Ceiling Fan - what size for HDB bedroom?

tak1985

Reaction score
My ID tell me dont exceed 36" but the newer dc fans all at least 46/48". Really cannot put 48" in HDB bedroom? Room size about 3m x 4.5m. Any experts can advise? If got pic best.

jeffrey_siahsg

Reaction score
60" = 1.5meter
Dint know why can't install above 36", maybe the L-box or false ceiling design prevent from installing bigger ceiling fan?

My living room 3mx4m using 60"
Bedroom having 48"

Last edited:

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you have a floor plan with your lighting layout?
It could be that there is limited space due to lighting locations

Your ID must have some reason for telling you to get a 36" (btw there are not much 36" and below sized fans that are actually functional)

You should really communicate to your ID better, ask him/her for their rationale on which they give you certain guidelines to follow

tak1985

Reaction score
Yup thanks. For the rooms he just felt that smaller look nicer, had confirmed with him its ok to go 48. As for the living room, space has contraints due to the island false ceiling, so will be getting a 36".

Any recommendations for small and nice 36" and below fan? cant seem to find a dc motor one for this size so might as well choose a nice one.

redsuns86

Reaction score
I think the Fanztec brand has 36" DC ones, you can check those out.

Yup thanks. For the rooms he just felt that smaller look nicer, had confirmed with him its ok to go 48. As for the living room, space has contraints due to the island false ceiling, so will be getting a 36".

Any recommendations for small and nice 36" and below fan? cant seem to find a dc motor one for this size so might as well choose a nice one.

Donkey2019

Reaction score
For HDB NEW BTO (sq ard 93 or 96sq),
1) if master bedroom wardrobe is between 6ft to 7ft with sliding doors,
Ceiling fan can consider 52"
2) for the other 2 bedrooms wardrobe is ard 5ft with sliding doors,
Ceiling fans can consider 48"

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.