HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree882Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2015, 11:46 PM   #6331
Arch-Supremacy Member

does anyone here who have casement aircon and is working decently enough for you to recommend?
Old 01-09-2015, 03:25 AM   #6332
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, new to this kinda stuff ...

Anyways, I'm collecting the keys to my BTO tomorrow, and although we've yet to speak to any contractors / IDs, we're pretty much settled on Mitsubishi Electric for airconditioning.

Ours is a 4 room flat, and we're still deciding whether to go with System 3 (bedrooms only) or System 4 (bedrooms + hall). How practical or impractical is it to go for the System 4? Also, I recall seeing that System 3 is 4-ticks while the System 4 is 3-ticks ... anyone knows why this is so?
Old 01-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #6333
Suspended

coolness = electricity consumption....
more = more $$$
cause cool air developed when compressor start working... just let us know when yr next PUB bill $$$ cost.... would like to know more....
Ok note, have to see my next bill
If only increase for $15-25 average then just foeget it, cause the cooling very satisfied
Old 01-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #6334
Suspended

Anyways, I'm collecting the keys to my BTO tomorrow, and although we've yet to speak to any contractors / IDs, we're pretty much settled on Mitsubishi Electric for airconditioning.

Ours is a 4 room flat, and we're still deciding whether to go with System 3 (bedrooms only) or System 4 (bedrooms + hall). How practical or impractical is it to go for the System 4? Also, I recall seeing that System 3 is 4-ticks while the System 4 is 3-ticks ... anyone knows why this is so?
Its not about it being practical or not, its whether u need it or not. U must think carefully lor.. If u dont need aircon in ur hall now and in the future, get a system 3. Don't install just for the sake of installing then never use, price difference quite a lot. Our ME system 3 (btu 9k*3) is $2850 and system 4 (btu 24k+9k*3) is $3850. Price difference of $1k! But if u might need aircon in ur hall in the near future, then might as well get a system 4 and have it done once and for all cos it's cheaper to install a system 4 compared to system 3 + system 1 (usually about $600-$700 incl labour fee). Most people go for system 3 + system 1 only because they frequently need to switch on all 4 fancoils at the same time.

Now, both Mitsubishi Electric system 3 and 4 is 2-ticks already.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:52 PM   #6335
Supremacy Member

just gt starmex sys 3 installed. would like to check if its normal if i set 2 units at 25 degree n fan 1 and 1 unit at 20 degree n fan 1. the 1 unit set at 20 degree is only at abt 24 degree +- after abt 1 hr? thx!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #6336
Suspended

just gt starmex sys 3 installed. would like to check if its normal if i set 2 units at 25 degree n fan 1 and 1 unit at 20 degree n fan 1. the 1 unit set at 20 degree is only at abt 24 degree +- after abt 1 hr? thx!
That unit set on 20C would be tells the compressor kick in runs in full speed until you turn off.

The rest set in 25C just works as normal only.
Actually use high fan speed also will increase outdoor working speed to blow out in high speed and high power input as well.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #6337
Arch-Supremacy Member

My living unit broke down after 1.5yr, need a quote for Mitsubishi fancoil msy-ge24VA any reliable contractors with good pricing?
Old 01-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #6338
Suspended

My living unit broke down after 1.5yr, need a quote for Mitsubishi fancoil msy-ge24VA any reliable contractors with good pricing?
You can find Ah Yi, he has done 6 units from the passed

Seldom used right for the unit?
Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 PM   #6339
Suspended

Hi, from the 3 ticks to 5 ticks has bigger gap, but In the markets still not out yet for multi split, recent 2 ticks is good enough, if your unit don't have open yard, so don't have issue for cold air leak out, at night for more on bedroom only, the electricity wouldn't cost you much.

Usually for those of new flat, should consider to go for system 4 at least, when in hot weather still can use for while, if after installed for sys 3, you may regret at that time, but also depending your budget as well
Old 02-09-2015, 12:49 AM   #6340

I bought at GainCity Mitsubishi StarMex Sys 3, 9K BTU x 3 couple weeks ago where it comes with 5 years installation and spare parts warranty. Installation warranty covers water and gas leakage, and spare part capped at max amount SGD 1.8k if you top up SGD 99 then you get unlimited amount.

I also top up to upgrade to Amarflex half inch and SWG 22 copper. Total i paid around 3.4k.

Slightly higher than other shops but you get warranty for 5 years.

After installation i just knew that if you submit the feedback form via their website you will get 3 years spare parts warranty automatically.

Hope this helps.
Bro, can share your model with me? I am keen on getting 1 also. Wonder how big is your house?

I am getting a 4A resale flat. So looking around for a recommended model.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:55 AM   #6341
Arch-Supremacy Member

Its not about it being practical or not, its whether u need it or not. U must think carefully lor.. If u dont need aircon in ur hall now and in the future, get a system 3. Don't install just for the sake of installing then never use, price difference quite a lot. Our ME system 3 (btu 9k*3) is $2850 and system 4 (btu 24k+9k*3) is $3850. Price difference of $1k! But if u might need aircon in ur hall in the near future, then might as well get a system 4 and have it done once and for all cos it's cheaper to install a system 4 compared to system 3 + system 1 (usually about $600-$700 incl labour fee). Most people go for system 3 + system 1 only because they frequently need to switch on all 4 fancoils at the same time.

Now, both Mitsubishi Electric system 3 and 4 is 2-ticks already.
We are still in the planning stage A friend of The Other Half put in these folding doors/partition to their hall to have an airconditioned home theatre, and she wants to do something similar.

Like I was saying, I'm new to this sort of thing ... my understanding of your reply is that, a System 4 cannot run all 4 units at the same time? Is that correct?
Old 02-09-2015, 07:47 AM   #6342
Suspended

To CCCustom

4 rooms is not an issue, even turn on for all at same time, just you feel that slower cooling when start up within 15-30mins, once the room has cooling down and all rooms would be sufficient as well.

Usually would be prefer you turn on 1 hours before sleep, that is normal we do.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #6343

Seeking aircon advices

Hi, my system 4 Mitsubishi heavy industries failed last week. Only air could be felt and timer light blinking, compressor fan not moving. Got my agent wo kee hong to come down and see. They confirmed need to change 2 pcb boards and a corrode valve. So we agreed to change them however as they did not have ex stock for the valve, we were told to wait for the valve to come and just change the 2 pcb board. 3 of my Aircon is up now however.my aircon developed further problems.

1)Study room air con is not cold at all even at the lowest temperature.
2)intermittent stopping of the compressor which resulted in all Aircon not cold.

I am a consumer who knows nothing about aircon and just take in advices from the agent. At least now I found this website when I am sourcing for other alternatives, pls can anyone from this professional forum able to give me a second opinion. Great appreciation! Btw any recommendation for Aircon company for service contract as my contract is ending soon.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #6344

Hi Methanol,
Maxicool Services (Jason), Cooling Aircon (Eddie), Ah Yi, Mr.Chua and Redcon are recommended in this forum.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #6345
Banned

Hi, my system 4 Mitsubishi heavy industries failed last week. Only air could be felt and timer light blinking, compressor fan not moving. Got my agent wo kee hong to come down and see. They confirmed need to change 2 pcb boards and a corrode valve. So we agreed to change them however as they did not have ex stock for the valve, we were told to wait for the valve to come and just change the 2 pcb board. 3 of my Aircon is up now however.my aircon developed further problems.

1)Study room air con is not cold at all even at the lowest temperature.
2)intermittent stopping of the compressor which resulted in all Aircon not cold.

I am a consumer who knows nothing about aircon and just take in advices from the agent. At least now I found this website when I am sourcing for other alternatives, pls can anyone from this professional forum able to give me a second opinion. Great appreciation! Btw any recommendation for Aircon company for service contract as my contract is ending soon.

Thanks
how long do you have the aircon ?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.