Air purifier? - Part 2

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
8.30 mins demonstrates how Sharp Plasmacluster neutralises static charges.

Not sure what this means in our real world with regards to indoor air quality though.

And whether other brands like Samsung /LG would do the same.

Negative ion removing the positive charge lor. Anion vs cation. Removes odor too. When we shower there's some negative ion generated. Biggest negative ion generators in nature are lightning (when some ozone are created too thus the fresh smell during and post shower),waterfall and forest

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Still left extra Diy hepa filters
300x300x25mm (4pcs) take 2pcs for $37 included free postage
400x300x25mm (2pcs) take 2pcs for $45 included free postage as well.

If anyone interested and pm me
Thanks

Regards Kevin

wizardundo

Reaction score

Thanks

Regards Kevin

If I want it for my Sharp A28, which one should I choose? :s11:

I feel like I dont want to waste the A28.. :s13:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
If I want it for my Sharp A28, which one should I choose? :s11:

I feel like I dont want to waste the A28.. :s13:

Your sharp A28 actual size was 380x240x25mm

Can decide for 400x300x25mm just diy cut of by self, or you need help.

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Your sharp A28 actual size was 380x240x25mm

Can decide for 400x300x25mm just diy cut of by self, or you need help.

I measured the FU-A28 Filter is 310x285x25. I'll be making some purchases for this filter soon. Anyone want to tag along?

I also have replacement filters for AX40: 310x281x45 @ $42 and Osim iLife: 317x256x20 @$40. PM me if interested. Thanks.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I measured the FU-A28 Filter is 310x285x25. I'll be making some purchases for this filter soon. Anyone want to tag along?

I also have replacement filters for AX40: 310x281x45 @ $42 and Osim iLife: 317x256x20 @$40. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Oops like 300mm can use soft foam tape n place over the side

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
UPmX321.jpg

AX40 vs Honeywell 18450.

AX40 smaller than the 18450. Also slightly less bulky than the 18200.

Time to discharge my old workhorses from daily work duties. :s13:

Last edited:

idiots

Reaction score

Thanks

Regards Kevin

who so evil fly u aeroplane? or u order xtra?

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still looking ard for suitable APs to cover my rooms and common corridor/staircase area. Getting more and more confuse. Some APs with lower CADR stated have higher applicable area than some APs with higher CADR. So applicable area is not in direct relationship to CADR?

I am trying to get a setup where each room have a small AP each (to clean the air in the room when the room doors are closed) and a large AP to cover the whole area, i.e during daytime when the room doors are open so there is no need to turn on so many AP units and have the total power consumption much higher than a single larger AP turned on. Sounds reasonable?

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Still looking ard for suitable APs to cover my rooms and common corridor/staircase area. Getting more and more confuse. Some APs with lower CADR stated have higher applicable area than some APs with higher CADR. So applicable area is not in direct relationship to CADR?

I am trying to get a setup where each room have a small AP each (to clean the air in the room when the room doors are closed) and a large AP to cover the whole area, i.e during daytime when the room doors are open so there is no need to turn on so many AP units and have the total power consumption much higher than a single larger AP turned on. Sounds reasonable?

My basic understanding is that CADR is a standarized measurement, recommended area is not and as it will vary depending on manufacturer. You can calculate your own 'effective area' based on the amount of air changes per hour (ACH) you want to plan for, depending on your objective and needs.

ACH RECOMMENDATION FOR ALLERGY & ASTHMA SUFFERERS

We recommend a minimum of four air changes per hour for allergy sufferers. That being said, we publish coverage rates for 6, 4, and 2 ACH to give YOU the choice in selecting what is best for your specific application. We also do this because amongst air purifier manufacturers, there is little consensus. Some publish rates based on 6 ACH while other 2 ACH, and other still, like Blueair air purifiers, on 5 ACH. Why is four ACH our baseline? You don't have to simply take our word for it!

A minimum ACH rating of four is also recommended by ASHRAE (The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers) for patient rooms in hospitals. ASHRAE recommends a minimum ACH of six for intensive care units and a minimum ACH of 25 for operating rooms. Again, this just illustrates that as the severity of the condition or necessity of cleanliness rises, so too should the ACH.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE MARKETING PLOYS

So what does all of this have to do with marketing ploys? Many retailers list the recommended room size based on an ACH of two, which can leave some people buying a unit that is too small to handle the size of space they intend to clean. Other retailers list the recommended room size based on an ACH of six, and consumers can end up paying more money for a larger machine when a smaller air purifier would have suited their needs. To cut through this confusion we provide the coverage ratings for two, four, and six air exchanges per hour. So regardless of what different manufacturers may say or how they vary in rating their products, you can do a simple apples to apples comparison amongst nearly all models we offer.

Until there is overwhelming consensus amongst all parties, this problem is likely to persist. Even if manufacturers were to all agree on a standard ACH on which to base their coverage, this measurement is still just an educated guess, at best. Like dehumidifiers and humidifiers, air purifiers operate in a three dimensional world where volume or air is a far more accurate measure than square feet. Square feet is easier to calculate. It's what most consumer are familiar with, but it's also part of the reason why there is such confusion over ACH and coverage, and it's also something that can tweaked or cajoled to put the best face on a product.

http://www.achooallergy.com/learnin...our-recognizing-air-purifier-marketing-ploys/

Personally, I think you still need to run all the AP units for at least an hour +, then leave the main unit to 'maintain'. One unit in living room alone, I don't see how the airflow from various rooms will circulate to the main unit unless you blast fans in a very systematic way to guide airflow in the whole house?

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My basic understanding is that CADR is a standarized measurement, recommended area is not and as it will vary depending on manufacturer. You can calculate your own 'effective area' based on the amount of air changes per hour (ACH) you want to plan for, depending on your objective and needs.

Personally, I think you still need to run all the AP units for at least an hour +, then leave the main unit to 'maintain'. One unit in living room alone, I don't see how the airflow from various rooms will circulate to the main unit unless you blast fans in a very systematic way to guide airflow in the whole house?

Humm...thanks for the explanation and advice. Think I will go with getting the APs for the rooms first. With the AP I already have that is use to cover the living room and dinning room, I will do some test runs with different placements of the APs and get some readings from the particle counter. Then I will see what I need to do with the results. :)

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Regards Kevin

how come u got leftover?

thought it according to orders ones?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
how come u got leftover?

thought it according to orders ones?

Sometime you can't expected right, but diy filter can use as vari models, so I dun worry as much, since I can use it in future as well :)

Just offer for someone who needs it only, otherwise then keep for own use, LOL

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Before 2015 haze, most of us had this question as well. After the 2015 haze season and measuring with the meters, we found that PM2.5 pollutants are able to be reduced in a decent speed in our HDB sized rooms.

Eg : 1 x LG PS-R459 in the living room at high speed, ~ 320 m3/hr. Midea KJ30 @ 250 m3/hr M speed.
MBR door closed. Middle bedroom raw = ~ 7-15 ug/m3. Living room is ard the same. I didn't take note of the time but it was well over 1hr. Starting point for the house, take it to be well over 100 ug/m3 raw.

However, allergens like house mite droppings is probably a different ballgame altogether and need to be removed many times faster.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.