Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

STREAM2

Reaction score
Installation and Tubings

Hi,
I'm replacing my old aircon today 12th Aug 2015 with ME inverter Sys 4.
Will give you guys a review on the workmanship and 1year guarantee against leaks and pipes condensation.

They using G22 size copper pipes and the I saw Armaflex Class 1 H-006 (1/4") printed on the insulation.
I thought the 1/4" refers to thickness becos I requested for 1/2" thickness.
I asked the supervisor, he said the 1/4" printed on the tubings are not the thickness but the inner hole size for the copper pipe.
I measured the thickness of insulation and indeed it's about 13mm so it 1/2" as requested by me.
The 1/4" is indeed the hole diameter which I too measured.
For Armaflex, the key thing to note it should be H-006 specs printed on tube .....on their website refers to 13mm thickness.

=========================

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,
Will give you guys a review on the workmanship and 1year guarantee against leaks and pipes condensation.

They using G22 size copper pipes and the I saw Armaflex Class 1 H-006 (1/4") printed on the insulation.
I asked the supervisor, he said the 1/4" printed on the tubings are not the thickness but the inner hole size for the copper pipe.
I measured the thickness of insulation and indeed it's about 13mm so it 1/2" as requested by me.

Your ME sys 4 outdoor model?
4A38 or 4A28VA?

SGkaki

Reaction score
ALL BEST Air Conditioning Experience AUG 2015

Hello sis and bros,

It's my first post here.

I don't usually post but after my recent exp with All Best Air Conditioning Electric Pte Ltd, I want to share my bad exp with everyone and hopefully no one kena the **** i got from them.

We ordered and bought a new Toshiba System 3 from their branch at Tampines Century Square.
The deal looks pretty good with gift vouchers and the salesman assured that Toshiba was the best choice.
We were inclining towards Mitsubishi but he kept on going about how Toshiba is waay better and how it's made in Japan and Mitsubushi in Thailand. I checked immediately upon returning home and it appears that Mistsubishi Units are indeed Assembled in Thailand, but it's parts are all made in Japan. Toshiba has also withdrawn its operations from Singapore and the repairs will also be undertaken by a third party company Carrier. But he assured us it'll be fine. The salesman scheduled us for installation within 2 weeks; very systematic, experienced and professional.

However, I personally think he receives more commission from selling of Toshiba units. I've checked online and found other people with similar encounters.

The installation did not live up to standard. 2 staff from Allbest came to install. The main guy was experienced but rough with his work.
For example, he could've measured and trace out the exact size of the hole for the casing but he just drilled and hammered roughly a large one (Hole was 4cm radius extra all around the casing) only to cover up the extra space he excavated with quick dry silicone sealant.

However, the main problem was the one who tagged along as the assistant. His attitude and performance was subpar. Him blasting music during work was still tolerable but there're quite a few things he disappointed us.
He lays his phone and belongings on our bed without seeking permission(Hello, you think this is your house?!).
Secondly, he "forgot" to clear the last of the old aircon piping, didn't even bother to seal up the reopened old piping casings until we asked him about it. There 're water leaks and he didn't even bother to wipe it up.
Also, the way he hammered nails into the wall for the remote mounting frame is totally that of a beginner; instead of going straight in, the nails are crooked and twisted. Worst thing is, he didn't even bother to remove the ugly traces of his previous 2 attempts. He just left them there. The final one isn't any better.

Within a day of installation, one of the blowers started to leak water everywhere. JUST ONE DAY. Seriously??

We recontacted the salesman and fortunately he was professional and got us a service team over within a day. Thankfully the other 2 blowers were okay.

Allbest i suggest you better retrain some of your staff to better conduct themselves.

This is simply unacceptable!

Is this just our bad luck or has anyone got similar experiences with them?
Do share and thanks for reading!:)

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello sis and bros,

It's my first post here.

I don't usually post but after my recent exp with All Best Air Conditioning Electric Pte Ltd, I want to share my bad exp with everyone and hopefully no one kena the **** i got from them.

We ordered and bought a new Toshiba System 3 from their branch at Tampines Century Square.
The deal looks pretty good with gift vouchers and the salesman assured that Toshiba was the best choice.
We were inclining towards Mitsubishi but he kept on going about how Toshiba is waay better and how it's made in Japan and Mitsubushi in Thailand. I checked immediately upon returning home and it appears that Mistsubishi Units are indeed Assembled in Thailand, but it's parts are all made in Japan. Toshiba has also withdrawn its operations from Singapore and the repairs will also be undertaken by a third party company Carrier. But he assured us it'll be fine. The salesman scheduled us for installation within 2 weeks; very systematic, experienced and professional.

However, I personally think he receives more commission from selling of Toshiba units. I've checked online and found other people with similar encounters.

The installation did not live up to standard. 2 staff from Allbest came to install. The main guy was experienced but rough with his work.
For example, he could've measured and trace out the exact size of the hole for the casing but he just drilled and hammered roughly a large one (Hole was 4cm radius extra all around the casing) only to cover up the extra space he excavated with quick dry silicone sealant.

However, the main problem was the one who tagged along as the assistant. His attitude and performance was subpar. Him blasting music during work was still tolerable but there're quite a few things he disappointed us.
He lays his phone and belongings on our bed without seeking permission(Hello, you think this is your house?!).
Secondly, he "forgot" to clear the last of the old aircon piping, didn't even bother to seal up the reopened old piping casings until we asked him about it. There 're water leaks and he didn't even bother to wipe it up.
Also, the way he hammered nails into the wall for the remote mounting frame is totally that of a beginner; instead of going straight in, the nails are crooked and twisted. Worst thing is, he didn't even bother to remove the ugly traces of his previous 2 attempts. He just left them there. The final one isn't any better.

Within a day of installation, one of the blowers started to leak water everywhere. JUST ONE DAY. Seriously??

We recontacted the salesman and fortunately he was professional and got us a service team over within a day. Thankfully the other 2 blowers were okay.

Allbest i suggest you better retrain some of your staff to better conduct themselves.

This is simply unacceptable!

Is this just our bad luck or has anyone got similar experiences with them?
Do share and thanks for reading!:)

I guess most of bigger Aircon company installer term more or less to be the same, cause is human, once they everyday doing the same jobs will be careless.

Unless is engaged from the Aircon re-seller boss and installed for you.

:D anyway just enjoy your new Aircons

Soya_Bean

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For Armaflex, the key thing to note it should be H-006 specs printed on tube .....on their website refers to 13mm thickness.

where did you purchase your unit and how much did you pay for your ME Inverter system 4 unit?
did you check what type of material are they using for wiring?

terumo

Reaction score
To soya_bean,
If the distance between the fancoil and compressor is < 20 metres, shouldn't be an issue.

STREAM2

Reaction score
where did you purchase your unit and how much did you pay for your ME Inverter system 4 unit?
did you check what type of material are they using for wiring?
I got my system fm Excser Aircon for $4K no GST, using back my bracket. (If need bracket, it's $150.)
So $4K includes dismantle old system, replace new 22 SWG pipes, 1/2" insulation, new bigger trunking, 13mm inner dia drainage and Keystone wiring with one yr workmanship against gas leak and trunking condensation. 4 guys came to do the job and about 6hours.

I intend to use them for 1st year servicing so any problems they will handle no charge except for the servicing of course.
Skills + Workmanship rated 8/10.
=====================

Last edited:

STREAM2

Reaction score
Drainage pipe size

Hi Terumo,
When drainage pipe is suggested to be 16mm, it this size referring to inner or outer diameter ?

===================

Yurikaze

Reaction score
To the experts here...

What would be considered a good servicing on our aircon? Eg cleaning blower fans, vacuuming drainage pipes, cleaning internal parts?

Anyone can share roughly how much per FCU and what are the things they supposed to do?

Price wise roughly gauge each FCU how much too?

I was quoted 180 for each FCU Chem cleaning and an additional $15 to clean tray on top of my service package. Took a Groupon deal for $45 to clean 3x fcu.

Comments and advises pls.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
To the experts here...

What would be considered a good servicing on our aircon? Eg cleaning blower fans, vacuuming drainage pipes, cleaning internal parts?

Anyone can share roughly how much per FCU and what are the things they supposed to do?

I was quoted 180 for each FCU Chem cleaning and an additional $15 to clean tray on top of my service package. Took a Groupon deal for $45 to clean 3x fcu.

If you want the normal serving guy can refer to him.
Ah Yi +65 9383 5509

Thanks.

fishfillet

Reaction score

If you know what you want, and you're looking around for quotation, you can try here, http://enquireservices.com/aircon-servicing-singapore/, I've used it a few times and got good responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.