Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
If he says its 4MK60ESG instead is it still okay?

Better ask them to confirm why package with old stock compressor.. If turn on full for 4 rooms, you would realise that compressor really not powerful enought.

Againt smaller compacity to supply many rooms from the outdoor compressor lifes would not take longer than higher capacity, also main board to control the valve, if too much forcing after few years have to change parts..

Last edited:

Grizz.P

Reaction score
Most of my friends and family used to buy from GC. But their after sales service warranty have term and conditions or your warranty will be void.(eg: 1year at least 4times servicing and have to be BCA approved with receipt as prove.) basically is taiji after sales service..

I see. What about Allbest? Reliable?

Netiya1987

Reaction score
Seriesly just talk talk only... Who wanted for winter feel, these is over cold... Uncomfortable at all.

The most comfort would be set at 25C with low fan speed.

I wanna realise LG Artcool mirror 1st still working now?
From the flat & slim version, not the latest black mirror.

The flat and slim version they not selling anymore.. Now only left the new mirror type.. I heard the flat and slim version is made in china then assembly in thailand.

Netiya1987

Reaction score
But the SA told me different thing. If you looked at the GC Aircon cleaning, they also not every year 4 times.

My colleague had their service and the first year is 1 time and subsequently 2 tines then 4 times.

Since the SA said that to you then is good to have the SA written prove in black and white with their company head logo. If not when problem come then you will know what is taiji style

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
The flat and slim version they not selling anymore.. Now only left the new mirror type.. I heard the flat and slim version is made in china then assembly in thailand.

Not really know... Btw look quite impressive, but over comparison then go with Mit Starmex Zen for my living room :)

Netiya1987

Reaction score
Like this is good....................:s12:

My friend LG after 5 years a lot of issue.

Your already said is after 5 years better than now u facing problem or after 2nd years..so far is all depend on luck.. And not all LG aircon are good only those korea made quality better.. The rest cheaper type LG i would say try not to take..

Netiya1987

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with fujitsu??
My cousin brought a fujitsu sys 2 but realize that the fujitsu is not japan made anymore and it is made in china now.
Now the fancoil in the Master bedroom cannot even switch on. Their problem is at first very noise after that cannot power on the next day. Anyone have the same problem?

Last edited:

Netiya1987

Reaction score
Not really know... Btw look quite impressive, but over comparison then go with Mit Starmex Zen for my living room :)

Mit Zen very beautiful..place in living room it will be very beautiful and style. Btw what is the price for the Mit Zen?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Mit Zen very beautiful..place in living room it will be very beautiful and style. Btw what is the price for the Mit Zen?

I bought it system 3 from AllBest, the boss said from supplier doing offer and zero cent for upgrade into Zen White color one.. Then I place it at living room..

Very nice Wow

94094170-B98A-484B-A910-CA6BFB2229D1_zps1ssltv1v.jpg

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyone have issues with fujitsu??
My cousin brought a fujitsu sys 2 but realize that the fujitsu is not japan made anymore and it is made in china now.
Now the fancoil in the Master bedroom cannot even switch on. Their problem is at first very noise after that cannot power on the next day. Anyone have the same problem?

Look like blower motor fault

Wiring also can be the happen

Last edited:

thinkhardhard

Reaction score
To thinkhardhard,

You have any floorplan?
I can estimate the btu requirements for you.

How often you switch on Aircon for daily basic?

If you don't mind for higher untility bill then just repair it for some time needs and turn on for while.

If you has consider using everyday for bedroom then go with inverter Sys 2 for 24k in living hall & 12k or 10k for bedroom.

Cause inverter really help the bill cut down into half.

hi terumo, kimsim, thanks for your advice. I checked with the aircon service company boss, he confirmed that my aircon cannot be repaired as it's some issue with the compressor.

my floorplan doesn't show any measurements. I measured already, living hall+ dining is around 600cm x 360. The bedroom is around 250cmx250.

the aircon service company boss said as my current piping is based on r22, he advise me to choose units that use r22 as the current piping may not be able to tahan higher pressure of r410a and there is a risk of leakage. having said that, he helped other homes installed new r410a blowers on existing piping that were used for r22 units, and so far no problem.

is it true that for my case, it is not advisable to get r410 units?

also, he said if i were to get r22, he only have daikin and is a non-inverter model. that sounds like i have no choice? or should i go for single unit (assuming there is r22 + inverter type)??

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
hi terumo, kimsim, thanks for your advice. I checked with the aircon service company boss, he confirmed that my aircon cannot be repaired as it's some issue with the compressor.

my floorplan doesn't show any measurements. I measured already, living hall+ dining is around 600cm x 360. The bedroom is around 250cmx250.

the aircon service company boss said as my current piping is based on r22, he advise me to choose units that use r22 as the current piping may not be able to tahan higher pressure of r410a and there is a risk of leakage. having said that, he helped other homes installed new r410a blowers on existing piping that were used for r22 units, and so far no problem.

is it true that for my case, it is not advisable to get r410 units?

also, he said if i were to get r22, he only have daikin and is a non-inverter model. that sounds like i have no choice? or should i go for single unit (assuming there is r22 + inverter type)??

If your current piping was runing trucking and better die die go with R410a gas and reruns new piping for energy saving.

No matter how of the R22 inverter unit really phase out already.. Not longer to be selling again, at that time of R22 gas would be runing low stock and the price will be much higher than R410a.

Your living room can fit with 18k or 13k btu good than enough, also bedroom stick with 10k is ok.

terumo

Reaction score
To thinkhardhard,

Safest option is to run new pipes for your new system using r410a gas.

thinkhardhard

Reaction score
To thinkhardhard,

Safest option is to run new pipes for your new system using r410a gas.

If your current piping was runing trucking and better die die go with R410a gas and reruns new piping for energy saving.

No matter how of the R22 inverter unit really phase out already.. Not longer to be selling again, at that time of R22 gas would be runing low stock and the price will be much higher than R410a.

Your living room can fit with 18k or 13k btu good than enough, also bedroom stick with 10k is ok.

Hmm, i stay in condo so all piping are concealed. If i go with new pipe, means have to hack, install, patch back and paint? i suppose this will incur significantly higher cost right?

is it possible to do a pressure test on existing piping to check if it can tahan r410a gas?

i was asking the aircon service company boss about r22, he told me although by right it will be phased out next year, till now they have not heard any news. i wonder how true.

Last edited:

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
R22 is more harming to the environment and is being phased out.. For long term support try not to get R22.. down the road when it becomes less common, price (when u need to top up gas) may go up..

thelesis

Reaction score
I just got a quote for the following system 4 Daikin inverter.
03x FTKS25 (9,000 btu)
01x FTKS60 (21,600 btu)
01x outdoor unit 4MKS60ESG

-Upgraded to Copper Tubing Gauge 22
-Upgraded to Keystone Electrical Cable
-Armaflex Class1
-PVC Drain Pipe
-Nylex PVC Trunking

All of these for $3970. Is the pricing reasonable?

where did u get this quote? can share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.