Recommend for Portable Air Con. TRENDS good?

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because new HDB cannot mount..

Best is window casement aircon

Anyone use thermoelectric air con

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
79iFshb.jpg

I use this 1 TCL 10.000 BTU for my room...

ylime87

Reaction score
i recently bought the TCL 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner from Lazada. I adjusted it to 18deg C at the COOL mode. Reviews: it managed to cool the room to like 28degC? It didnt give the air-conditioner effect. Is this normal? or i should adjust the settings to otherwise?

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i recently bought the TCL 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner from Lazada. I adjusted it to 18deg C at the COOL mode. Reviews: it managed to cool the room to like 28degC? It didnt give the air-conditioner effect. Is this normal? or i should adjust the settings to otherwise?

Yes normal for portable aircon.

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

28?:eek: i also usin it in my room too... quite cold leh...

bernicecly

Reaction score
hi everyone, just asking whether anybody knows what's the difference between air cooler and portable air con?? and which is better?

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, just asking whether anybody knows what's the difference between air cooler and portable air con?? and which is better?

Air cooler not cold...just like fan..
Portable aircon cold n good for cooling room...

ELRLEE

Reaction score
Hi anyone bought europace portable aircon and the compressor started to produce screeching loud sound out of sudden? Mine is a EPAC 12c and warranty is already 1year+over. I'm wondering if it is the compressor? If it is I think still have the 5years warranty.

teckgamer

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Thinking of getting a portable air con to be put on a master room.
When buying portable air con, does it come with installation? I wouldn't mind paying for installation fees so that the exhaust will fit to the window?

If it doesn't come with installation fee - how can we ensure the exhaust will fit to the window? Just DIY buy some kind of foam?

Any recommendation?
As long as it's cold - will be able to make it to 22C for my bedroom and it's not noisy.
Budget is 1K.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Thinking of getting a portable air con to be put on a master room.
When buying portable air con, does it come with installation? I wouldn't mind paying for installation fees so that the exhaust will fit to the window?

If it doesn't come with installation fee - how can we ensure the exhaust will fit to the window? Just DIY buy some kind of foam?

Any recommendation?
As long as it's cold - will be able to make it to 22C for my bedroom and it's not noisy.
Budget is 1K.

with 1k u can get a window case aircon or the single unit better than the portable one.

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
Last time i spent 1.4k for a sharp portable. 12 yrs still working tho, window aircon prob more efficient.

candy crush

Banned
Reaction score
My room window is like this one, flipping up/down one

JqVup6V.png

I understand if I buy a aircon, there will be a pipe put outside

the problem is, I dun have a "hole" on my wall, if I put a pipe through the window, it will not be close completely, will it be a problem?

Please advice, I heard if u buy aircon, u must shut whole room completely if not not cold? :s11:

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My room window is like this one, flipping up/down one

JqVup6V.png

I understand if I buy a aircon, there will be a pipe put outside

the problem is, I dun have a "hole" on my wall, if I put a pipe through the window, it will not be close completely, will it be a problem?

Please advice, I heard if u buy aircon, u must shut whole room completely if not not cold? :s11:

U can replace one of those glass plane with a wooden board...That board can have a hole mount for your exhaust pipe

U sacrifice one side of the window lo

U can leave door open... But just not as cold and longer to get cold

Btw what type of air-conditioning u want to get...

macdonalds109

Reaction score
Hi, just to share with everyone here. Bought a Honeywell model MN-CES10 (10k btu) about 3 years ago online Qo10 seller Parisilk at promotion price and after offset coupon discount, it costs less than $600. Installed in my daughter's room as my old 4 rm flat only have a single split unit in master bedroom.
Unit came with the necessary window fittings for the exhaust hose and it's very easy to setup.

Collected this data personally:
Able to cool the room size of 11.5sqm to 25c in about 8 mins at max fan speed during noon time and was able to cool the room temp to 20c (with setting at 18c)
Noise level at day time environment with road traffic etc and with max fan speed is 56db which is considered very good compared to other portable brands.
Noise level at night time environment with less lesser road traffic etc and max fan speed at 10pm was 52db but when reduced the fan speed to lowest setting, the noise level dropped to 47db with room temp at 21c.
After running continuously for 12 hours, there is no condensation thus no water to clear.
On a daily usage of average 10 hours, the electricity increased on average of 90kwh which was about $15 more per month on the billing.
For maintenance, once a month just need to remove the aircon filter at the rear of the unit for cleaning.
Either use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum the filter and the cooling fins with a very fine brush (caution not to damage the fins) to clear the dust build up. I personally use a paint brush with very very fine bristles to gently clean the fins every 6 months.
Alternatively is to wash the filter with plain water(do not need to use any strong chemical or soap) and let it sit dry.
For better air quality, I buy 3m aircon filter sheets and trim them to fit into the original mesh filter.
Though this portable unit takes up quite a bit of space but 3 years now, it still works marvellously.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.