tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hijack thread... looking for one too

dunno whether to go for ID or straight contractor

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok lah....know a few ppl there...some of the Senior ID is got liao one....ever won furniture design awards before...

Sent from No Signature Required! using GAGT
i have a few collegues whom used cissern and they are very happy with their workmanship.

if u ask me, i thk their design is pretty normal lo. maybe i didnt spend so much, they see me as peasant lol.

my hse going to renovate finish liao, but so far my experiences wif my id is pretty unpleasant.

Sent from spaceship using GAGT

xplayer

Banned
Reaction score
HAP studio not badz cos they manage whole project for u and provide gd after sales service.

Glamorousky

Reaction score
Trenadiz Interior Design look for shun

Or matrix interior design look for jet.

Hope it helps.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hijack thread... looking for one too

dunno whether to go for ID or straight contractor

if u have time, go to straight contractor

the downside is u must coordinate everything urself.

the upside is, you really save alot.

for ID, to be honest, they are not really IDs. they are just like salesperson trying to sell u a renovation package. u are paying them to solve the coordination issues

honestly, the prices in the renovation market are very transparent now, more like consumer market

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u have time, go to straight contractor

the downside is u must coordinate everything urself.

the upside is, you really save alot.

for ID, to be honest, they are not really IDs. they are just like salesperson trying to sell u a renovation package. u are paying them to solve the coordination issues

honestly, the prices in the renovation market are very transparent now, more like consumer market

Quite true. Prices are more or less the same, you pay for the service which is why is best to get someone you can work with

slowstatic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hijack - You all got any contractor lobang to do toilet doors ???

I want to replace the lousy HDB toilet door :(
The plastic thing at the bottom broken, now cannot slide the door to close... Has been 2-3 years Liao :(

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
reno muz have ID meh... ID=satkiness? i ish dun understand... tats y i choose to be my own ID n get contractors to carry out my work... ;)

if u gt the time and strength..and the hired contractor wont be cheap aso..

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
Why need ID?

Go straight for a reno contractor. They are able to do the job for most of the default designs.

if u lucky can find those good/reliable one, wad if they keep delay or do half way run away? u need to be there guiding them the position , dimension, or drawing.. if u super free gt good lobang den ok lo..

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
reno muz have ID meh... ID=satkiness? i ish dun understand... tats y i choose to be my own ID n get contractors to carry out my work... ;)

Hopefully not individual contractor for different parts like flooring, carpentry, electrical works, plumping..

If above, it's okay if u can afford the time and the slower progression of works..Damn busy also..

I went thru contractor who bao ka liao what we need, talk thru the design we want then he draw out simple 3d to confirm..And lucky we decided to find one contractor to do everything, if not sure die..Even with him, also quite busy with other installation and purchases..

Last edited:

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
Using R&R, personally I like my ID's suggested changes to my initial plan and although she's pretty new to the industry (1 yr+), can see her passion in her work.

Her follow up on our request was always swift and very responsive.

Overall I will give R&R a thumbs up, your milage may vary.

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

etpt70

Reaction score
Can try Hall Interior. I'm using them for now. Can check them out on FB to see if their designs suits you.

slowstatic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I engaged Classic Furniture to do my Kitchen cabinet and wardrobe.

Workmanship is very good and the material they used is really quality, I highly recommend them but they are expensive. :(

The rest of my reno is done by another I.D, acceptable but not as good as Classic Furniture

Anyone got lobang for doing Toilet doors ?

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Rezt & Relax and Unimax got simi bad review? :o

I was looking around, very mixed reviews. But they have been hustling me regarding the quotation. Need to push them. Very sian.

jetfire

Reaction score
Most firms that were stated are really just contractors with abit of basic interior design (furniture layouts, mass production design etc). That aside even if a certain firm is good, it does not mean all IDs in the firm are good as everyone has different skillsets and different team doing the renovation.

A real ID individual/firm would cost anything from 5k onwards or normally 5% onwards of your contract. Which is quite expensive but they do help to solve design issues, space planning, purchase of furniture etc. If you are willing to pay, its a good deal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.