only know PC tech :)

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Wohouboy,

When was the last time you had your unit serviced?
Based on description it could be possible that your indoor unit is dirty hence the temperature sensor is not picking up the correct reading and in turn causes the unit to unload.

When the indoor unit is dirty, cool air cannot be emitted properly hence cold air will build up at the coils. The temperature sensor will then pick up the readings and unload the system even before the room is actually cooled down to the desired temperature setting whereby in actual fact, the actual room temperature is much higher. Another possibility would be lack of gas.

Best that you have your technician to come up for a check so as to determine the actual cause.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

I believe the unit is less than 6 months old.. probably 3-4 months at the most... most units should be serviced every 6 months right?

Do you have a technician to recommend? can PM me?

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Wohouboy,

If your unit is less then 6 months old then it should be under warranty. Do contact MHI and they will send their technician down to do a check. Do note that if the problem is not due to system fault but instead due to lack of servicing etc, MHI will most probably charge for the trip. Do check with them on that when making the appointment.

You might also want to check on your warranty first as some installers provide warranty of their own. (Such as servicing must be done by them otherwise warranty will be void or warranty of certain parts etc)

For new units servicing is usually required only 1 year after installation unless you are a very heavy user. You might want to do a self check on your filters and have them washed yourself and trying again.

One other thing to check for sake of prudence. Do check if the economy mode is accidentally turned on.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

I believe the unit is less than 6 months old.. probably 3-4 months at the most... most units should be serviced every 6 months right?

Do you have a technician to recommend? can PM me?

Last edited:

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Wohouboy,

If your unit is less then 6 months old then it should be under warranty. Do contact MHI and they will send their technician down to do a check. Do note that if the problem is not due to system fault but instead due to lack of servicing etc, MHI will most probably charge for the trip. Do check with them on that when making the appointment.

You might also want to check on your warranty first as some installers provide warranty of their own. (Such as servicing must be done by them otherwise warranty will be void or warranty of certain parts etc)

For new units servicing is usually required only 1 year after installation unless you are a very heavy user. You might want to do a self check on your filters and have them washed yourself and trying again.

One other thing to check for sake of prudence. Do check if the economy mode is accidentally turned on.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Sure thing. Thanks! Economy is not on.. I have to spam Turbo mode hahaha

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Any ideas where can I get an affordable casement unit aircon?

Seems like getting a casement unit is damn rare and the Europace one selling in Harvey and Gain City costs about 949 with installation. What are my choices now? :(

summerberries0

Reaction score
I am thinking about Daikin. People say standard is better than inverter

I am replacing my 2 years old Fujitsu aircon. Thinking to throw them away in front of their agent office

Please please AVOID FUJITSU AIRCON! at all cost I warn you already

medicheng

Master Member
Reaction score
Twin city quoting me $3150 for a system 3 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries 30k btu air con.

Is it worthy? And how is the servides of Twin City?

terumo

Reaction score
To souleclipse,

For single system, u can consider other brands with similar price range.

To medicheng,

$3150 can get u Mit Electric sys 3.

Rizzoli

Reaction score
Hey experts, if i got a budget of 2k++, what brand would you recommend if i need to install 3 of it in my house?:s11:

lexliz7

Reaction score
Do u mind sharing, how much do u pay, is this an inverted unit n how u find it after use?

Hi Ray, I got a system 3 @ 2,299 with GST and complete installation.
It's an inverter. I don't think they sell non inverters.
Pretty good I would say especially with the air cleaner feature. Cooling is excellent. Though its new its reliable.
Would recommend it strongly. All da best!

lexliz7

Reaction score
Hey experts, if i got a budget of 2k++, what brand would you recommend if i need to install 3 of it in my house?:s11:

Go for KIMURA.
Japanese brand. Very affordable not cheap. Highly recommended. Sys 3 at 2,299 with installation n GST.
Promotion shroud still be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.