HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree882Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2015, 01:57 AM   #5731
Suspended

Can I check with forumers that recently install Daikin.
There is a feature : after you switched off the unit (via remote),the fan will automatically continue to blow for about a hour to help dry out the condensation to reduce mould.

Does it help ?

Does the Mit Starmex have this feature ?
Starmex don't have the same feature, once has off from remote, the auto swing will be stop back to original position.

If continue blow an hour is does not mean is good... Again if still blow the cold air is consider use more energy too.

Check with you, are you installed system 1 or 2? If both FCU are the same, maybe is from the factory setting only.
Old 24-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #5732

There is a feature : after you switched off the unit (via remote),the fan will automatically continue to blow for about a hour to help dry out the condensation to reduce mould.

Does it help ?

Panasonic have this feature too. It helps in reducing moulding. Your fan coil is cold and wet so the blowing of the air helps to dry the coil faster. Nope it does not consume much energy just the fan blowing that's all. Your main compressor is not running at all.
Old 24-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #5733

Starmex don't have the same feature, once has off from remote, the auto swing will be stop back to original position.

If continue blow an hour is does not mean is good... Again if still blow the cold air is consider use more energy too.

Check with you, are you installed system 1 or 2? If both FCU are the same, maybe is from the factory setting only.

Hi Kimsim,
I haven't bought yet, still considering betw the two brands.

Daikin unit is off via remote (power point ON position) , only fan blowing so consumption is minimal.
Daikin calls it Mould-Proof operation in their brochure (applicable to model FTKS25D and 35D only).

Something like a turbo car, turn engine off, the cooling fan blows for a few minutes to cool the turbine.
Old 24-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #5734

Panasonic have this feature too. It helps in reducing moulding. Your fan coil is cold and wet so the blowing of the air helps to dry the coil faster. Nope it does not consume much energy just the fan blowing that's all. Your main compressor is not running at all.

Hi Zeppelin,
OK noted....That means if I choose Mit Starmex, I have to use the remote, select MODE to fan only and set timer.

Google 'black mold' to see the health concerns.
I am worried about mould as it is toxic and hazardous leading to multiple health issues whether in aircon units or bathrooms. Anyone at home having sinus problem could be due to mold.
-- http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...g-you-ill.aspx#!

Since mold or mould spores can be airborne, pls see this from Astiquer:
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myewlxb59AY

Those doing self cleaning: Wear a mask, shower 'and if mold spores flies to the bed, vacuum them or whatever.

Last edited by STREAM2; 24-04-2015 at 12:01 PM..
Old 24-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #5735
Master Member

Anyone has an opinion about York and Midea aircons?

Saw the new York Sys 4, w/ wifi control (not that important) and a 4 tick rating. How does that stack up against the established brands like MEC, MHI, Daikin, Fujitsu etc?

Also, how's the noise level on the York?

Also saw Midea, which was very cheap comparatively. Any comments on that model? 2 tick rating only. I know it's an MIC product, but the sales guy said that if you use the a/c sparingly, it should be OK.

Looking to balance between price, noise, reliability and electrical efficiency.

Comments pls?
Old 24-04-2015, 06:25 PM   #5736
Suspended

Hi Kimsim,
I haven't bought yet, still considering betw the two brands.

Daikin unit is off via remote (power point ON position) , only fan blowing so consumption is minimal.
Daikin calls it Mould-Proof operation in their brochure (applicable to model FTKS25D and 35D only).

Something like a turbo car, turn engine off, the cooling fan blows for a few minutes to cool the turbine.
Seem like good for when it is new.
After 3 to 6 months later still need ask contractor for service right.
Old 26-04-2015, 01:42 AM   #5737

Does it help ?

The mold-proof is a very convenience feature. By default it is not on. u need to press the mod-proof button to activate it.

Once u set it on ur remote, it will active automatically after ur aircon is switch off. eg, i set timer to switch off aircon at 6am, with mold-proof the blower will still run for an hour with fan mode to dry the unit.

after which it will off it totally.
Old 26-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #5738

The mold-proof is a very convenience feature. By default it is not on. u need to press the mod-proof button to activate it.

Once u set it on ur remote, it will active automatically after ur aircon is switch off. eg, i set timer to switch off aircon at 6am, with mold-proof the blower will still run for an hour with fan mode to dry the unit.

after which it will off it totally.

Thks to Adelyte, for the feedback.

Thks Kimsim , yep I agree there's still need to do the regular service and with this feature, it will reduce mold growth betw the servicings.

Cheers!
Old 26-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #5739

The mold function (where the fan spins for a period of time after the aircon is turned off) or if you set to fan mode will help to prevent mold & lengthen the time needed for servicing.
Old 27-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #5740
Master Member

Anyone has an opinion about York and Midea aircons?

Saw the new York Sys 4, w/ wifi control (not that important) and a 4 tick rating. How does that stack up against the established brands like MEC, MHI, Daikin, Fujitsu etc?

Also, how's the noise level on the York?

Also saw Midea, which was very cheap comparatively. Any comments on that model? 2 tick rating only. I know it's an MIC product, but the sales guy said that if you use the a/c sparingly, it should be OK.

Looking to balance between price, noise, reliability and electrical efficiency.

Comments pls?
haha - what a joke. Your salesman must be a joker. I encountered many salesman recently to ask about A/C. 8/10 of them warned me a "no no"

Not much comment but reliability & efficiency - I rather spend more on Starmex or Daikin.
Old 27-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #5741

My old aircon keep on freezing at the fan coil. I ask technician to check and he says the gas and filter are ok. He suspect is the thermostats or the blower not strong enough. I try keeping the fan at max speed but it still freezes. Anybody got any idea?
Old 27-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #5742
Banned

which place is best to buy panasonic aircon?
Old 27-04-2015, 10:16 PM   #5743

To SimpleY,

Possible causes are gas shortage or coil choked with dirt.
Old 28-04-2015, 08:38 AM   #5744

haha - what a joke. Your salesman must be a joker. I encountered many salesman recently to ask about A/C. 8/10 of them warned me a "no no"

Not much comment but reliability & efficiency - I rather spend more on Starmex or Daikin.
Thanks.
That's what I thought too. Been to a few other places and ppl are telling me to stick to Daikin, Mitsu and LG.
Old 29-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #5745

Hi people, if given a choice with no upgrade cost, will u choose 3/8 armaflex or 1/2 but a lesser brand?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.