Recommend a Good and Cheap Air-Con Service Company

Sneaky_ho

Reaction score
Technically you never need a gas top up unless aircons is not install right from day 1.

Agree. The aircon gas operates on a close loop system and should never require gas top up unless there is a leak which means that it was not install correctly from day 1 or the pipe had cracked due to renovations. Otherwise, topping up gas is just another con-job excuse of making u pay.

nahbehism

Reaction score
Can anyone advise? After i do servcing such as chemical wash, after a few weeks the air con will be not cold enough.. it will become weak.. What shld i do?

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been using Gain City for many years, nvr fail to impress me.
even tho prices may not be the most competitive but as one user said ac is smth that will be used for years so shldn't save on such costs only to face trouble next time and end up spending even more cos that was what happened to me when i tried to be cheepo

Does Gain City general service (ECONOMY SERVICE) includes dismantling the AC and wash the blower and tray?

I'm planning to use thier service.

Last edited:

Matchstick89

Reaction score
I got an system 3 LG aircon which is going to be 3 years old. One of them, after hours of operating will produce rattling sound. However to reduce/eliminate the sound, I have to set to low or medium fan speed.

I have ask people to come in and check but the sound won't be there when they are here for the check.

They suggested me to change the blower fan as 2 to 3 blades are missing/crack. Will that really affect that much?

It is very annoying for me. Can anyone with experience tell me what is wrong with the unit?

Matchstick89

Reaction score
Does Gain City general service (ECONOMY SERVICE) includes dismantling the AC and wash the blower and tray?

I'm planning to use thier service.

Yes they will do that, I am using them when I first install my aircon. Their cleaning is superb. If anything happen after cleaning still can call them back, so not to worry.

magneto23

Reaction score
Am about to sign a contract with SoCool. Have 5 blowers. Was quoted $350 plus GST for quarterly servicing. Anyone have experience working with SoCool?

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am about to sign a contract with SoCool. Have 5 blowers. Was quoted $350 plus GST for quarterly servicing. Anyone have experience working with SoCool?

Why don't you pay them for a 1 time aircon service to try out first before deciding whether to sign a quarterly maintenance contract with them ?

magneto23

Reaction score
Why don't you pay them for a 1 time aircon service to try out first before deciding whether to sign a quarterly maintenance contract with them ?

Might do that. Wanted to gather feedback from previous customers anyway.

Part of the overall research process.

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got an system 3 LG aircon which is going to be 3 years old. One of them, after hours of operating will produce rattling sound. However to reduce/eliminate the sound, I have to set to low or medium fan speed.

I have ask people to come in and check but the sound won't be there when they are here for the check.

They suggested me to change the blower fan as 2 to 3 blades are missing/crack. Will that really affect that much?

It is very annoying for me. Can anyone with experience tell me what is wrong with the unit?

Missing blades will make the blower off balance and rattle thus the sound. Better to change before the motor can't take the rattle vibration and spoil too.

Posted from PCWX using iPhone 1000 Pro Max

Last edited:

ocean_boi

Master Member
Reaction score
Blinking indicates that there is a fault with your fcu and it is shutting itself down to avoid further damage.

The number of blinks per set is tagged to an error code.
If you are able to advice on the number of blinks per set, I can probably try to advice what is the possible clause. (Example 2 blinks short pause then 2 blinks short pause and repeat)

Chances are the fault is contained within this fcu since the other units are not blinking. If you have not reset your aircon by switching off the aircon main power/isolator usually located near the condenser you might want to give it a try.

Otherwise do approach your appointed aircon contractor and have them assist with a checking.

HI Maxicooljason,
i have this problem too. it blink one time. I m currently using the Mit Starmex FJ series , system 2. I had 2 different company gave me different diagnoses,
1 said it is the valve faulty, need to change, cost 300$$ plus.
2 said the cound be pcb faulty/fan motor faulty suggest change whole unit, $440.

please tell me which should i incline to? hah

maxicooljason

Reaction score
Hello There,

Received your PM. Will reply thru there instead.

HI Maxicooljason,
i have this problem too. it blink one time. I m currently using the Mit Starmex FJ series , system 2. I had 2 different company gave me different diagnoses,
1 said it is the valve faulty, need to change, cost 300$$ plus.
2 said the cound be pcb faulty/fan motor faulty suggest change whole unit, $440.

please tell me which should i incline to? hah

Tukatuz

Reaction score
Anyone encounter compressor spoil and was told better to replace the whole system than repair?

I heard sound a loud sound from my compressor. The aircon guy came and says the board fried and better to change the whole unit...which will cost 4K plus !

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone encounter compressor spoil and was told better to replace the whole system than repair?

I heard sound a loud sound from my compressor. The aircon guy came and says the board fried and better to change the whole unit...which will cost 4K plus !

You can try getting a second opinion.

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using daikin? Mine keeps breaking down! My maintenance contractor told me it was a common observation. I thought daikin was a good brand. Feel like getting rid of it for a new one.

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using daikin? Mine keeps breaking down! My maintenance contractor told me it was a common observation. I thought daikin was a good brand. Feel like getting rid of it for a new one.

Your Daikin how old?

Posted from PCWX using iPhone 1000 Pro Max

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.