HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree882Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #5671

Where is the souce for MXY-4C100VA?

10kw should be system 5
look out for new energy efficient air con model, up to 5 ticks under new scheme, from nea database
Old 06-04-2015, 10:31 PM   #5672

I recently bought Panasonic system 4 from Gain City last month. Was given $200 NTUC voucher/$240 Gain city voucher and one panasonic microwave oven.

Overall usage: Very cool. with just 26 degree, it already feels so cold that i have to wear T-shirt at home (usually i dun). With nanoe & Econavi Airpurifying feature, i also feels that i dun have sinus problem while using my old LG one.
I bought Panasonic system 3. Free Eikou Air Purifier.
thelesis likes this.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:34 PM   #5673

To sirbrian,

How much is ur quote for the system 2?
$2350 for ME Inverter System 2 (MXY-2E20, 2 x MSY-GE10VA)
$3150 for ME Inverter System 3 (MXY-3A28, 2 x MSY-GE10VA, 1 x MSY-GE13VA)

Wanted to go for Gain City or even Coolserve, just for the NTUC vouchers and freebies but decided to stick to Aron and Ah Boon and they are really really professional and very prompt in replying sms and email.

Last edited by sirbrian; 07-04-2015 at 05:37 PM..
Old 07-04-2015, 11:09 PM   #5674

Like my friend he told me for 4A28VA can support for LR + 2 Bedroom or 3 Bedroom only.
Can turns all, but the cooling not as cold than when turns 3BR.. But when during in raining day or night time still able to turns on all... Can always hear the compressor & fan kick in high jet speed at outdoor.

I am unsure that 4A38VA can set to 11.5Amp or not... That is not part of my answer.. Cause I was still no chance to touch on 4A38VA yet.. But my friend told can turns on all for LR + 3BR at same time..
Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #5675

To Gaoz7,

U can consider get a system 1 for master room.
System 3 for the 2 bedrooms & living.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Given I'm not a heavy user. I think I should be gg for system4 at a lower upfront cost than to have two systems.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:14 PM   #5676

Can share how much you were quoted for the 4A38VA? Thinking of the same set up.
Haven't checked ard yet. I reckon should be around $3,800 right?
But if not much more ex, will let my contractor's supplier do so everything handled by contractor and support the smaller biz.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #5677

I need some help regarding choosing of Aircon. My existing Daikin inverted sys 2 die on me few months ago. I only use 1 Aircon for sleeping at night & the other 1 hardly use at all. They are about 10 years old.
My contractor suggested MK71 initially as he said tt if my master bedroom Aircon die (it is on a single compressor w 18k blower) I can link it to Mk71 to join my the other two rooms. He quoted me $2500 for compressor n two 9k blowers. I find the price for MK71 is a little too steep so I ask for cheaper alternative so he suggested MA56 which is non inverter and quoted $1800 for compressors n two 9k blowers. Price quoted doesn't incl change of pipe.
I stay in a condo most of the existing piping is not conceal except for about 2m hidden under fault ceiling so he advice me not to change existing piping if not hv to cut part of my fault ceiling. 😥
I saw Panasonic inverter sys 2 on offer & ask my contractor. He quoted me $1850 & told me tt there is $200 free Ntuc vouchers too.
Pls need some advises
1. Should I change my existing piping? If I m to change, contractor suggest to run a new trunking which is really ugly. He is afraid if I do new piping in the existing trunking, it wl affect other piping or damage part of the trunking. is this true? I know of neighbors who change new piping using existing trunking 2 years ago & no problem.
2. If not changing existing piping should I go for Daikin MA56 or Panasonic Sys 2? If I go for Panasonic, I wl not be able to link my master bedroom to it should my existing one die
3. Is it worth to pay more for inverter system (MK71 vs MA56)?as I only use abt 8 hrs for 9 mths a year?
Appreciate your kind advise. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #5678
Suspended

I need some help regarding choosing of Aircon. My existing Daikin inverted sys 2 die on me few months ago. I only use 1 Aircon for sleeping at night & the other 1 hardly use at all. They are about 10 years old.
My contractor suggested MK71 initially as he said tt if my master bedroom Aircon die (it is on a single compressor w 18k blower) I can link it to Mk71 to join my the other two rooms. He quoted me $2500 for compressor n two 9k blowers. I find the price for MK71 is a little too steep so I ask for cheaper alternative so he suggested MA56 which is non inverter and quoted $1800 for compressors n two 9k blowers. Price quoted doesn't incl change of pipe.
I stay in a condo most of the existing piping is not conceal except for about 2m hidden under fault ceiling so he advice me not to change existing piping if not hv to cut part of my fault ceiling. 😥
I saw Panasonic inverter sys 2 on offer & ask my contractor. He quoted me $1850 & told me tt there is $200 free Ntuc vouchers too.
Pls need some advises
1. Should I change my existing piping? If I m to change, contractor suggest to run a new trunking which is really ugly. He is afraid if I do new piping in the existing trunking, it wl affect other piping or damage part of the trunking. is this true? I know of neighbors who change new piping using existing trunking 2 years ago & no problem.
2. If not changing existing piping should I go for Daikin MA56 or Panasonic Sys 2? If I go for Panasonic, I wl not be able to link my master bedroom to it should my existing one die
3. Is it worth to pay more for inverter system (MK71 vs MA56)?as I only use abt 8 hrs for 9 mths a year?
Appreciate your kind advise. Thanks in advance.
In this case, but for non-inverter was not longer sales in sg markets already..

You can decide the panasonic system 2 inverter unit, much cheaper.

Runs new pipeline to be save place, like gas leak or warranty claim an issue.

Cause inverter vs non-inverter the amount of monthly bill really has a big gap.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #5679

To supportivemum,
You can consider 3mks50esg.
A system 3 outdoor with 18k btu capacity.

Best is to replace the piping (to be safe & for full warranty including workmanship)
Old 10-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #5680
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys,

I looking for a system 3 that is long lasting. My current System 3 Mitsubishi Heavy Industry died on me and the current Mitsubishi Electric aka StarMex have condensation issues after 4~5yrs.. anything to recommend? I planning to replace the piping and everything.

My aircon guys wanna do system test again and it will take months to resolve as suspect leak on the piping. I just dont trust them and want the nightmare to end!

Btw Best Tech service SUCKS! The piping skill is rubbish... This is not the 1st time.

I thinking of Daikin but dunno the service is good with fair price.

Last edited by gld998; 10-04-2015 at 04:01 PM..
Old 10-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #5681

Hi,

Been using Starmex sys4 for abt 4yrS without issues. Since last general annual cleaning service 2 weeks ago, not as cold as b4. Suspect low gas. Is it normal for 4yr old aircon to to need gas topup?

Thanks for replies!
Old 10-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #5682
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,

Been using Starmex sys4 for abt 4yrS without issues. Since last general annual cleaning service 2 weeks ago, not as cold as b4. Suspect low gas. Is it normal for 4yr old aircon to to need gas topup?

Thanks for replies!
Yes! need to topup
Old 10-04-2015, 06:02 PM   #5683
Suspended

Hi,

Thanks for replies!
Chemical wash and removed out whole FCU?
Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #5684

Just wash & rinse, no chemical wash.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #5685

A short review on my 1 yrs old Mit Starmax aircron, and btw thru out this period i always clean my filter every 2 weeks and call pro to wash every 3 months, after using ea time i leave 1hr for fan mode and nvr eat in room.... but i'm having a very bad odour smell ( sometimes it smells like toilet) abt more than half of the time having these smells its damm disppointed... everytime after my cleaning the smell still there and after the washing by pro service 1 or 2 days ltr it came back... i hav contacted both Mit & courts both tech hav come down sevral times but failed to rectify.... all they say is might be due to bed sheets etc for the smell, so i asked them "so ur aircorn only can work in an empty room in order not to generate any smell?" they cant ans.... ive tried the advice given by them open the window, placed charcoal ontop etc but result still the same and one tech used detergent put a few drops ontop the coil but none works... i wonder wats is the real problem zzz

Last edited by xiaoheng; 11-04-2015 at 08:58 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.