Built-in Oven: Catalytic vs Pyrolytic

kleave

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for oven for my new house and I hope to get some of your feedback before I purchase my new oven.

I know the function between Catalytic and pyrolytic. I would like to know from your experience about this two self-cleaning does it really help or should I just get the normal one?

I am actually shortlist this two model from Brandt BXC6537XS and FP1067XS.
I notice that Catalytic is cheaper then Pyrolytic.

I am openfor other brand like bosch.

Thanks for reading my post.

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for oven for my new house and I hope to get some of your feedback before I purchase my new oven.

I know the function between Catalytic and pyrolytic. I would like to know from your experience about this two self-cleaning does it really help or should I just get the normal one?

I am actually shortlist this two model from Brandt BXC6537XS and FP1067XS.
I notice that Catalytic is cheaper then Pyrolytic.

I am openfor other brand like bosch.

Thanks for reading my post.

It really depends on what type of cooking you do in the oven.

If you frequently do cooking in covered equipment - covered stewing pots, foil wrapped baking trays, etc, then a catalytic oven is sufficent.

But if you frequently do open meat roasts like chicken, beef, etc, where fat and grease splatters easily, then a pyrolytic oven can help with the cleaning up. Pizzas also apply here.

Personally, I have a 10 year old Brandt catalytic oven that is pretty easy to clean after roasting chickens, just that the tempreature setting is a little inaccurate now.

phaffia

Reaction score
Sorry, am reviving this thread as I am thinking to purchase an in-built oven for my new place.

Does anyone here have any experience to share with pyrolytic and/or catalytic ovens?

TIA

blow360

Reaction score
I have been using pyrolytic oven (brandt) in my previous house for 8 yrs.
bought back the same for my new place.

Super easy to clean and maintain. hardly need to wipe. just use the pyrolytic function once a month or something to burn all bits to a crisp and wipe off e ash.

phaffia

Reaction score
I have been using pyrolytic oven (brandt) in my previous house for 8 yrs.
bought back the same for my new place.

Super easy to clean and maintain. hardly need to wipe. just use the pyrolytic function once a month or something to burn all bits to a crisp and wipe off e ash.
Thanks! Were there additional considerations you made when designing the carpentry to install the oven? Any additional allowance for air vents to dispel heat esp for the pyrolytic cycles?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.